Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 98

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Jesus christ. I live 10 mins or so from the beach and havent gone in 2+ years hahaha

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

EmmanuelSCastle and jorbjorb like this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah there are at least 5 beaches within 20 min of me (yayyy living on a peninsula! Lol) and I haven’t been to the beach in like 3 or 4 years lmao

definitely want to change that before I move tho.

4. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

the goddamn ny department of labor website :redanger:

5. Jams

Trusted

Pretty sure the post office completely fucked up my mail. I just moved like 3 months ago. About a month ago my mom moved into the same apartment complex as me but a different apartment. Around the same time I had to temporarily move in with my grandma to care for her after surgery so I asked my mom to please check my mail for me. I get basically all junk and bills and all my bills are autopay so I told her to just let me know if I get anything important. Well I had a package coming and I never got a tracking email for it but it was taking awhile so I went into the website to check on it. They returned it to sender bc they said my apartment is vacant. I ask my mom if she knows anything and she just now tells me I have gotten zero mail for over a month. Like wtf???? uhhhh where is all my mail from the last month???? My mom still owns the home she and I used to live in and said there’s been no mail there either. As if I’m not stressed out enough with everything going on!!! I hope I didn’t get anything important but I was supposed to get something from the BMV and never did and maybe this is fucking why!

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Fucking wild how my 30 year old fiancé continually decides that nights I have to get up at 2:30am to go to work are the nights he should be in discord yelling and gaming all night! So cool and definitely feels great going to work during a pandemic on one hour of sleep!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. Renee

Constant lack of communication within my family. I am the only offspring, out of 3, that consistently tries to make time for my dad and stepmom (before distancing I'd have dinner once a week with them.) Yet, whenever there is any family event or even a simple dinner, I am always last to know...if they even tell me at all. And I usually find out about these gatherings by a text pointing out how rude it is that I don't confirm if I'm coming. Every. Fucking. Time.

8. Jams

Trusted

My mom works in home healthcare. One of the families basically put her fucking life in danger by allowing someone exposed to the virus into their home while my mom was there. She got extremely upset naturally and said to them this was unacceptable and they got so pissed at her and now she's afraid they're going to fire her. I am fucking FURIOUS. My mom is in her 60s and has heart issues. And these same fucking people made her give up her other client bc they said they didn't want her being around other people and potentially bringing the virus over there and yet they allow a family member who has come into contact with multiple people who confirmed have the virus into their home?????? Fucking bullshit. And my mom's coworker who is supposed to be there after my mom's shift has a daughter who is disabled and is immunocompromised. My mom called her coworker and told her bc the family wasn't going to tell her!!!!! So they were going to put her and her family at risk also. I am so upset rn. And my mom is freaking out bc she's now terrified she's going to get sick but also that she'll lose her job. These fucking people!!! They're saying it's just a risk with her job. Bull fucking shit. That doesn't give you a fucking excuse to knowingly allow someone who might have the virus into the house. I'm sick. I'm so fucking mad and upset by this.

Vase Full Of Rocks and tyramail like this.
  9. shea

RIP Supporter

Epitome of first world problems, I know, but god damn it’s annoying when you have tracking info on a package for like 9 days and on the day it’s supposed to be delivered it changes to the following day.

I’ve unfortunately been working throughout the quarantine and since our governor is a walking pile of garbage my wife goes back to work tomorrow now too, so now no one will be home to sign for my delivery and I have to have it redirected to a FedEx center like 30 miles away.

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I just went to the grocery store for the first time in a month and the majority of people were smart, wore masks, and kept their distance. There was one lady probably in her 60s who actively went against the direction arrows for the aisles and had a mask but it was AROUND HER NECK. People are fucking assholes and are going to keep getting people killed. At least I’m stocked up again for another month and won’t have to brave the store for a while.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ya I went to Star Market last week and no one was following the one way signs, it was infuriating

waking season likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had trouble with the one way signs at first just cause I'm not used to them and kept forgetting. Now I love them and want them to stay. No awkwardly running into someone with the cart when you enter the aisle?? Sign me up

13. Renee

:redanger:NY and its thrill of banning vapor products. Just trying to continue not smoking cigarettes and it's getting really difficult again.

14. Jams

Trusted

My mom moved into the same apartment building as me. Most of the time she's been here I was caring for my grandma. I've only been back in my apartment a few days and my mom is already driving me completely nuts. This is my first time finally living completely on my own and I was excited about it but it doesn't feel like I'm by myself at all now bc she will not leave me alone. Everyone told her it was kinda weird to live here and she should give me space but nope. Like her balcony overlooks the driveway and she'll see me pull in and come right over to my apartment or call me "I see you're home!!!" Or she'll see me going for a walk and hurry up and catch up to me so she can walk with me. I even told her she's not supposed to be around me right now with the virus and I don't want to be mean but I'm still going to my grandma's house so I don't want to be around ANYONE bc I'm so scared I'm going to bring something to my grandma. She insists it's fine bc she "doesn't feel sick." When I try and talk to her about how I'm feeling, she gets really upset and tries to guilt trip me about how she's all alone and has no one. And I feel bad but at the same time, that's not my fault and I shouldn't have to constantly entertain her. I also have no other options to live bc my budget is very small. She could live basically in any other apartment bc her budget is much bigger than mine, but nope. She goes and picks this one.

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

yiiikkeeesss

waking season and Jams like this.
  16. Kiana

Omg. This is awful.

Mr. Serotonin, waking season and Jams like this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Pollen can get absolutely fucked

18. Jams

Trusted

I had a terrible day at work so I thought I'd go for a walk to clear my head. Got attacked by a dog.....Thankfully it was a smaller dog and I had pants on and not shorts like I was thinking of wearing but it still bit me hard enough to break skin and I have scratches and welts all over and basically my whole shin is bruised really bad. I love dogs so much but if you have a mean dog like that, do not let it out without a leash!!! And the owner saw her dog attacking me and just stood there and was just watching. I had to be like come get your dog!!!!! It's biting me!!!! Before she would even slowlyyyyyyyy walk over. I have the worst luck I swear.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I work with this lady that will mostly refuse to help you, yet she gets mad when you refuse to help her. I have the busiest hall and I asked her to help me transfer some people, and she said nope nope nope. Yet she has the easy hall this week. I don't leave people unchanged liked she does and makes the next shift deal with it. This same lady tells me not do peoples shower because "it takes me" or "it's difficult" and some other bs excuse. I straight up tell her no, I need to do it, and I'm going to. She'll tell me what to do in a way that I can't really explain. Several people don't like working with her because she does a lot of things that piss a lot of people off. She also told me not to give someone fluids because it "makes them pee", to which I straight up said to her, they need the fluids and she wasn't the one changing them. She's literally trying to dehydrate people.

Can't wait to get back to my other job soon.

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I could hibernate May-August

21. Jams

Trusted

My dad and I aren't exactly close but he keeps telling me if I need help with something to call him. So against my better judgement I asked if he could help me with my car. My dad is like the handiest person you can meet. He can fix cars, he knows plumbing, electrical. He built a whole addition on our house growing up by himself even. So I asked if he could do a simple fix on my car that would take 15 mins and cost me only $5 compared to over $100 if I have to bring it in to the shop. I told him I'd bring the car to his house and buy the stuff. He won't do it. He came up with all these excuses like well it might not even be that! Well why not try the cheapest fix first?? Then if that doesn't work I'll bring it into the shop bc something more serious is wrong. But nope, won't even try it. He is so beyond frustrating and you would think I'd be so used to him disappointing me I wouldn't get upset anymore, but here I am. Can't even take 15 mins of his time to help me out. This is why I just do everything myself. My family constantly gets on me bc I never ask for help but when I need them, they never help out so why even bother? Yet of course I'm the first person every single one of them calls when they need help with something.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

My love life is frustrating, my roommates are grown men who can't keep an apartment clean, and one of my closest childhood friends has stage-four colon cancer. Feeling not great

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I have done curbside pickup from Dicks Sporting Goods and Michaels and I have some things to say about how one company crushes it and the other sucks.

Dicks. Website on your phone very smooth. Easy to see what they have in stock or search other stores in area. Easy checkout. Its ready pretty much instantly, so if you order and get in your car, should be ready when you get there. You can call the number or use the email they sent you and simply click that you've arrived. Theres a few spots right in front of door and they came out very fast and hand it through your window. Excellent.

Michael's. Finding what's a available much more difficult. I was gonna buy something that said was available and when I go to checkout, its not available in any store. Then you order. I waited 2 hours before I left and when I got their I called and they said my order wasnt ready yet. Are they making me dinner? I dont get it. You see someone ordered some picture frames, then you go get those frames, put them in a bag, and wait for customer to come. But they said there are orders before me? Hah wait is there like a hundred orders at Michael's today. People running around not able to keep up in my suburb of northern New Jersey? I ask if its gonna be a few minutes and few hours and they say "you have to wait until you get an email". Huh? And then finally I get the email. I show up. They need my full name and order number. You cant park in front. And then you have to pop your trunk and they put it in....and then you have to close your trunk!? It was pouring.

I dont get it. Stupid Michaels.

24. Kiana

Sleeping is hard. Lately I've been sleeping with my window open cause my room gets hot and stuffy but there are neighbors who have been sitting on the front porch of the building and smoking and talking late into the night. They're not rly doing anything wrong. They're not like excessively loud or obnoxious most of the time, it's just that my window is close by so I can hear everything and then the smoke blows in my window. I wish I could sleep better with headphones in. Never feels comfortable enough

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’ve been seeing a looot of people acting as if everything is normal again just because some restrictions have been lifted. people having cottage weekends with like 10+ friends, it makes me want to scream. the pandemic is very much still happening!!!

K0ta, Joe4th and waking season like this.