Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 87

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Anyone I’ve made small talk with this weekend has asked what my plans are for Mother’s Day. I let them know my mother & I haven’t spoken for several years now, so nothing, and each person has replied along the lines of, “I’m so sorry,” rather than, “Ah, got it.”

I’m entirely okay with us not being in contact. It’s a healthy thing. For people to assume it’s unfortunate or something to pity is weird & quite annoying.

Kiana, Carmen SD and Mary V like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If I had a career goal it would be to teach others how to communicate effectively and be like a trainer that travels around the country. So many people lack this skill and it gets on my nerves. It should be a basic skill of being a human person. I can't stand when someone is just confrontational off the bat out of nowhere like that's not how it works. Sure if you communicate something to me and I drop the ball or whatever like get confrontational and advocate for yourself. But don't come for me like that off the get go. Have a normal human conversation and see where that gets you. Or instead of getting mad or worked up immediately, hear a person out. Have compassion, grace, and positive intent. And I'll be honest I don't think people are held accountable enough for this. I'm talking from professionals to family. It's not okay to communicate this way and people should be embarrassed. It's normalized to be an ass and I'm not here for it. I'm not saying I'm perfect all the time, but have the insight to recognize and own it and try to do better going forward.

Essie likes this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

Dear jerk who kept honking at me bc I wouldn’t drive into in coming traffic. Do you even know how to drive? I had the yield. I’m not going because you’re impatient at 530 in the morning. Not only that but I had to make a quick left turn so if I decided to go when you felt like was convienent for you, I’d miss my turn. I didn’t feel safe to turn. It wasn’t convenient for me. If you’d pull that stick out of your ass, maybe you’d understand. Hope you have a bad day

Ken likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i don't normally take the highway to work (lucky for me) so when i did last week i was floored by how fast people were going. i know everyone goes fast on the highway, but like the difference between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm was a good 25 MPH on average. and all i could think was, "all these people going 90 to get to jobs they don't want to be at...?" it made no sense to me. granted, maybe some of those people love their jobs, but still. to be that angry and hostile so early in the morning... yikes.

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve even seen people running red lights at the early hour and people want to go 70+ in a 55. I’m surprised how many people are actually on the road at 530 in the morning (the route to my work that is)

6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Sometimes I feel like I'm trying really hard to make something of my life I guess by paying bills and going to work every day? When really most of my life has been this rat race to the next thing and in my head my "real" life hasn't even started. Like I'm at this job because it's a job, it doesn't even pay me that much, and everyone around me is like "well you just graduated last year, have to start somewhere." How about it's a fucking scam that I made the choice to go to the state school for cheaper and took a major I wasn't interested in so that I wouldn't have as much debt, instead of going to the school with the major I wanted, and now here I am in a job I hate in an industry I have no interest in and with no way into the industry I am ACTUALLY interested in. AND! They tell me I don't deserve to make enough until I get "experience."

I'm 30 years old, and my younger sister has every opportunity at her fingertips and has had such a fulfilling life because she's taken risks and also just done what she wants (without considering anyone else often...) while I spent all my time worried about everyone else and it's held me back so much. I am so frustrated because I am in a long term relationship that I'm trying to make work, but making it work is also holding me back. I don't know what to do because I feel so horribly unfulfilled. Guess it's good I'm going back to therapy this month.

Kiana, Shakriel, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  7. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Literally pulled those thoughts right out of my head and I couldn't have said it better

Shakriel, K0ta and Mary V like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel the same way but also why bother the world is a nightmare so like why try to improve my life when climate change will kill us all

Shakriel and K0ta like this.
  9. K0ta

Sorry to hear that, hope we can figure it out at some point haha.

I get what you mean, it's fucked when our generation has borne the huge burden of a collapsed economy (fallout of housing crisis) and the highest cost of college/living and us and the generations after us will also be bearing the weight of these types of devastating world problems because the generations before us choose to do nothing. Makes everything feel quite hopeless.

Joe4th, Mary V and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  10. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

My fucking dipshit professor gave me a 9/10 on something called "CAPP" which no one knows what it is. Might not seem like a big deal but I'm pretty sure it's the goddamn fucking mandatory anonymous survey that we take for each class at the end of the semester that's used to evaluate the professors. I shouldn't be graded on that shit. I should be graded on REAL assignments, which is something this professor struggles to come up with. For fucks sake.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm getting very tired of being financially in the hole and telling myself the next paycheck will get me out

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’m right there with ya, bud. Shits grim

Mr. Serotonin and ChaseTx like this.
  13. K0ta May 17, 2019
    (Last edited: May 17, 2019)
    K0ta

Portion sizes are OUT OF CONTROL in this country. I just bought a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch from the deli across the street, it was loaded with cheese and bacon and 3x bigger than I could even eat (I think it even had two grilled chicken patties!! and I had to eat it with a knife and fork), plus it came with a mound of fries I could barely eat 1/4 of. Seriously I ate until I was full and it doesn't even look like I ate anything!! Food waste is a huge part of climate change and so I have become more and more conscious of this and normally I don't eat a big lunch but I didn't bring any today. I would rather buy half portions because I can never finish my food at any place I eat out at. Unfortunately the trend has been towards bigger and bigger portions over the years but it's such overkill and leads to all this waste and it makes me sad.

Ken, ChaseTx, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  14. DarkHotline

That’s often why I just buy a simple burger when I eat out, less crap I don’t eat.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

that's a good spin on it, it always sounds privileged to me when people complain that there's too much food but you make a good point

K0ta likes this.
  16. K0ta

Yeah I completely understand what you mean, the dichotomy between both situations is gross but if we truly want to combat climate change/growing health epidemic (different topic but relevant) western portion sizes/expectations around food need to be examined.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Kiana

I've whined about it before but I must have like a sensory issue with noise because I HATE noise. Hate it. The friend I'm hanging with this weekend is so loud. Last night she played an audio book to fall asleep to and it was at that volume that I can't handle. Just like piercing and irritating and then on top of that she snored. I finally had to tell her at like 4:30am that she needed to turn it down cause I couldn't handle it. She's snoring again tonight so I put headphones in but I can still hear her thru them and I wanna die. And her breathing while she's awake is too loud. And none of it is her fault whatsoever (except the audiobook lol) so I feel like a jerk. I feel like the older I get the more cranky I get about it and I'm going to end up pushing ppl away more and more idk.

jkauf likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

I'm real stressed about money and ever present co-parenting issues and of course all my problems spiral into wishing I could redo my whole adult life or just be someone else. Oh well though

K0ta and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel that last part for different reasons, sending you good vibes

K0ta and ChaseTx like this.
  20. ChaseTx

I was typing up a bunch of stuff but you know I don't think anyone here really relates so I think I'll just leave it at "co-parenting sucks"

DarkHotline likes this.
  21. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I feel like I shouldn't be as mad/annoyed as I am at my friends for basically using me for cheap beer when I drove them 2 hours to a Round1 when I literally could have just driven them to any shitty local divebar if all they wanted to do was get shitfaced.

22. DarkHotline

Holiday weekends are garbage

23. Kiana

Me when I'm on my period

tumblr_okwibrkhyb1v72s2uo4_r3_250.gif

Jams and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  24. Kiana

I've spent my entire long weekend on my period and with a migraine it's so super much fun. This is why I'm single cause if there was a man in the vicinity I'd throw things at him.

25. Tell telemarketers about the recent death in the family. This is really just kinda life advice in general. They’re scripted to repeat you to “show they’re listening” so it makes it super fun to hear how awkward they feel.