Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Verizon Announces New Name Brand for AOL and Yahoo: Oath

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The new digital media devision of Verizon that will include Yahoo, AOL, and The Huffington Post will be called Oath, The New York Times reports:

The brand will apply to the digital media division of Verizon after it buys Yahoo’s internet assets for $4.48 billion, a deal that is expected to close by the end of June. But do not count the legacy brands out just yet: Yahoo, AOL and The Huffington Post will continue to exist and operate with their own names — under the Oath umbrella.

Sort of a who’s who of internet companies from two decades ago. Maybe they should buy MySpace too?

2. Sounds like a blood oath.

3. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

What about Purevolume and Livejournal?

coleslawed and bptky like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

so I guess things will be taking place
    Underoath

[​IMG]

5. Loki

God of mischief

I'd love a Myspace comeback... everything becomes cool again eventually, right??

As a member of the AIM generation, it is nice to see some sliver of AOL still around I suppose.

6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

(maybe they should buy Twitter)

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Had no idea Verizon owned Huffington Post

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

that seems, to me, to be a terrible name.

9. Schooner

Trusted

Fucken Oath!!!

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

AOL bough HuffPo, then Verizon bought AOL

11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

First step: update the terrible update to the Yahoo Fantasy Sports app (I'm still not over it)