Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vic Mensa - The Autobiography (7/28/17) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jun 8, 2017.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Even though I'm a huge Vic fan I could definitely agree that he still hasn't really found his own sound yet, though this album is the closest he's come yet. I really enjoy his singing and rock influences and he's definitely a good rapper

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This album and There's A lot Going On have really been growing on me lately. I agree he hasn't fully figured out his own style yet, but I think once he gets there he's going to be unstoppable.

tdlyon likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Really like the aesthetic on that video, Vic did a good job directing

Can't wait to see him open for Jay-Z in November. I've seen him twice already but they were both in extremely tiny venues, interested to see how he'll fare in an arena

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow he fucking killed that

7. irthesteve

tdlyon likes this.
  8. irthesteve

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Vic really killed it opening for Jay, he easily proved he could handle an arena show. Hopefully he reaches his full potential someday

irthesteve likes this.
  10. irthesteve

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Don't know how the hell he did it but Vic made a song with Marshmello and G-Eazy actually dope af

12. irthesteve Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2018)
    irthesteve

Nile Rodgers & CHIC ft. Mura Masa, Cosha and Vic Mensa

13. irthesteve

This is different

beachdude42 and angel paste like this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It seems really obvious with this and Reverse that he's still really desperately chasing a hit, which I thought he got over when his album dropped. I've been a big supporter of his for years but this is just not good imo. Literally sounds like he's doing a Drake impression (not because of the dancehall sound, like he's literally trying to imitate Drake's voice I think). Really hope he figures out what kind of artist he wants to be soon

That said, I love seeing him shit-talk DJ Akademics and 6ix9ine, I hate both of those motherfuckers. He's getting a LOT of hate in his comments because of it though

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I completely agree. I really do wish he’d settle on a sound. Preferably There’s A Lot Going On type of thing. I also agree this feels like it’s chasing right after Drake. Still have faith he’ll deliver more great stuff though.

tdlyon likes this.
  16. irthesteve

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

New track is probably his best of 2018 so far but still sounds like he's just ripping other artists. At least his singing sounds good as usual and the visuals are pretty cool

19. irthesteve

the EP is out at midnight

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

EP is okay, probably his weakest body of work so far (not that he has a lot) but it's definitely got some highlights

21. irthesteve

I find it pretty enjoyable overall, but don't really love anything on first listen.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. irthesteve

what's that

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh wow wasn't expecting 93PUNX to be a whole new artist, just an album title. This is actually really fucking well done though, his voice sounds great

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ahh beat me to it. q