Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 86

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I love flying, but I hate other people in the airport/airplane.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's insane because you have assigned seats and the whole plane takes off at once

I know it's about overheard room but that's also insane, people bring on giant suitcases because $30 to check a suitcase is dumb

K0ta and Ken like this.
  3. Iain

Regular

100% Agree. I love flying and traveling but the people argh! The above was just a small local connecting flight. When i was on first leg at JFK - easily 100 people standing hovering the gate before it even opened!!!

The next thing that was interesting on this trip was I witnessed someone get a proper telling off by a steward (rightly so). I, unfortunately, was sat near/next to about 5 families with young children. Whatever, it is what it is, not going to get annoyed as it could be me in the future. This one family during the taxi to runway just let their say 3 or 4 year old son stand up on the chair going a bit crazy. Literally no attempt to care was given to seat their child. I mean i personally dont really care, but they were told twice off one stewardess. Nothing happened, they just kept earphones in and ignored their children. Then the senior steward comes over and hits out with a belter of a one liner 'sir, are we going to have a problem before we even take off?'. SORTED!

I know! Some peoples hand luggage is bigger than my checked suitcase!!!

K0ta, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

:clap::clap::clap:
    Not boarding the plane from the back to the front is something I'll never understand. I typically check a suitcase, so I tend to find people with extremely large carry-ons really annoying, but like you said, airlines are the ones responsible for that.

K0ta and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  5. Iain

Regular

Just want to give a big shout out to Aer Lingus for absolutely destorying someone not in row 1 to 10 trying to sneak on the plane! AHMEN!!!

Ken likes this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

That's absurd. Some people shouldn't have children haha.

The gate hovering is really annoying. It slows down the whole process and yet we all takeoff and land at the same time. People trying to skip ahead in line is surprisingly common too.

himynameisiain likes this.
  7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

You have to pay for the privilege of getting on first while the plebs like myself get on last and get off last.

I love traveling but hate flying because the process is annoying and long and frustrating, like just teleport me to my destination at this point.

Joe4th, Ken and himynameisiain like this.
  8. Ken May 3, 2019
    (Last edited: May 3, 2019)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's really obnoxious. The best part is waiting for bags with those people who were in such a hurry to get on/off the plane and then you get your bag(s) before they do.

Since I've been a kid, I've always found the whole experience incredibly interesting. I spend the entire time at the airport and in the airplane thinking about all the processes that go into making air travel what it is from how baggage gets to each plane properly to dispatching to how the pilots fly the IFR approach.

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I love to fly for the same reasons as @Ken but yeah the process can be miserable. And I usually fly southwest and they’re the worst for gate crowding since it’s first come first serve on seats. Usually end up paying extra to get on early and not have to worry about getting a middle seat. I will never understand the people that stand up as soon as the plane lands. There’s nowhere to go

Ken likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Being poor is exhausting.

mad likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I love airports so much. It sounds super nerdy but I love how clear and easy the signs are to read. It's so satisfying and soothing for my anxiety. And the people-watching. But once it's time to board the plane it's like all bets are off.

Once while waiting to board I was sitting at the gate in a chair that had an outlet and omfg it was like a battle for that seat while I charged my phone. A lady was straight hovering over me and standing uncomfortably close but I was like naw not today sis!!

12. Kiana

Rich ppl getting free stuff is one of the most annoying things ever. Like I get logically why they do, because exposure helps the brand etc etc but it's still annoying. Even more annoying when the fans are giving them free stuff like c'mon they don't need it and they aren't your friend. It's one thing to make them a gift or something, but if ur already giving this person ur income for tickets, meet and greets, albums, etc like u don't need to buy them stuff. Or when stans buy and gift like 1000 copies of an album or single to get their faves to #1 like omg stawp. There is supporting a fave and then there's just like being a lil money machine for them and it feels like exploitation at that point. They are the last ppl who should be getting free stuff and it's gross.

Anyway the rich suck etc etc but also can I be rich?

Mary V, ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the goodie bags they get at award shows and film festivals are fascinating to me, like they don't need thousands of dollars worth of free stuff, they can afford cosmetics or whatever it is

plus all I can think of

Kiana likes this.
  14. Iain

Regular

This is just a random story which shows how valuable giving celebs freebies can end up. I have a 'friend of a friend' who started a sunglasses company. He sent a pair to Meghan Markle (and other celebs). She wore them out once, and it got picked up by paparazzi photographs. Then fashion magazines did the 'what is she wearing' style column and linked to his company. Then after the fashion magazine, his order book was up a phenomenal amount that to say a percentage it would look daft. She continues to wear them frequently and it gets covered still in magazines and drives him traffic. It has essentially established his boutique brand and allowed him to actually open up store.

If you are not aware, specs frames have a notoriously high profit margin. So sending freebies is a cheap marketing ploy (probably similar to make up and cosmetics).

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Kiana like this.
  15. bluecharliedeltaecho May 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

16. scroopy.noopers

: (

so the sublease agreement that our former roommate had the subtenant and my partner sign is different than the one she originally sent us. my partner didn't see the difference, since they look nearly identical, and trusted his *sister* that everything was good. turned out the sublease gives the subtenant the right to terminate the contract if the subtenant gives 30 days notice. basically gave this lady the right to dip out whenever as long as she's responsible for finding someone else. since she wants to terminate the sublease, we can't get our friend in, since this subtenant is being a complete asshole about everything--demanding a full refund of her deposit [which comes from the next tenant] along with the rent, all within 48hrs.

i'm beyond pissed at this person who i thought was a friend and who my partner trusted like a sister. i have my suspicion that she doesn't like me, so she's pulling all of this assholery and trying to put the blame on me. my partner makes more money than me, and she told him "you wouldn't be in this mess if your bf could help out more". i've done nothing to this person. i have given her so much love verbally and thru acts of service, and she shat on me and my partner. this is fucking crazy.

ok, i'm done

17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

My dog takes up way too much space on the bed.

ChaseTx, PatRFinley and Mary V like this.
  18. Kiana

I used to be able to handle a stressful day but coupled with my depression idk it's so hard. I can identify I need something to decompress but idk what. It used to be going to the gym but the stress is honestly sucking the energy out of me. The complete lack of motivation coupled with my lack of having something to de-stress with is a visious cycle. Life is just so frustrating. My frustration is life and people and things.

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I dunno what I'm doing

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

boss at my new job seems to be the type to assign a new task at 4:50pm. don't like that.

St. Nate, Joe4th, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Start gettin’ there at 8:50am

Ken likes this.
  22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I already do.... she however usually shows up at noon lol

St. Nate likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My work does this all the time and it’s so infuriating.

24. Kiana

WHY DO PEOPLE ACT LIKE PEOPLE AKA THE WORST. I AM DONE WITH PEOPLE. BRB MOVING INTO AN ISOLATION TANK

mad and Mary V like this.
  25. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I hope when you start school you'll realize how much of an asshole you've been to me lately.