Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 97

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

he said 12 bars. not sure if that's true cuz that's a fucking shit ton but he was gone.

2. ReginaPhilange Feb 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2020)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

iI've only done half a xanax once for alcohol withdrawals once and it knocked me out. hated it. hard to imagine he'd be alive after 12 but if I had to guess maybe like 4 or 5. I mostly think he had shot up and maybe did a lil speed cuz most people at that point just fall asleep.

couple of my friends i haven't seen in a while left cuz of him. my friend was so upset he wanted to punch him but I told him it's not even worth it cuz he was so gone he wouldn't even remember or know what happened. we literally had to yell at him 20 times to stay seated because he kept getting up and stumbling over shit and was gonna hurt himself. he was mumbling directions to his house while seated, he thought he was in a car. lost his fucking mind.

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

triple post but fuck he annoyed me. he sold my girlfriend a xanax and tried giving it to me for a cheaper price since "i could hold onto it". which I had a lot of issues with. like fuck xanax and also don't sell my girlfriend stupid drugs.

4. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Ah man, that sucks. I've been on a restricted dosage for a few years (ten 1 mg pills each month) for fear of addiction and I'm almost certain my memory has gotten worse, but not that much worse. Had better luck than that person though, fuck I'm glad I never got too deep into using them.

Jacob and summertimejesus like this.
  5. Driving2theBusStation Feb 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2020)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Yeah dude, show. that. guy. the. door. and MAYBE only open it again years later if he's a completely rehabilitated person, is what i would say based on those four posts. Hopefully he got/will get some some help at a rehab clinic soon.

6. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

he's in an out patient program. not working for him. I'm gonna hate to see him get hurt or killed, he's not a bad person.

Driving2theBusStation likes this.
  7. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

What you were said in previous posts reminded me of someone I knew and how the situation with them was resolved, but what's happening with you and your friend might be more complicated. Sucks that the outpatient program isn't helping, hope they can find the help they need.

Jacob likes this.
  8. Jams

Trusted

Welp this apartment is cursed lmao There is some kind of animal living in the attic above my bedroom and when I was taking a bath last night it sounded like there was a bird in the shower wall????? I'm freaked out bc I'm terrified of birds and I'm scared it's gonna get in the apartment somehow. I hope maintenance can help me bc idk who else to call.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Jams

Trusted

Welp I called maintenance yesterday but have no idea when they will be able to come over and look in the attic. I heard something again last night and this morning I heard something in the bathroom wall again AND in the kitchen wall. Like there is something just thrashing around in the bathroom wall. I think it's stuck and can't get out but ugh it's gonna STINK if it dies in there. Pretty sure its mice or rats which is freaking me out. After work I'm going to my grandma's and staying with her until maintenance comes out bc I'm honestly terrified. I will probably pass out if I just see a rat somewhere ughh What a way to be welcomed into my first apartment lol

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It's like a rite of passage to have rodents in your first place I think! Shared with 4 other people in my first apartment and when we discovered mice (and evidence of rats but no sightings - just a huge hole in the wall with rat poop all around it. I blocked the hole using a frisbee lmao) all 4 of them moved out temporarily and left me there by myself.
    What I did was use steel wool (if you have that in USA? haha, IDK!) to block every hole you find - around kitchen units especially was where we had problems, they used to get into the cutlery drawer and just poop in it :verysad::crylaugh: - so at least you are doing your best to block whatever is in the walls from coming into your space. It's an awful situation but you can take precautions to at least give yourself a little peace of mind that you've blocked their points of entry. Fingers crossed maintenance will be there asap for you.

riotspray and Jams like this.
  11. Jams

Trusted

Yeah I've been going through everywhere trying to find holes but I haven't found any yet. I gotta see if I can get someone over to help me move appliances though to see if they are back there. I also don't see any signs of poop anywhere either (I went through all my cupboards in the kitchen this morning just in case) so I don't think they are actually in my apartment yet (fingers crossed). That's why I'm hoping maintenance comes out ASAP so hopefully they can get them out before they make their way into my apartment. Mice just really freak me out tbh! Also they are so damn noisy and I can't sleep!

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

My current place has the bedrooms in a loft conversion so I sleep right up in the roof, and about 18 months ago a ton of rats used to get up on the roof and run about all night (they don't follow me around I swear lol), drove me absolutely insane! The roof sloped down right above where my bed was, about 3ft away from where they'd run up and down so I had to get earplugs to drown them out - But they did go away after a while so potentially whatever is in your wall could do the same.

Jams likes this.
  13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

girlfriend invited her friend over to just loudly talk about people I don't know so I'm just like "cooooooool".

to be fair I'm already in a terrible mood and this is already a pet peeve of mine.

14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ugh it's been like three hours straight. i don't care about selena gomez's Rare or your dumb old friends.

PandaBear! likes this.
  15. Jams

Trusted

Pretty sure maintenance is never going to help me out and I'm going to never get any damn sleep so that's great!! They can't tell me if anyone has been out to look in the attic yet or not. Can't tell me when anyone will be over to look. They won't call me before anyone comes bc the attic entrance isn't in my apartment so they don't need me to let them in. I want to watch them when they go up in the attic bc if they are just sticking their head up there they aren't going to see anything bc the animal is constantly in the back corner far away from the attic entrance. I feel like I need to just borrow a ladder from someone and go up there my damn self.

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

you should document everything. every time you put in a request, every response you get, their actions, your actions... not sure where you live, but most states have laws that require the landlord to take care of certain things and if they don't you can withhold rent or it could be a breach of the lease

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I was going to say. Most states have laws that you don’t have to withhold a contract if the other party is not fulfilling their part. Definitely document everything, I had to do this for an issue a couple years ago and it benefited me in the long run.

Jams likes this.
  18. Jams

Trusted

@riotspray @tyramail Thanks for the tips! I will def write everything down. I looked at my lease today, and it even says right on it that they are responsible for pest control which this would clearly be considered. It says the only time I would have to pay for it and be responsible for it is if I brought in beg bugs so they should def be taking care of it!

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Got home from work tonight to find the oven we're replacing out at the curb for garbage. The stove, broiler, and convection features still work and the new one won't be here until Sunday. No one in my family thought about having hot food for 3 days? Also, picked up my favorite soup on my way home from work, thinking I'd have a stove to heat it on. Oh, and then they left the mess underneath it for me to clean up. Sometimes I wonder how my family members managed to survive to their current ages.

I'm so hungry:redanger::verysad::verysad:

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’ve grown extremely tired of jokes/memes that target boomers especially with references to corona killing them all off
    lots of poor and disabled boomers will die!
    I find focusing on the ~generational divide~ not really helpful when it’s only certain white wealthy boomers who are to blame for things being shitty

21. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I'm so sick of my girlfriend being a fucking bummer all the time I can't stand it anymore.

22. Kids from my school/my age in general posting spring break pictures and then posting "woke" social distancing tips on their Instagram stories makes me so angry. Don't be a fucking hypocrite.

Also, I'm all for activism but we GET IT. Pretty sure if we're on the internet, we know all about it.

23. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Tired of the “Don’t tell me what to do and fuck you for trying” attitude.

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I thought people just used “white names” to insinuate that the person they’re speaking to is white
    Just another way of mocking white people. Which I’m always on board for lol

Ps not trying to invalidate your frustration with it lol vent away!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

supernovagirl, Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.