Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Veronica Mars TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

A long time ago
    We used to be friends

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oof, season three is real bad so far.

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Circling back to the worst boyfriend thing, Leo is definitely a good dude IMO

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So is Piz

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Piz is good on Glow also

Maybevictor and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Guess I gotta watch glow now.

bodkins and irthesteve like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s fair, but the fact that they dated while she was still in high school and he was a full on cop was super gross and leaves a bad taste for me. Personality wise he’s definitely been the best.

Guess I know she dates Piz now, lol. He’s been almost as bland as Duncan, although he’s a better actor at least.

The only thing I’ve liked this season is Laura San Giacomo and I want her to stay forever. The whole, “Gee, aren’t feminists just as awful as rapists in their own way?” story is almost unwatchable, and the fact that this is the entire mystery for the season is disappointing. I didn’t think season two was nearly as compelling as one, but at least it had something complicated to unravel.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

S3 has 2 mysteries, each 1/2 season basically

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Did they ever say why they changed up the format? Spending soooo much time on this is such a different feel.

And did they just give up on Parker having a wig or am I missing something?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

My understanding is they changed up the format to not have a full season long mystery to try to help ratings. It was also when the channel changed to The CW(from UPN) so that may also have something to do with it.

Lol I was thinking about that the other day! I haven't watched S3 in several years so I don't remember that well but I think they just forget about it

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Now I understand that super pointed CW joke.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They were pretty much doing anything the network wanted them to by the end. They drop the serialized mystery element completely towards the end and tried to pitch season 4 as an FBI procedural

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow that really sucks.

15. Colby Searcy

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Walton Goggins would have been her boss tho, so it’s not all bad

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I meant about dropping the serialized aspect, but yeah that sounds pretty crazy.

18. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm almost done with Season 2 and I still think that Logan is an entitled racist piece of shit but people seem to love him. Who knows. This is such an uneven show with the shakiest of morals. Veronica outed someone is Season 1 then on season 2 she's like "oh I'd never out someone." Who knows what you'd do Veronica you seem to have no moral compass whatsoever!

I just don't get why people love it so much so far.

19. Colby Searcy

To me, I find the show and most of it's long term characters incredibly complex and complicated. None of them are really 100% black and white in their decision making when you look at them across the full 3 seasons (season 4 had so little screentime and character development for just so I don't really count it). I find their moral compass ever evolving(especially Veronica) like a actual human being, and for that it's relatable.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t stand Logan either. Had no idea he was a beloved character to so many people. I also feel the same way about the show going back and forth about their handling of a lot of issues. The first season seemed to have a much better grip and has aged a lot better as a first time watcher.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

just ran through the series for the first time. like s1 and s3 a ton but disliked s2 a good amount. the movie was fun. excited to start s4.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. phaynes12

been watching for like 10 minutes and it's weird that dick's dad has already had more screentime than he had in s1-s3 and the movie combined, no?

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Rob decided to make him a main character for S4

24. Colby Searcy

What didn't you like about S2?

25. phaynes12

the overarching beaver storyline/bus storyline was just less interesting to me than what happened to lily and the dean/campus rapist storylines. and the character work wasn't as good to me, imo.

Colby Searcy likes this.