Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 99

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Same it’s freaking me the fuck out. Just because it’s warm out doesn’t mean it’s safe!!

mad likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

now that masks have basically become recommended it has turned into no one wearing them and me constantly panicking when out in public.

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  3. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

i wish that i could die in my sleep tonight. i'm tired of everything getting worse and worse and worse.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I feel you boo

5. Jams

Trusted

No one in my family is taking the pandemic seriously at all and it's pissing me off. First my aunt, uncle and cousin got on an airplane and flew to Florida (why?????). They immediately went to my grandma's house and were hugging her. Thankfully they got tested and were negative. But now they are going everywhere, going out to eat in restaurants, going to museums. They don't care. They think it's "just the flu" and I swear if they say that to me one more time I might lose my shit. I work in the fucking medical field. They do not. I think I know FROM MY FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE that this is serious. Weird that in the almost 10 years I've been doing this job I've never had a healthy 20-something need to be put on a ventilator for a month and almost die from the flu yet I've had this happen MULTIPLE TIMES with COVID. So how the fuck is it "just the flu"?????????? Then my step mom who I already despise refuses to wear a mask. Thinks the whole thing is a hoax. Thinks doctors are putting older patients on ventilators so they will die bc they don't care about old people. Thinks they are just saying people have COVID when they don't to collect money. All of which is beyond fucking insane and yet again when I say hey I work in the medical field and that's literally bullshit she still believes it all. Now my mom is going all over and decided it's a great time to go back to church!! Like why??? She got so mad at me bc I wouldn't let her in my apartment. She literally told her mom do not go back to church it's not safe and then proceeds to go herself???? She's like well my mom has diabetes so she needs to be careful!! Ok but you have a fucking pacemaker and take care of a young man who is disabled and will literally DIE if he gets this. Then she got pissed bc I was "guilt tripping" her. Like yeah you bet I am. You're being selfish as fuck rn. And I have to constantly go over to my grandma's to help her bc her health is not great rn and almost every time I go over one of my family members is there. So who even knows what I've been exposed to and more importantly what my grandma has been exposed to. I'm so fucking upset with everyone right now. I'm in a constant state of anxiety bc of these people. If anything happens to my grandma bc of their stupidity I straight up will never forgive them.

omgrawr and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My brother in law's brother, who I'm pretty sure is one of those maga "you can't tell me to wear a mask" people just tested positive for Covid and half of me is like"well good hopefully his family starts taking it seriously then??" But the other half of me is annoyed and frustrated cause I am supposed to come down and see my sister and nephew for the 4th of July weekend and now she's understandably wary about it so now idk if I'll get to see them. Because some ppl are dumb and won't be protective.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I apologize ahead of time for this. Just need to get it off my chest. I've been fired up about it since last night.

I've been pretty luck with a lot of people in my life being liberal or at the very least level headed/liberal leaning and not buying into the maga, right wing media, or alt right bullshit but it finally happened last night for the first time. Had to end my friendship with one of my best friends from college last night (He is rich and white). It really hurts that some one I've respected and loved has gone down this path but man I just cant tolerate the willful ignorance and outright hateful viewpoints people like him hold. Dude went full on 4chan troll defending alt right orgs ie proudboys (calling them law abiding citizen, miss me with that fucking garbage) and calling antifa terrorists. Crazy thing is another one of our friends is a Venezuelan immigrant who came to the US for education and is strongly outspoken about his political views and how our current government and ICE harm people in situations like his. So its just weird to me he'd be like this with so many outspoken people in his life.... Basically you're either with or against the movement for change. There is no middle ground. Theres just no way at this point that I can give a pass to anyone in my life for any bullshit like that. Luckily I have a few other friends who've defended me in my decision and are actually going to follow suit and cut him off. It sucks losing friends in general, but I'm also not upset losing racist/bigots and people who are willfully ignorant to the reality we're living in.

TLDR: Ended a friendship due to bigotry/racism/ignorance

omgrawr, St. Nate, RyanPm40 and 5 others like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I wish I lived alone again. And I feel like a jerk cause my rm isn't really doing anything wrong or obnoxious at all. I'm just a super introvert. Like in the mornings I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to get up in silence and be miserable without anyone telling me good morning or saying anything. I miss basically having an entire apartment to myself and dictating everything. I pay less rent now which is cool but like...... I miss being on my own. I feel like I'm just meant to be a lone wolf!

9. Raku

Regular

Don't know if this is the right place, but I need to toss this out there...

Screw PETA for hijacking a trend/meme on Twitter just to post some disturbing image online. I really regret seeing that image and hate the fact they shared it in the first place. Just seemed like a totally tone-deaf move on their part.

Also if you haven't seen the picture then please, I beg you; DON'T LOOK IT UP. It is absolutely vile what PETA was allowed to share on Twitter during the whole #ThisIsNotACake thing.

10. Jdaniels

Regular

I wont hash it all out. But since February I've been kicked out of wifes house and verge of divorce. I moved into an apartment, and I'm nervous about recording music in it. I know no big deal if they come tell me to stop just stop. But why put it out there?

I'm dog sitting for my parents yday today and tomorrow. They come back tomorrow afternoon. They have no neighbors. I can record all ive written in the psst few months.
    I've been working a lot.
    So I plan for tonight. Get sunday off work, bought good smoke and some other party favors...

And I just spent 4 hrs on one song and didnt keep any of it.

I will record something before I sleep dang it.

11. Jason

Regular

Good for you.
    I've found that a lot of people who hold a "higher" status in life are friends with people with a "lower" status because it makes them feel good about themselves. By status I mean rich/middle class/poor.
    If they constantly surround themselves with people at the same socioeconomic level as them, they can't really stand out; they're no better than the person next to them.
    I don't know what race you are, but a few rich white people like to become "friends" with minorities because it gives them someone to look down upon; makes them feel better about themselves.

12. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

My neighbors recently made fun of me for being scared of Covid-19. Today my parents are going to a BBQ at their house...

waking season and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. Pearl Vixen

Metal Goddess 8-]]

I am deeply frustrated today because I woke up at 2:30 this morning with a migraine and I can't seem to get rid of it...

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Sorry to hear :( my fiance has been having nonstop migraines all weekend and nothing was working. She's feeling better today, but apparently still feeling a lot of pressure. Wondering if allergies could somehow trigger it?

15. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

My wife is pregnant, due August 23rd (so pretty much any day now!). Her mom has gotten maga brainwashed by her stepdad and pretty much doesn't believe in Covid. We have decided that nobody will be allowed to see our baby unless they strictly quarantine 2 weeks ahead of time. My wife's mom not only won't do this but is clearly offended that we've made this rule. Personally, I don't care at all about seeing her mom or step-dad because of their dumbass political beliefs. I feel really bad for my wife though because of course she wanted her mom to be able to see the baby, or care enough about seeing the baby to quarantine herself, or AT THE VERY LEAST not be aggressively upset when being told about our restriction. She is already pregnant and dealing with all of the difficulty that comes with that and she has to deal with her mom being a huge idiot on top of that.

16. Jams

Trusted

Earlier this year I had some animal living in the attic above my bedroom. It took literally months for my landlord to finally get whatever it was out. And apparently they didn’t seal up wherever it came in at because it’s back! Can’t wait to spend the next however many months getting no fucking sleep bc it’s up all night running around. I already have serious sleep issues plus I start work at 5 a.m. I really don’t need this shit.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

I feel like I'm losing my mind. My roommate's girlfriend stayed over for the last 13 consecutive days and just left today. Earlier my roommate pulled me aside and told me I was making her uncomfortable walking around in my boxers. I did not interact with her once the entire time she was here and the only times I'd been outside my room with no shirt on, let alone in my boxers, are taking the two steps from the base of the stairs into the bathroom to take a shower or to duck into the kitchen for 3 seconds to grab a snack. She doesn't even live here! Am I out of line?

waking season likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

I don't think it's a very big deal, they're basically just short shorts. I wouldn't care if someone else did that around me, but for me personally, I wouldn't want someone to see me in my boxers if I'm not already close with them.

waking season likes this.
  19. Carmen SD

Trusted

IMO your rm is low key out of line. She doesn’t live there. And he expects you don’t not be in boxers for 13 days? Perhaps tell your rm that if she’s going to stay that long she’s needs to pitch in for bills, rent etc or he needs to pay more for her. Not sure how you guys do things

atlas and Raku like this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Anyone used those texting apps where you choose a number that’s different from your actual number? Which one is best to use?

21. RyanPm40

I haven't tried any, but Google Voice seems to do it with calls and texts, but it only works on 1:1 texts; not group messaging because those often tend to be marked as spam from other phones

Raku likes this.
  22. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Never had any issues with Talkatone. You can change your number whenever, texts and calls always went through when I used it.

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have to update my iOS in order to use it. Bummer. I may have to update

24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I hate that shit, like how is she going to be uncomfortable and complain when she’s overstaying her welcome in someone else’s home. My old roommate would have his girlfriend over for weeks at a time and it was uncomfortable- especially cuz I’d get kicked out all the time. And then he had the audacity to get mad when I had some girls in the room cuz she had to sleep on the couch (which she didn’t and could have come up).

Raku likes this.
  25. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I fucking hate my life.