Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 442

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

definitely dated controls and cameras but I love it haha

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmmmmmm Curse of the Old Gods has a Soulsborne feel combat wise. I haven't played enough to recommend it but what I've played has been awesome.

UnderMine has been really really really fun if you were a BoI fan.

DarkHotline likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i never thought about they have to update kirbys move sets every time they add new characters lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

6. -deleted-

-

About to play my first Final Fantasy game ever thanks to PS Plus.

(unless you count Kingdom Hearts as like .4 of a FF game.)

Philll, SpyKi, theagentcoma and 2 others like this.
  7. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Does everyone already know we're getting a JSRF spiritual sequel next year (out on both PC and consoles)?

Cameron and Your Milkshake like this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

Spiritual sequels usually don’t really hit the spot the way you’d want to imo

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cough Bioshock Cough

10. Driving2theBusStation Mar 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Really? I mostly disagree based on the ones I've played. Why do you think this?

I like Bioshock but I get this take as well.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

Are there games that are similar to Persona? I just finished 4 and have already played 3 and 5. It is such an addictive gameplay loop.

Cameron likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

Sometimes because the original often isn't as good as people remember, sometimes because the spiritual sequel was made with a smaller budget, because it can feel like an off-brand clone etc.

13. The Lucky Moose

Tokyo Xanadu

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Would definitely check out Three Houses if you haven’t already. There are a lot of similarities

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. grimis16

Regular

Just beat RE 3 remake in one sitting. Took 5 hours to complete it. Pretty fun, but man it's not even close to RE2. Way more action, you are rarely on edge or feel like you need to save ammo. Happy I bought it on deep deep sale, feels way more like a DLC than a complete game.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. Driving2theBusStation Mar 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

No lies detected. Guess I've mostly lucked out w/ the ones I played: Bioshock/System Shock -> Prey, Gunstar Heroes -> Cuphead, Castlevania -> Bloodstained, Narbacular Drop > Portal, Ico -> TLG initially came to mind. Though to be fair I usually play about 6-10 games a year, so not much to draw from.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So I just bought CIVVI for my Switch. Any tips for someone who has literally never played a Civilization game before? Should I just dive in, or watch something on YouTube? I tried using the tutorial it comes with and if anything it made me more confused.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

These videos are great

It's a bit of a time investment but definitely worth it if you want to really enjoy the game.

19. Oh shoot was I supposed to replay RE1 with Chris before RE5? I don't really want to go through that again...

20. emojedi

Trusted

Bloodstained says hello

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

You do get different cutscenes and the gameplay/puzzles are a little different in the different characters playthroughs. But it’s not like you’re missing important character development if you just play RE5 without having played as Chris in 1 lol.

22. I figured as much, I just don't get why 5 had a flashback to Jill's tombstone

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Contender likes this.
  24. xkaylinh Mar 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2021)
    Nvm this gets explained haha I was like I don't remember Jill jumping out a window

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  25. -deleted-

-

All in due time.

Ironically enough the outcome of this “predicament” I’ll say is one of very few things PWS Anderson used in his films from the actual games. Not very well, but you’ll see.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.