Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vic Mensa - There's Alot Going On (June 2, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, May 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I also think we might just be at a point where "Friday release" kinda assumes that it'll happen at midnight on streaming services, regardless of when the official announcement from artist or PR would be. That there might not be a reason to worry about it going up at midnight, because the announcement in the morning will still carry the same weight.

2. irthesteve

This tape is really great, very impressed. Gotta listen to that closing track a few more times to let it all sink in, it's totally got that "Last Call" feeling to it, like Vic's version of that

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

lmao what is Liquor Locker

4. I like the beginning and ending to this. The Danger>New Bae>Liquor Locker run ranges from meh to bad, but the rest is pretty good and occasionally moving.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Liquor Locker made no sense until Ty$ showed up and I was like oh that's why it sounds like this

6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

yeah there are some really impressive tracks on here especially the 1st and last track.

lol I like liquor locker, his voice in the second chorus is so good. New Bae is whack but maybe that's cool?

I think the worst part of the tape is that hook on Shades Of Blue. What even is that? Sounds so weak in comparison to everything else.

7. I had no idea this dropped, need to grab it when I get the chance.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This is super good... well at least the majority of it.

9. irthesteve

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Video is really damn good too

Traffic has jumped to nearly the top of my most anticipated albums

11. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

There is definitely a lot going on here. And most of it is not very good. Oh well.

Edit: New Bae is probably the worst song I've heard this year.

12. irthesteve

If you haven't heard, this track is excellent

13. ArchVillain

I wasn't really impressed with this.. which is sooo disappointing because I had high hopes for some sort of weird autotuney art thing but I didnt get it. His rapping is so boring.

14. irthesteve

Contender likes this.
  15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

just snatched tickets to see him and joey purp next month. mostly amped for joey but seeing like "down on my luck" or his kaytranada guest spot and some of the stuff from this will be cool

irthesteve likes this.
  16. irthesteve

I saw Vic a year ago and only knew Down On My Luck. I thoroughly enjoyed his live song regardless of not knowing any of the music, hope you have fun!

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

What where?

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Also have had the hook to "Liquor Locker" in my head all day

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Holy shit.

I think I gotta grab those.

Plus Garlic n Lemons to pre-game

21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yah it should be cool. lemme know if you go, im going with a couple buddies.

paak is playing the city the week before too but those regular GAs sold out :-/

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ya it's like a day after I fly back from Philly so I'll be broke but I'll let you know on the off chance I go

23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

he was really great live, definitely recommend going if you get the chance

irthesteve likes this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw him in DC and it felt like a punk show. Awesome energy (and I grabbed his arm lol). Joey Purp absolutely murdered it too, I see big things in his future

Did he come back out for an encore and play 16 Shots again for your show? It seemed genuinely spontaneous to me

25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

16 shots was the second song he played for us