Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vice (Adam McKay, December 21,2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Starting with his beginnings as a Washington bureaucrat, the film explores Cheney’s service under the Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and George H. W. Bush administrations and as the CEO of energy management company Halliburton.

cast:Christian Bale as Dick Cheney, Amy Adams as his wife, Lynne, Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush, Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld, Tyler Perry as Colin Powell, Shea Whigham as Wayne Vincent, Justin Kirk as Scooter Libby, Bill Camp as Gerald Ford, LisaGay Hamilton as Condoleezza Rice , and Lily Rabe and Alison Pill as Cheney's daughters Liz and Mary

[​IMG]

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

thought this was called backseat or something

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it was called Backseat and I think Cheney at some point but it's Vice now, don't ask me why

primavera likes this.
  4. I wonder if McKay will ever go back to doing comedies.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I still haven't seen The Big Short, but I was always a fan of McKay's other work. This looks pretty good. Seeing these actors play these roles will be fun. Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush... Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld...

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. Trailer tomo

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

oh yeah i’m on board

10. I love the lengths Bale went to look like Cheney and Sam Rockwell just looks like Sam Rockwell haha.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's wild what that mans body can do.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

so so so so in

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whoa glad he's okay

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't know what it says about me that the fact that a lot of people hates this makes me more excited to see it, lots of people like it too and apparently Bale is great no duh

Connor likes this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I love The Big Short but the amount of negative reviews that this is getting makes me want to see it more honestly.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty big step down from The Big Short. I liked most of the performances, but it was very shoddy at times and I don't think McKay ever really achieved whatever tone he was setting. Maybe the most a film has let me down this year

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this is a mess. Besides some facts about how Cheney manipulated his way up the totem pole, I’m really not sure what the point of this was.

OotyPa likes this.
  19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Let down by the reactions, still going to see it.

20. zmtr

Trusted

I had only seen parts of the trailer in passing and holy shit... I'm just now realizing Christian Bale is Cheney. That's insane.

Brent likes this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I left this movie not knowing there was a post credit sequence and thinking it was okay but not particularly insightful. Learning what the post credit sequence was plummeted it to my bottom movies of the year

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Watching this now with my family. It’s very dull so far and I left for a bathroom break with about 40 minutes to the end to write this lol. Not a fan of the mid-movie credits fake out

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this was good but not great
    Steve Carrell totally stole the show for me
    some of the stylized sequences really worked (the restaurant scene may be my favourite) but I found there was a little too much, kinda messed with the flow imo

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Obviously McKay's newest attempt to shove his liberal bias down our throats!!!

25. I really liked this. Far from perfect but I enjoyed it.