Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 90

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Hey, I really appreciate that.

Ideally, the music industry has always been the goal. My degree is in business management/marketing however, and the job I am doing now has me leading a project as we develop a field app for our workers to use, plus I am maintaining the database associated with the data (part of the whole bringing us into the modern era thing my boss is looking to do...). I'm looking to make 60k+ especially if I have to travel to the city (train is expensive).

Not sure what kind of jobs you hear about, but if you happen to come across anything in music (business side)/technology/marketing/social media management please point me in that direction! Thank you again!

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Thanks dude! Well I am handling it better at least. Maybe I shouldn't be handling it this well?? Is this handling it better/well? Maybe I'm blocking it out of my thoughts to not have to mentally deal with it. One day at a time for me right now.

3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I've adopted this mindset back in like high school and it's worked wonders for me. More often than not, situations have a way of just working themselves out without flying off the handle or handling things poorly.

Just keep an open mind and take it one day at a time.

How you react to a shitty situation is half the battle!

Supernova likes this.
  4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

This has not been my week AT ALL. On Monday I totaled my car because some idiot lady decided as she was entering an intersection at 45mph that she didn't want to go through the just-changed yellow light. Now I have to walk 1.5 miles to the train and it's been humid af this week and I don't know how long it will be until I can get a new car (I don't mind taking the train, but the walk is brutal).

Then yesterday I went to the beach to get away for a few hours and my two month old iPhone XR fell out of my purse onto the concrete and scuffed two corners... 24 HOURS BEFORE MY CASE IS TO BE DELIVERED. I've literally never damaged a phone, ever, and of course it happens when I'm waiting for the case.

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The parent company of my office is hiring a few position in New York - I'll send you a DM!

K0ta likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

hey I could also use a New York job, @K0ta and I are clearly destined to work together

but I have too much pride and not enough confidence to ask for favors lol

K0ta and personalmaps like this.
  7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Staffing at my work work has been terrible over the last few months. We’re pretty much short one person because they can never find someone to work the shift. The 2nd shift has an extra person which they don’t need because there’s nothing to do on that shift and all the staff does is sit around putting the work on my shift to do. Im already so tired on day 3/5 and my body is aching when I wake up. They got people working doubles lately and asking people to stay right when they’re about to leave because oops they forgot to tell you someone called off yet again. I can’t keep doing this

K0ta likes this.
  8. K0ta

I know I ranted in here last week about the person they moved into my office; well I am still beyond frustrated with it all but what is really getting to me today is an extremely small and petty thing but - she has an overripe banana on her desk and it is attracting fruit flies and they have been flying around me all day and I eat fruit for breakfast and they keep landing on it and wtf!! I never had issues with bugs in here until now. /pettyrant

iCarly Rae Jepsen, Ken and Joe4th like this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

there's a new person in our office who's desk is kiddie corner to mine and she's only here a few days a month. she's been gone for 2 weeks now and left something in a coffee cup on her desk that is literally now growing mold (or something worse) - as our part of the office gets super muggy even with the dehumidifier.

like, you knew you weren't going to be here for at least 3 weeks and you left a half-full cup of coffee out? did you think someone was gonna clean it for you? no ma'am.

luckily no bugs or smells yet from it, but i really really wanna be here when she comes in and sees it since it's not just a styrofoam cup but like a personal mug she brought from home that she'll probably have to toss lol

RyanPm40 and K0ta like this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

My work is super unprofessional and makes me feel guilty or uncomfortable when I bring up problems because they always act like they aren't important or they are small problems in comparison to other things they are dealing with, but what they don't seem to understand is that it's CONSTANT problems and if they would just help fix them then I wouldn't be bugging them anymore.

They desperately need to bring in someone from the outside and have an HR department, but that's just wishful thinking at this point.

K0ta likes this.
  11. K0ta

So today I'm being asked to fill in ~6,000 data points on a spreadsheet because...one of the old boomer men here fucked something up. This isn't even something that has anything to do with me hahahahahaha. They also made sure that the cells were the tiniest possible that they could be so it's so difficult to move back and forth between the spreadsheet I am copying from. My favorite part about this job is how the incompetence of the old guys in the higher positions gets trickled down to all the women who get to pick up their pieces! Totally cool and not old school power plays at all!

That's so disgusting! I hope she feels super bad when she comes back. You should say something.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. K0ta

They're moving the girl who moved into my office to the other side of the room - apparently she wasn't supposed to be set up right next to me. She's doing a whole lot of passive aggressive complaining about it but you know what, I feel a huge relief that I don't feel someone right in my space at all times. It's still not the ideal situation but this is manageable. This whole thing has just been so needlessly stressful and the way this place operates is really taking its toll on me.

Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I have a work problem and vented about it to the most negative person I know and surprise, she was not comforting or helpful at all. In fact she decided that "it's your fault" is a reasonable thing to say to a "friend" who's having a shit day

iCarly Rae Jepsen, K0ta and Ken like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Sorry to hear that, Chase. You're better off without people who think that way.

ChaseTx, iCarly Rae Jepsen and K0ta like this.
  15. K0ta

That is awful, you deserve to have somebody listen and respect your feelings! If you ever wanna talk you know you can always talk to me.

ChaseTx, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Is your friend a boomer, also sorry

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

thanks guys, y'all are great.

i should know better, she's very judgmental and when i have a problems is like "that's what you get when you do/don't do x". But when she has a problem, which is constantly, she doesn't take criticism at all

iCarly Rae Jepsen, K0ta and Ken like this.
  18. Jams

Trusted

My company doesn't give raises so the only way to really get a pay increase is if you advance to a higher position. But there's really only 1 position you can advance to, a team lead. So I asked my boss about it and expressed interest bc I've been with the company for around 8 years. She said they didn't have anything available at the time but when they did they would send out an email and let everyone within the company apply bc they like to hire within the company if possible. Yet today when I log in to my work email....SURPRISE!!! They hired a new team lead, and they never sent out a fucking email to us. And this woman did not previously work for the company. I feel beyond defeated. I meet all the criteria for the job and know all these clients way better than the woman who got the job because I've worked with them for years. It would have been a big pay increase plus I would finally get benefits and PTO, etc. But they didn't even give me a chance and straight up lied to me. I hate this job so much.

19. bluecharliedeltaecho Jul 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

20. Jams

Trusted

Just my monthly post whining about how much periods suck!!! I spent the whole work day with my heating pad on, took Advil and then immediately got a hot bath after work. Nothing is helping these cramps from hell. Remembered I had pain pills from when I got my wisdom teeth removed. I never took any bc that stuff fucks me up bad but rn I pray it knocks me out bc I cannot deal with this anymore. Everyone who has a period should get like a week paid off work every month. I will scream that from the rooftops until the end of time!! Let me curl up in my bed with my heating pad and weep in peace!! But I get zero PTO so I will spend tomorrow crying at my desk bc I can't afford to take the day off :redanger:

K0ta and Kiana like this.
  21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I threw out my back, I can't even tie my own shoes and need help lying down.

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i've been on hold with delta for 40 minutes trying to change a work flight because the client changed their mind on the dates and i'm about the toss myself out the window.

23. Kiana Jul 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2019)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been getting really terrible sleep lately. I fall asleep easily but wake up a lot throughout the night. My dreams are stressful and anxious. Since I'm not in that fully asleep phase I have been having Like mini sleep paralysis. Nothing too creepy but like one night I could see someone open and close my bedroom door but I couldn't get up to see who it was (I live alone) and tonight my room was dark and I felt like something was in the room and I kept trying to get up to open my blinds and let some light in but I couldn't move. I know they were just dreams but they can feel so stressful at the time and I'm just not getting sound sleep. Since it's summer and hot I haven't been drinking tea before bed but I may start again. And maybe I'll try melatonin? Idk

When I whine to ppl they suggest endometriosis or a thyroid issue so I may look into that idk idk

24. Jams

Trusted

Healthcare in this country is shit (which everyone already knows but I feel like whining some more!!). I have 1 wisdom tooth that needs to be surgically removed. My dentist can't do it so he told me to find an oral surgeon. No oral surgeon near me accepts my insurance. I have called literally every single one. So I started looking further out in the next county over. A bunch accept my insurance! Hooray!! Except they need a referral. No problem, my dentist said he'd give me one. But then they find out who my dentist is and not one of them will accept a referral from him bc he's in a different county (they accept all the other counties near us though?? Just not the one I live in and my dentist is in?????) So now I finally found 1 dentist office that doesn't need a referral who will look at my tooth but they aren't even sure if they can pull it or not. If they can't I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I just do not understand why it's this difficult. I've been trying for months to get this tooth out and I'm in a lot of pain from it and just want it out!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I keep putting off getting my wisdom teeth out because I don't have dental insurance because teeth aren't part of the body or anything so they need their own insurance it makes no sense

Jams likes this.