Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Veronica Mars TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Not at all! Veronica Mars is my favorite show of all time so I love when people experience it for the first time!

I totally understand what you mean(like the class president episode for example with Wanda). Makes you realize than alot of times the 22-25 episode per season format doesn't always work the best and there can be alot of filler for sure. Really glad you enjoyed S1. Feel free to update the thread as you go along, I rewatch this every few years and love hearing what people pick up on that maybe I didn't.

Maybevictor and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Guess it’s time for a rewatch. Love it when this thread gets bumped.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This show and “Chuck” are my two favorite shows I always knew existed but never watched until this past year.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. My wife and I have been watching this recently and loving it, besides the first half of season two, which felt a bit too soap opera-ish for our tastes. We're a few episodes from the end of season three now.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

How do y'all like S3?

6. I think it's great. I really like all the new characters, and splitting the season into two main arcs/mysteries makes it feel a lot more streamlined than the previous seasons. Also, I know these actors are all playing 5-10 years younger than their actual ages, and that's far less distracting in a college setting than it is in the high school years.

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I've really blocked out season 4, haha. Like, more so than I think with any show I've ever watched.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Season 4 was totally fine, it's crazy to me how extremely heated people get over it.

kbeef2 and MrAirplane like this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoyed season 4, except the ending. That bothered me afterwards for awhile and I was incredibly annoyed with the way some of the cast tried to back it all up during interviews haha.

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think it's a good season ruined by a shitty ending. And by the subsequent interviews that showed me Rob Thomas did not understand the appeal of his own show.

Zilla, Colby Searcy and anonimito like this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was so angry on the thread’s behalf when I got to the ending and read those interviews. I never had any personal nostalgia but I totally got why it was upsetting. I still would love to see more content that’s just Veronica and Keith investigating and being adorable.

12. Colby Searcy

For sure! The splitting up of the mysteries definitely helped. That was part of the reason Rob made them college students to begin with, didn’t want them stuck in high school when they were well beyond that age range.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

I was disappointed in most of S4 overall besides just the ending. The secondary and tertiary characters just seemed shoehorned in for fanservice, which I get to an extent but they just didn’t do much. The story itself was pretty meh too. I definitely want to rewatch S4 at some point though and I’d love for a S5 or something else after S4 but doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen. Really loved the idea Rob had for the continuation.

14. Especially if there's never a season 5, the ending of season 4 will be the biggest mistake a loved tv show has ever had and it absolutely should never have returned.

DrAlanGrant and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Damn now I’m heated again. As far as I’m concerned the second book is where it ends.

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Watched the rest of the show this week. I thought season 3 ended really strong, and I loved the movie. Can’t imagine how great it must have felt to get that after years of waiting. Like pretty much everyone else, I hated the end of four, and even moreso after reading the interviews. I wasn’t much of a Logan fan during the original run, but I thought his development in the movie and throughout season four was really great.

17. Colby Searcy

18. trevorshmevor Jul 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2020)
    yeeeeeee I can’t remember exactly what episode we’re on but I think it’s around the halfway point of season 2! Already the main criticism I had about the show feels flushed away with this season, even the smaller plots are finding ways to tie into the bigger arc. I think where we left off, PCH has been confirmed to be working with that Irish gang, Logan has what I assume will turn out to be a Chekhov’s gun, and Duncan is feeling remorse over leaving Meg for Veronica. And Wallace is still essentially MIA

also this theme song officially bangs and it constantly stuck in my head lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

You're in for a hell of a treat! I'm curious what you mean about Logan?

20. whoops typo! meant Chekhov’s gun haha. The dramatic principle that states if a gun is introduced in a story, it must go off

we wound up watching a couple last night and then just finished one while eating lunch! so now the most recent I’ve seen was the epic Duncan-escapes-with-baby episode. Have some questions about the logistics of the tape recorder at Big Bear but my sane half says I probably just shouldn’t think about it so hard hahah

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. also is there literally anything Ken Marino has not absolutely crushed it in? dude never fails to be the funniest person in the room

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. trevorshmevor Jul 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 16, 2020)
    Finished s2 last night. Lot of thoughts incoming, sorry for the long post about a season that ended like 14 years ago but I still gotta have takes!! Putting in a quote box so this doesn’t take up more space than it needs to, tried to keep it short but that just ain’t me

Anyway, onto season three! I know that seemed like more complaint than praise, but it’s a lot harder for me to condense one of those things than it is the other, haha. I really do like this show. Gonna order the books this week too!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

"My name is Cassidy!"

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Ain’t No Magic Mountain still holds up well as one of the top episodes. It’s such a shame that Hannah ends up being a casualty in the Logan / Veronica story, I really like her.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Definitely one of my favorites