Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 411

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Amazon I think? It's the same director as Super High Me. It's very well done. It's nuts that Dish owns the name and every year they have to file to keep the Blockbuster name.

Cameron likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yuk

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Rip Hollywood Video

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just finished it a couple of weeks ago. Like moose alluded to, go for a STR build and make good use of a shield. DSR is a slower pace compared to BB but was just as great an experience for me. Bloodborne definitely drove me crazier.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Probably going to finish FF7R tonight, not sure if I want to go Sekiro or Like A Dragon next.

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the gamestop stock thing has been going on a couple weeks. wall street bets was going all in.

7. grimis16

Regular

8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Today sucks, but I’m going to watch Toad Road

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

started fallen order and yeah this just uncharted in Star Wars skin and I’m so into it

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s the best part of FO imo, they figured out how to do the Uncharted formula

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Bullet sponges and everything?

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really the only Uncharted element in Fallen Order is the linear climbing sections. It’s really more of a cross between Metroid Prime and a less punishing version of Dark Souls.

13. DarkHotline

I disagree, the big action set pieces are a hallmark of the Uncharted series and FO has that in spades.

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I love how I constantly say I can’t handle the souls series so of course I play fallen order which is souls light version

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Fallen Order is so so much easier than any of the souls games

16. Anthony_

The combat is definitely Souls-inspired and the world exploration feels really similar to the first Dark Souls as well with how the zones double back on themselves to create shortcuts. But then it also has heavy Metroid influence as well in terms of getting upgrades to go back to previously inaccessible areas and stuff like that. The map system is also like directly lifted from Metroid Prime.

Turns out combining elements from two amazing games creates an amazing game.

17. grimis16

Regular

But the action, set pieces, graphics, story, and level design aren't even close to Uncharted.

Just beat Fallen Order and liked almost nothing of it. The graphics and pop in are so bad that it really takes away from the level design. Fighting is limited and gets old quick even after upgrading. And man, the back tracking is annoying as hell. I finish a mission and now I have to go back to my ship? Redundant add on.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Don't play Metroid or Castlevania.

Cameron and flask like this.
  19. grimis16

Regular

I enjoyed Metroid Prime games back in the day, and absolutely love Hallow Knight (which is a ton of back tracking). I just felt like FO used it to fill time and gameplay. Also the worlds were just confusing and real ugly. The game would only progress if you follow the correct path and even though it's an "open world" there is usually only one way to get from point a to b. I'm not sure if it's because I played on my original xbox one, but the pop in and rendering is terrible.

20. Anthony_

It’s not an “open world” and never claimed to be lol

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Open environments don't mean open world if it's a linear story.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  22. DarkHotline

It’s similar though

23. Thought the graphics of fallen order are pretty damn good

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

There was a lot of pop in when I played on my base PS4 but I was having a good time despite that

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Thought this was kind of cool, even if it’s a mock up:
    3E424A16-4F97-45F7-A0C1-59A516281CA0.jpeg

Colby Searcy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.