Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 106

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

plan on it! meant the basegame stuff - keep hearing that the DLC is some of the best content

2. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

sorry for caps

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

the DLC is twice as good as the main game imo

4. sean_rugy

the all caps worked tbh

mescalineeyes and oldjersey like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's so hard for me to play DLC after I beat a game lol, still want to play Witcher DLC but i'm honestly also like, whats the point?

sean_rugy and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I love the main game so much, but the dlc is definitely my fave part of HZD. The best dlc ever.

mescalineeyes and sean_rugy like this.
  7. sean_rugy

bloodborne you are next, I'm gonna do it ya'll (after the DLC)

zigbigwig and Jake W like this.
  8. Jake W

yes and beat it so you can call @oldjersey a fake gamer

sean_rugy likes this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

fuk

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Is that what JFG stands for? Jersey Fake Gamer?

I’m a fake gamer. The video game industry should love me because I just buy the things and don’t play them. Therefore I don’t complain about how bad they are

Vase Full Of Rocks and Jake W like this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

Your Milkshake likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow try again bro!

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  13. Jake W

Jersey Fake Gamer

14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I'm the same way, especially if I have to purchase it. Never played TLOU DLC but wanted to. The only reason I went back and played the Spider-Man DLC was because I bought it with the ultimate edition (not really sure why I did this as I usually dont).

CarpetElf and oldjersey like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fucking incredible game

theagentcoma and Your Milkshake like this.
  17. grimis16

Regular

Took me 2 weeks to finally beat the Last of Us 2. The first game is my favorite game ever made, so I had huge expectations.

My thoughts on Part 2:

After playing the first chapter of the game I realized that it was entirely too easy. Bumped the difficultly up one notch to hard and it definitely improved the gameplay.

Gameplay/gunplay/action is as fluid and fun as the first with enhancements. I felt like I could approach each conflict multiple different ways and it kept each encounter fun and challenging. I like the added stealth, prone position, being able to climb. I think ammo and weapons were more abundant in part 2, so I never had moments of needing to flee, I could always kill every enemy with ammo to spare. I wanted to finish the story, but definitely will go back and play on survival.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story and there were plenty of "oh shit!" moments. Not as spectacular as the original, but it's damn near impossible to top that one.

My first criticism for the game is that it's too long. Part of that is the way I play, I search every corner of the world and open every single drawer. There were many places where you could just run forward and continue the game, but I decided to scavenge. For example during Capital Hill, it took me 40 minutes to play through that, but when I went back to find a workbench (complete a trophy) it took me only 7 minutes to clear that part. Overall it took me just over 27 hours to complete, so it's not the 50 hour slog of RDR2, but I feel like some of the game could have been DLC or cut in order to keep the pacing of the story.

2nd is that I would have liked to know more about some of the secondary characters. Some are talked about and built up and then nothing becomes of them.

Only other nitpick is that I think there could have been a lot more encounters where enemy humans and infected interact.

I feel like there's way too much criticism for this game and people just want to bash and hate. Graphics, gameplay, options, depth, production, everything is top notch.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I don't have enough time to do a FF9 run before Paper Mario damnit

oldjersey and Jake W like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Steelrising Is A New Action/RPG With A Historical Twist

Spiders, never change

20. Jake W

21. Emotherapy

Regular

Was Greedfall any good? I was interested after seeing some trailers but completely forgot about it

Jake W likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Emotherapy and Jake W like this.
  23. Jake W

If you like Dragon Age is a must buy

Emotherapy likes this.
  24. Jake W

Tbh it's great if you love Western RPGs in general

Emotherapy likes this.
  25. Emotherapy

Regular

Thanks I'll have to check it out next time I get paid! I could use a big RPG right now

Jake W likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.