Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vic Mensa - There's Alot Going On (June 2, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, May 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve May 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2016)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

1. Dynasty (Intro)
    2. 16 Shots
    3. Danger
    4. New Bae
    5. Liquor Locker (feat. Ty Dolla Sign)
    6. Shades of Blue
    7. There’s Alot Going On

2. irthesteve

Another post with song titles, ALBUM and TAPE lists side by side

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Interested to hear what he comes out with... some of his stuff is pretty enjoyable and some of it I could pass on, but I hope he can come out with a project I love all the way through.

4. irthesteve

I'm hoping that's Traffic for me, also hope this mixtape is that but it's less likely

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I've never listened to a full project of his before only his features. I'll give this a go when it drops.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed Innanetape, but haven't really listened to him since. Looking forward to what's next though.

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

everything hes done solo since down on my luck has been fucking terrible.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I like his tracks on the Flume and Kaytranada albums a good deal.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

INNANETTAPE and Down on my Luck are fun as hell. I really like that style of house rap that he's used for some tracks. I want more of that

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I think I liked Danger too. Anyways, this could have a handful of fun tracks, especially if the production is closer to his edm collabs than U Mad.

11. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Pretty much this. Ever since you said it once, every time someone brings him up to me I say "oh you mean Meme the Rapper?" and they become very unhappy lol

12. irthesteve

Down on My Luck is definitely the best of the singles, but I've at least enjoyed all the others

13. kemichels

"a lot"

TheWater(s), brandon_260 and cwhit like this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2016-6-2_16-13-55.png

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

A song being called New Bae basically confirms that this will be bad.

17. irthesteve

I'm sure you don't like any songs with horrible names

18. irthesteve

19. algae

Regular Prestigious

What problem do you have with the word "bae?" Leave African American Vernacular English alone.

This EP is great but I'm wondering if this is just a teaser for the tape and album that he's posted about or taking the place of one of those projects.

EDIT: If the tracklist that's visibly seen in that picture is trusted, this is just a teaser as none of the tracks written in the tape or album side appear here.

20. irthesteve

The tracks on the right side that he is writing are Liquor Locker, New Bae and something else. Pretty sure this is the tape

algae likes this.
  21. algae Jun 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2016)
    algae

Regular Prestigious

Oops, yeah you're right couldn't make out the words but looks like this is the tape. What's up with the free download, not available until tomorrow?

Closing track struck me hard

22. irthesteve

I dunno, probably there will be a bigger media push tomorrow morning than at midnight night before. Tying this release to the voting angle is very cool and will be pushed and promoted, hard to do that at midnight

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Innanetape is fantastic but he just completely blew me away with this

The title track is unreal

24. irthesteve

25. algae

Regular Prestigious

Wondering now if this could possibly be a mistake on the streaming services part, doesn't even seem like he officially announced that it's streaming or "out" on any of his social media platforms.

Yeah it could've been so easy for that track to be way too wordy or long but something about it just works for me.