Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Veronica Mars TV Show • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. :-|

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's what I'm talking about re:Weevil it just feels so pointless to me. Like I get what happened in the book and whatnot but why make him go back to that place

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. trevorshmevor Aug 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2020)
    Yeah it feels really counterintuitive, even considering what happened in the book. He takes the case settlement so he can live a happy life with his family and then just stays in the PCH anyway? Makes no sense. Normally I’d assume more context is on the way, but I get the vibe that’s not the case here haha

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. I can’t tell if this is “I don’t agree” Jason face or if this is “just keep watching, it gets worse” Jason face

anonimito likes this.
  5. That one. Heh. I’m still angry about it.

6. Indigo

Trusted

I enjoyed season 4 a ton. But...

irthesteve and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this thread is stuck in a loop about the same thing, so I'll just quote myself again

kbeef2 and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Yeah you've pretty much seen all there is to it. Like I understood it for the book and creating story for it but just the way it all turned out was extremely disappointing to say the least and really rubs me the wrong way. We get to see a reformed Weevil for 1/2 of a movie!! :(

9. Colby Searcy

Did you actually like the ending though??

10. irthesteve

I mean, no, I guess? But it really didn't bother me or like... "tarnish" everything else I had watched that season. I got over it almost immediately.

kbeef2 likes this.
  11. It's ok to let people be angry over something they really cared about. It will not impact you to just let it go, I promise.

awakeohsleeper and phaynes12 like this.
  12. irthesteve

would love to see where I'm not letting anyone be angry, but sure go off

13. Colby Searcy

Fair enough, I still definitely think about it sometimes but I can understand your sentiment too

14. irthesteve

At this point I don't expect anyone's art (tv, movie, music) to always feed to me specifically and if there's something I don't like, I'm pretty good at looking past the one thing I don't like and focusing on the rest.

This show has given me 3 great seasons, a fine enough movie, and a nice revival season with a questionable ending. I'll still overall satisfied. It's not Arrested Development level where it's fed me entire seasons of shit, ya know? haha

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Damn I just got angry again.

I think the way Rob talked about it is the reason people stayed angry.

I agree that the season was enjoyable but it’s just hard to separate it from that. Plus there’s a good chance this is the last bit of Veronica Mars we get on screen so it’s just a sour note to end on.

anonimito and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Colby Searcy

17. Was hoping to get through them all last night, but my girlfriend wasn’t really up for that much TV time. We watched episode 6 though! Hoping we can get through the last two tonight — after all the discourse on this page, I’m desperate to read what people were saying when it actually aired hahah. It’s also very hard to have worked my way through this whole series and now be in its final season and not conjure up my own theories over why it’s so controversial. Up until now I’ve assumed it had to do with an unsolved mystery, but I’m now expecting a major plot development with no follow up. Some stuff happened in episode 6 that I feel backs my theory.

Basically, I think someone will die. Or at least have an unresolved “did they or didn’t they” death scene. Jury’s out on whether it’s Keith or Logan, but the latter has a lot riding against him at the moment

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. trevorshmevor Aug 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2020)
    Welp. That happened. I can’t say I’m *super* upset because let’s be honest, I didn’t have a 15 year relationship with Logan. I’ve also thought he and Veronica were toxic together for most of the show, and seeing them get married was slightly unnerving to me lol. But I can 100% understand why that’d piss any devoted VM fan off — and if this season was meant to just be a one off reunion type of deal instead of a multi-season reboot, then it’s downright fucked up of Rob Thomas to end things that way

That all said, I actually really enjoyed this season otherwise. I missed Wallace, Mac, and Dick, but understand that this wasn’t a 20 episode season with literal hours of plot to fill haha. The mystery had me guessing until the last second. Love Oswald and all but man he’s just a little too good at playing fully punchable characters

EASheartsVinyl and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I just saw S4 for the first time last week as I finally found a way to watch it in the uk (I also did s1-3+film run through before hand too). After reading this thread I was expecting something like that to happen.

I think what makes it so bad for me is that they had perfectly set up an ending for this if it’s going to be the final season and then the last 5 mins happen. Either way I generally loved season 4 and I love the whole series so much that the ending doesn’t sour it too much for me.

Also I’ve enjoyed seeing Trevor’s takes in here as they’ve generally coincided with my re-watch of the older seasons haha.

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

I got my little brother to watch and now he's obsessed and I felt like such a proud big Brother haha

21. Colby Searcy

Sorry if it was spoiled for you! I'm very glad that you enjoyed it overall. Talking about it had really made me want to do a rewatch of S3-4.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Woke up to 19 notifications and wondered what I said that could have caused that, lol. Rereading all the posts from my watch last year was fun, although they did remind me of some of the aspects I disliked as well as my favorite moments.

Colby Searcy and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. Nah, it was just a good guess! Only so many things could make people that upset, knew it had to be something drastic haha. Suppose I could’ve avoided reading more of the posts in here than I did, but that’s my bad if anyone’s. At least beyond not being 100% sure about my theory in general, I was also going back and forth between whether it’d be Logan or Keith. That was plenty to keep me on my toes!

But yeah, I’m glad I finally dove into this show. It’s been one that I’ve heard mentioned here and there since high school, but just never felt like giving it a chance. It was a lot darker than I ever expected, but the interpersonal relationships and dialogue gave it this really intimate feeling that I can see myself longing for/wanting to return to in the future.

MrAirplane and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Yeah @Jason Tate’s sister had probably my favorite takeaway where it’s like... this isn’t a show that’s gonna be a grabbing a ton of new fans just because it had a revival season. Why not just land the plane for the diehards when you know they’re then gonna be the core of the audience anyway? Pulling out the rug at the last second, especially when there was never a guarantee RT was gonna get the go ahead from Hulu to make the show he wanted to make, is just kind of a cruel and unnecessary move.

Also v glad you enjoyed my incredibly long and rambling thoughts along the way, hahah. Continuously bumping a mostly dead thread to give hot takes on a 15 year old show has been a strange experience

25. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah -- the ending is incredibly insulting.