Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Veronica Mars TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Last night i put on the alterna prom episode because I hate myself and got so sad.

Colby Searcy and thedrudo like this.
  2. Colby Searcy Aug 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2019)
    Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's like a top 2 episode for me

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah the whole thing is truly incredible. The mystery part of it all is really good and the alterna prom scene is perfect.

I hear the bells + Logan leaning, looking tortured and giving his epic / continents / bloodshed speech is probably my favorite moment in the series.

thedrudo and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. No one:
    Me: I'm still angry about the Veronica Mars ending.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Mood for the rest of 2019 (and beyond)

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I'm still processing the ending. I'm not mad about it (yet) but even reading the creative justification for it, I'm confused. Seems pointless at worst and needless at best.

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I think for the "twist" to work -- at least for me -- is if Logan is a causality of the bombings in the episode 4, 5, 6 range. Maybe he was intentionally targeted because of the Veronica connection and her on the hunt.

But only set up the marriage thing. Don't actually have it happen and then rip it away. That's what is the most maddening thing for me. AHHHHHHHH

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

thedrudo likes this.
  9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Currently in the middle of season 2. Episode 12 is next (Rashard and Wallace Go to White Castle.)

This is my second time around for all of these seasons. Two really hits a nice stride starting with "Ahoy, Matey's!". "Donut Run" is especially good.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I finally finished the entire show. We watched season 4 this weekend and we were both like....wtf? Logan is the wit of the show and the chemistry between him and Veronica is great, especially with their personal stories. Throughout the show I didn’t really care for him until the movie and this last season. Then BAM...they do him like that. All I could do is roll my eyes. Then last night I started watching interviews with the cast talking about it and another with Rob Thomas talking about the decision behind it all. That just made me MAD. In some interviews with the cast you can just tell they weren’t onboard with it, especially the dude who plays Weevil. It’s almost like a decision was made and they’re taking it their grave haha.

It was my first time seeing the show these past couple months and there was something about it that stuck out amongst other “mystery” shows or teen dramas. It seemed to be so much more than that. Not sure how to put it, but It’ll be interesting to see what happens next because they may have just put out the spark the show had.

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Welcome to the mad marshmallows club, we meet every time somebody posts in here and we get mad again.

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t care for Logan? Does not compute.

Colby Searcy and Maybevictor like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It was a gradual appreciation for him. Just like Veronica had. I was riding that roller coaster Then I was like I was hit by a train full of Logan love.

thedrudo likes this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I loved Logan from the beginning, but began to appreciate him even more on rewatches. His journey is really rewarding when you know where it all ends up (until the last 5 minutes of this season, that is)

I don’t know if they knew Logan would become what he became from the start, but Jason plays that gradual transformation so well. From when his mom dies on forward to the end of the second season it is such a great change that happened incrementally.

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

From what I've read it doesn't seem like Rob knew where Logan's character was gonna end up from the beginning. It was a natural progression after seeing what great chemistry him and KB had together

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Season two is kind of losing me so far.

17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

How far in are you? Second half has some great character moments. Early season two is a little uneven IMO with how they handle Wallace and Duncan

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Episode 7.

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Oh yeah you’re in the rough stretch. Episode 8 is better, and around 11 or 12 it starts picking up and goes back to being really good. If you’re invested in the character and the bigger plots I’d stick with jt

Colby Searcy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I’m going to stick with it. Honestly I’ll be fine if I don’t get super invested because then I can just watch the new season without being as worried about however it ends.

So far it really feels like there’s way too much going on and a lot of the things that made it good in the first season are being forgotten because of that. Plus I really dislike almost every new/now more important character. Veronica, Keith, and Wallace are the only ones I love at this point.

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I get that.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything about this Meg/Duncan/custody story is trash. And Logan watching the sex tapes is a BIG YIKES. Glad Wallace is back though.

Colby Searcy and Maybevictor like this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Just finished this. Fuck that ending. This season basically sucked.

thedrudo and Maybevictor like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Does Veronica ever get a boyfriend who isn’t the worst?

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

WHAT IS THIS SEASON TWO FINALE?!

trevorshmevor and Colby Searcy like this.