Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 363

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

the real reason i've never played more than five hours of breath of the wild

2. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

you loaned out your copy of BOTW after playing only 5 hours of it? this is the most selfless act I've ever witnessed.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Jim’s the only one willing to speak up re: the $70 price hike, get their asses king

sawhney[rusted]2 and DarkHotline like this.
  4. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

site doesn’t have enough bandwidth for that

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  5. shea

RIP Supporter

Anybody have any experience buying from OfferUp? Wife found a local seller with a PS5 on there for $600 and bought it out of desperation but I’m a little wary of scams because I’ve never used it.

Seems like they have buyer protection policies and whatnot like eBay so if it is a scam we should be able to get our money back, right?

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I thought Bully was great, even though it definitely shows its age. The last mission was lame as fuck though

blast0rama and Joe4th like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yes I have bought plenty, make sure they have ratings and previous sales of course. I know you can go the extra mile to verify your account on OfferUp, has this seller done it? $600 does sound too good to be true. How did you plan on paying? Locally i've done cash app/zelle when I would meet up with them which obviously has no buyer protectio but I also would make sure I have what I purchased first.

If you plan on going through with it, just go together and meet at a very public place during the day. If they start trying to change where to meet, or the time or anything like that, back out for sure. Basically, you should be coming up with the where to meet and when, not them.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

lol i had an ex break a copy of my dead rising for wii game it was tragic i miss that game

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

100% that game is fun as heck

Rob Hughes likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

He truly is one of the best game journalists of them all, dude fights for fair consumer practices and more should follow him.

11. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I completely am willing to admit I'm an old, re: Bully, but I definitely like when devs are/were willing to take "risks" like this.

I don't mean to hit on the same old gripe, but it definitely feels like a follow-the-franchises-there-is-money-there idea, versus the make-something-cool-and-audiences-risk-because-of-track-record deal.

(And I say this loving Nintendo who definitely franchise into the ground)

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Nintendo takes risks within them though

Philll and blast0rama like this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ehh

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

related: Nintendo needs to quit fucking around and give us a new F Zero

15. DarkHotline

New F-Zero and Earthbound on the Switch SNES emulator, please and thank you.

theagentcoma and Your Milkshake like this.
  16. Freud

Immortals with no morals, and no hang ups Prestigious

Loved that game at launch, then my phone broke and that was before they synced everything to FB. Can't bring myself to go back now. Sucks, I really enjoyed it back then.

Paimon da best

Tides likes this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I know nothing about Nintendo so feel free to flame me, but what risks has Nintendo taken exactly with Mario/Zelda/Pokémon/Smash?

18. DarkHotline

Zelda def has with games like Wind Walker, Majora’s Mask, and Skyward Sword.

19. DarkHotline

Apparently, there’s reports of people getting stick drift on the DualSense controllers

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Taking too long to release them

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

After spending enough time with my PS5 I can officially say what I like about it the least:

The explore tab. It's supposed to be customized to recent news, articles and videos for things you like and follow, but it's legitimately just whatever they're trying to sell you or what's trending. So it's just stuck on Fortnite and below it says "because you follow this product" or something.

I don't follow that product. I haven't clicked Fortnite, I haven't clicked on any of the other games in the explore page. There's no option to unfollow anything either. There's absolutely no customization for it.

I do realize it's such a small thing, but like, I hate feeling like the second I turn on my console I just get a face full of advertising.

DarkHotline likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Pokemon not so much (technically also not a Nintendo game), but they released Mario and Zelda games that really switches up the formula. BotW alone flipped not just the franchise but open world games on its head. Just compare it to the Zelda game before it and you’ll see how different they can be.

Zach likes this.
  23. Tides

@IMTides_

Dang, that really sucks. I think the game has gotten better and better as time has gone by, so it's a real shame that you lost your account. I can understand not going back, but I think the way the game is these days, honestly it's not too bad even if you start from fresh. But yeah, if I lost my account now I'm not sure I'd go back as someone who has been an (almost) daily player since Day 1 hahaha.

24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

PS end of year sale is on rn and has some great sales

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what part of BotW flipped open world games on their head? not here to argue big time just curious.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.