Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 94

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I called in sick Monday with a sore tooth and had to go to the dentist. It was really painful, and when I called my boss (who I get along with really well) she was cool about it, and even agreed to accompany me to the dentist to check that I was alright. I thought it was unneccessary, but sure, why not? She came along, and the dentist found an issue that needed antibiotics and advised this to me, and my boss, IN PERSON.

He didn't provide a medical certificate because I forgot to ask, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal because my boss was with me throughout the entire appointment.

I got back to work and my boss (WHO WAS FUCKING THERE) said I wasn't entitled to sick leave pay because I didn't have medical certificate and there's no proof I was unfit for work.

I'm fucking fuming.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

it's starting to get cold but I'm sooooooooo broke so I think I'm just gonna keep my apartment at 60 and wear many layers at all times. if my roommate turns the heat up fine but I'm keeping my room low and turning things down any chance I get.
    I love being poor.

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can’t stand flaky people! Asked my friend if she’s still willing to help me with something and she said yes, but then said she can only do certain days and times. In the beginning I told her that only certain days work and what days they were and she said nothing about it being an issue. Then said her roommate will help, never got back to me so i had to follow up, then said he doesn’t have transportation. Like why say he can help if he really can’t? This friend always does this bs!

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. Jams

Trusted

I need to get over my anxiety and just go on trips by myself bc every person I go on a trip with is the worst. Like why is it every time I go on a trip with someone they bring hardly any money??? and they never bring any cash so I get stuck paying for so much shit bc some places (like parking) are cash only :redanger:she was also an awful tipper so I had to double all my tips to make up for her shitty tips. And to top it all off: She's late for absolutely EVERYTHING which is my biggest pet peeve of life!!! Like we might as well have not set any times at all bc we were at least 2 hours late for all of it bc she had to set 8 fucking alarms just to wake her ass up. Never going on a trip with her ever again!

5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I’m on a roadtrip this week with my boyfriend, I made plans to meet up with my foster parents 2 weeks ago, reconfirmed plans last week, and Monday of this week and they cancelled a few hours before our arrival. I’m angry, i wanted to see them so bad.

6. Jams

Trusted

I keep going to post shit and then delete it bc it's so fucking crazy. Like I really wish I had a friend to vent to but even if I did I wouldn't bc it's about my mom and I don't want anyone judging her. But she is basically off the deep end and idk how to deal with it. My heart is honestly broken seeing her end up like this and I just want to cry constantly. Fuck these "psychics" she calls friends for preying on her vulnerability and brainwashing her and enabling all this.

7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I don't fucking understand people. my friend's brother is super nice in person, really shy, and then he shares shit on facebook that shits on people who couldn't read well with a post "I loved reading to illiterates in high school" or some bs like that. wtf dude... I've had enough this week i'm sad.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The new testament actually serviced an insane level of human of develppment but it'll be ignored because the church is bastardizeded

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

No longer in school and still having nightmares about homework uggh. Had a dream I wrote a paper and forgot to do the citations smh

summertimejesus and Ken like this.
  10. Jams

Trusted

My poor dog is very sick which is obviously not her fault but omgggg y'all. Woke up this morning and there was shit everywhereeeeeeee. My one rug is completely ruined but thankfully she didn't poop on the big pretty rug and just on the little rug by the front door. I was late to work bc I had to scrub the kitchen floor, the dining room floor AND the living room floor. And she was supposed to get groomed tomorrow so I had to call and cancel that but they are closed Mondays. You have to give them 24 hours notice or you get charged for a missed appointment fee so hopefully since I left a message that counts as 24 hours.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Already frustrated with me new job. It is the most unorganized practice I’ve seen. I’m still very new and I get thrown in to things with minimal training. Not even a day training and no experience. People are working 12s and weekends not having a life which is it what I signed up for nor was told and nearly every other practice is NOT ran this way. Among other things that I won’t post about worries me

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

Complaining. So basically you don’t get trained here. Other staff has said the same thing. It will be like “call the insurance and get this info” but like how? “Just do it”. Me with zero experience on calling insurance companies i felt like an idiot. I wanted to cry. Now they got you by yourself in the office with barely any info on which tasks to do. Like I don’t want to just sit here. Also I can’t find some of the stuff I want and no ones showed me where anything is. So yeah

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

to the people who I guess don't fuck with me anymore for some reason unbeknownst to me: :efu:

14. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

That's absurd!!!!!! I'm fuming for you!!

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Absolutely nuts that I felt more excited and alive walking out of an interview at a grocery store than I have in months at my “real” “prestigious” job proving PR insights to tech clients. Trying to imagine enjoying going to work and not dreading getting out of bed every morning.

also did some digging and found out that assistant managers at this store make $70k a year and managers make $100k, which is uhhhh a lot more than I make and I am very tempted to try to turn a part time seasonal thing into a career.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Grocery managers make fucking bank.
    I don’t think you live where they have them but I worked at Publix as a teenager and Publix specifically only hires from within so they deff try to entice you to make it a career. After hearing the amount of money my store manager made JUST from stock dividends GIVEN by the company...........yeah not gonna lie it’s a tempting line of work lol

17. personalmaps

im looking for a part time job bc i have debt and now i gotta plan this wedding and everyone who works at trader joe's seems legit so STOKED and HAPPY to be there it's like...why am i killing myself trying to make these giant companies happy for $0.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It might just help your mental health to get a change of scenery and recharge your batteries, I need to figure out how to do that

19. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I'm in the process of looking for a roommate and one of the people I'm talking to works at TJ's and said he loves it! My parents were trying to get me to work there when I was on the job hunt but 5 years at Whole Foods had been enough for me.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the sound travels in my apartment like no other place I've lived. the downstairs neighbours have people over, and they're not even being loud they're just talking slightly above average indoor voices but it sounds like they're in my fucking living room. sometimes just the sound of them talking will wake me up in the morning it's infuriating.

21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

this reminds me that somehow someway a neighbor either next, above or below has their phone (assuming it’s a phone) on vibrate for the alarm and somehow that fucking noise sounds like it’s in my bedroom on random mornings.

I don’t get it. I literally wake up from the noise of it vibrating against what sounds like my wall or ceiling. I honest to god think at times that there is a random phone that someone left in my apartment still here with a working battery. I’ve torn through my bedside drawer, my closet, underneath my mattress trying to find it and of course find nothing.

I never hear the neighbors, I usually never even know if the apartments around me are occupied or vacant and yet this random ass vibrating phone which sounds like it’s in the fucking wall wakes me up lol

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My upstairs neighbor has a vibrating phone alarm and I can't stand it. I've had many upstairs neighbors and I never heard their phones vibrating. it's to the point now where it'll wake me up and I'll be like oh it must be 5 a.m. or whatever. The worst is that they don't get up at the first alarm so they set like 5 ever half hour so they all keep me up

23. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

exactly the same for me! It’s either a bunch of alarms are set, they keep hitting snooze, or they sleep through it because it’ll go off for 3-4 minutes straight some mornings, stop and then start up again a short time later. I’m a deep sleeper and I’m flabbergasted that if it’s waking me up in another apartment, how the fuck are you not awake with it in the same room??

Ken and Kiana like this.
  24. personalmaps

not a vent but update: i got the second job! hoping it will be a nice change of pace and not too draining. gotta hustle to have a cool wedding.

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Once again my office manager sends me to do desk work totally discriminating agasint me. And also once again NOTHING WAS CLEANED RIGHT! If they were oraganized then staff has time to clean. They’re so worried about getting patients in the door to take their money that they couldn’t care less about cleaning and PROPER sterilization.

One of the sterilizers isn’t working so I had to take everything out of it (on top of everything from both sterilzers not being bagged correctly so I had to re sterilize everything) re bag everything from both because the broken one had wet bags and you can’t put wet instrument in the bags.

I want to clean the floor but the bottles aren’t properly labeled and they got water in some off container that use to be a granite cleaner and to my knowledge that’s an OSHA violation.

I can’t. I’d call off tomorrow but i don’t want to do that to my co workers.

I also wonder if the new person took the job and if they were the ones that didn’t bag anything correctly because it’s never been this bad before. Also when I mentioned it to her last week she said that that’s how she bags things (the wrong way). WHERE DID PEOPLE DO THEIR TRAINING AND ARE THEH CERTIFIED IN INFECTION CONTROL!?

*pulls my hair in frustrarion*