Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Veronica Mars TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Finally finished S4. Definitely enjoyed it for what it was and am very glad to have Veronica back. The ending honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting and think it was done well even though I really hate the decision to kill Logan off. In my mind, he was one of the 2 untouchables.

I wasn't big on the story itself and the reveal of the bomber or their motivations but it wasn't awful. I thought the cameos throughout were much better placed than the film. I REALLY don't like this version of Weevil though, I would've liked to see more of his family man lifestyle.

Overall I thought it was good, not great, and look forward to more in the hopefully not so distant future.

thedrudo likes this.
  2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Give me Piz!

Colby Searcy and Mister Lyrical like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ok so I only just started the first episode back, but NEPTUNE IS NOW FILMED IN MY CITY. The Sea Sprite is a real motel down the street from me! SOOOOO crazy to see.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

And I also can't believed they filmed here and I had no idea that they were just up the street. Ok back to the show, be back after I finish.

5. ** probably some spoilers **

The more I think about this season the more mad I get. My sister finished today and texted me her disappointment as well and now I’m just angry again. She made a good point about how there’s an element of fan service this show should bend toward because no one really knows about or ever watched this show anyway. They’re not going to get new fans or turn it into the new “True Detective” or “Sherlock” and be a super popular show with new fans and followers ... they have a die hard fan base they should be thinking about and the decision was so counter to that it makes it even worse.

Social media reaction seems pretty negative from what I’ve seen, specifically in the mischaracterization of Veronica, and I’m having a hard time disagreeing.

By and large ... this sits with me even worse the more I think about it. I’ll probably watch the next season they maybe do, but with very little excitement compared to when this was announced, but I may just be out too. Dunno for sure. I can’t see how a mystery show (always the worst part of the show) would do it for me without the relationships the original cultivated. And I’d never buy in on any other V relationship again, so that removes a big part of the appeal I had to begin with.

Blah.

figureitout, Craig Manning and Jake W like this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I just finished S4. Not really down with that ending. I liked the season more than I didn't I guess, even though I was a bit bored a few times with what was going on.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

After sitting on it for a few days, I really liked this season, reservations about the ending aside. Would probably rank it just above season 2.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, fans seem to hate this pretty unanimously. I've read a lot of perspectives from female fans who are really mad about the ending and about Rob's explanation for it, since it's literally "We can't have Veronica be married because then she can't be a badass detective anymore."

EASheartsVinyl and Jason Tate like this.
  9. This really is one of the infuriating quotes to come out of the press tour. It rolls directly into one of the dumbest tropes and what it's really saying is "I'm not a good enough writer."

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. I'd also re-watch season 1, 2, and 3, before I'd watch this season again. So, I can't rank it higher than 4th.

I liked the character interactions and friendships and what were shown in season 3 far more than I did this season. The classic characters felt oddly tacked on here. Dick's comedic relief a tad forced. The entire rolling on E sequence? The just callous meanness with Weevils. I dunno. More I think about it, the more frustrated I get.

11. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

As much as I want another season of Veronica Mars I kinda hope it doesn't happen just so the Party Down movie or reboot might become possibly more of a thing for Rob Thomas. I did like this season though, finished it last night.

12. Not sure why I’d trust him to do anything good with a Party Down movie after his recent outings.

13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

You may be right and probably best to just leave it at two perfect seasons but I'll always be upset we never got more.

14. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

But we never saw Logan's body or the death on screen which means he's still alive based on every other show I've ever seen

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They 100% could pull some fuckin coma bullshit. And then he wakes up and is fine for a day but then dies from a blood clot like Meg in season 2, just to piss everyone off more

figureitout likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Maybe it'll be a Dr. Drake Ramoray situation.

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Maybe Veronica dies in season 5 and we’ll get a cool mystery set in the afterlife where she’s hanging out with Logan and Lily

JoshShulkin and Colby Searcy like this.
  18. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

So the Good Place?

19. They could go back and adapt the books.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Was hyped when they used “big fish” by Vince Staples in the penultimate episode. One of my favorite Vince tracks.

trevorshmevor and Jake W like this.
  21. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I just finished and somehow didn't get spoiled by that ending. I saw it coming though. Logan's character just had nowhere else to go. It sucks. I wish they found a more creative way to keep him alive either on or off the show, since we won't get a LoVe ending now. Another season could've taken place while he's away on a mission for months. Or maybe he's in jail and the center of the mystery. Idk. I understand the decision, but it was a lazy, easy choice. There's a lot more possibilities for stories without him, but her relationship with him and her dad is why we watch the show. Ugh, this is frustrating. Maybe they should've just given us our LoVe ending and no more seasons.

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m trying to avoid the thread now that the new season is out, but this plot with the guy blackmailing his girlfriend and about to join the navy suuuuuuuuucks.

stayillogical and Maybevictor like this.
  23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Just finished and I am equal parts heated and shell shocked.

I really liked the whole season until the last 10 minutes, but there were still some really bad character decisions and usage. The way Veronica treated weevil was totally out of character literally the entire time. Wallace was mostly an Easter egg who popped up from time to time (continuing one of the things few things I don’t love about S3), and dick was more one-trick than usual and dropped altogether after the bomb at quacks.

I did like how they used Leo and Cliff, and I thought Clyde and Penn were great new characters. Matty was solid but i felt like her similarity to Veronica was a little overkill. They should have shown shades of it instead of constantly pointing it out in blatantly obvious ways.

All in all it was really well made but the ending will leave a sour taste. Logan was the best, most interesting character on the show and sacrificing him because your writer’s room can’t transition to a new style smoothly is dumb

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Also what’s up with Veronica shitting on Logan for getting therapy and saying that vintage Logan Echols who gets randomly violent is what she wants when she spent so long trying to reform him.

Besides the one liners and the taser, doesn’t feel like the same Veronica at all.