Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 83

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

These people suck, but like I just finished season 6 for the first time last night, and OH MY GOD why did I wait to watch this show.

To keep this on topic with the thread I basically had the whole show ruined for me by YouTube ads for the show and it makes me so angry still

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

One of my friends was staunchly against it and she's stubborn as hell. She came around to it and now she's obsessed, fully admitting she was wrong. In the beginning there were only me and maybe one other, now it's almost all of us who are into it.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I do not watch game of thrones because when my old rm tried to show me an ep there was FLESH EATING DOGS and I noped all the way out. I draw the line at flesh eating dogs.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah I think there's a fine line between shitting on something other people love, which is lame,and just not being into something which is perfectly valid and healthy and we should do more of that

Game of Thrones just isn't for me and that's okay, I think the show will survive

5. theagentcoma

good because the line gets pushed much farther than that :teethsmile:

This is the approach I try to take. "It's just not for me" is my go-to instead of "I hate that show" or "that thing sucks/is lame"

6. PatRFinley

Yeah I gotta say, I would've liked a warning that dogs were gonna die

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My upstairs neighbor has been vacuuming for so long and I'm just like ugggh we have hardwood floors. Buy a broom!!!!!

8. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I just had my life threatened because my work uses Ticketmaster, and therefore charges their fees. People always throw in my face that smaller ticket companies have lower fees, well newsflash, lower ticket prices means lower fees! Apparently my life isn't as important as an $18 fee on a Disturbed ticket.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. PatRFinley

Why did someone have to hack my bank account the week I'm going to Brooklyn for two shows and that Avengers tickets go on sale. This is exactly what I need in my life

10. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Sad face! Which shows? =)

11. PatRFinley

Better Oblivion Community Center last night (fucking incredible show) and Balance/Tigers Jaw on Friday

yourfaveweapon and K0ta like this.
  12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Haha I was there last night and will be at Balance/Tigers Jaw as well. A stacked week in Brooklyn!

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. JessLeigh

Nice... hopefully your money gets returned to you quickly! I had that happen a few years ago and I want to say Chase was pretty good about getting it back to me. *crossing fingers*

14. PatRFinley

Yeah Chase has me covered, texted me the second someone used my account. Should have the money back tomorrow. The timing just sucks haha

I will say, my mother is a saint and lent me some money for the week. Fucking love that woman!

theagentcoma and JessLeigh like this.
  15. JessLeigh

Awww, mamas are the best! Shitty situation but sounds like all will work out!

PatRFinley likes this.
  16. JessLeigh

I teach 4th...actual conversation today via my Remind.com messenger (parent communication).

Me: "Was your internet having issues last night? Christina says this is why her homework is not done and I am just checking on her story"
    Her grandmother, who is like 75: "I am not a real internet person, and I wasn't on my computer yesterday so I am no help at all, we have frontier (ISP). I am sick to death of people at work on their phones all the time, they are getting paid to perform a job not look at a phone. Sorry now I feel better."
    Me, completely floored: "Are you talking about me?... Parent communication is part of my job."
    Grandma: "No I wasn't, but you should only be using your phone for school purposes during school hours while you are there. And this is any job anywhere, look at your phone on lunch time and breaks."
    Me, again completely floored and unable to control my mouth: "If you're not referring to me then why are you bringing it up to me? Offended and confused as to why you are lecturing me about when I use my parent communication tool during the school day. I also access it from my computer not just my phone. I have many breaks during the day when I can send parents a message. The content of my message to you was about homework not being done which you didn't even address back to me. If you'd like to talk in person let me know."

I'm like fuming. Which is probably ridiculous and I probably should have cooled off before I spouted off but REALLY!?

dkjfa;lksdjf;a

17. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

FedEx is the absolute worst. I bought a new LP shelf online, and it's been sitting in the same location for the last 48 hours. It could still arrive by the estimated arrival date (which is tomorrow), but they don't seem to be in any hurry to exceed expectations and deliver it early. It's less than two hours away. Come on!

Ken likes this.
  18. EarthShifts

Trusted

A late night ramble. Sorry for the length.

About a year and a half ago my wife and I bought our first home in a small town. There isn’t much going on here. Small downtown with some cool spots, but quiet overall. Almost every single person I’ve interacted with has been incredibly nice. At times it felt like I was in the Truman Show.

Except for my neighbor across the street. He sucks.

I didn’t see him much at first, but last summer he would be outside more and more. There was no issue at first, but things turned south quickly.

I came home late one night and he was in his truck parked in the street. I pulled up behind him thinking he was about to turn into his house, but he was just parked there. He then started screaming at me to go and telling me I was an idiot. I was incredibly confused and just let it pass, but for the next hour he was just speeding up and down the street. Apparently he had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend.

For the next few weeks we would hear constant yelling and it became increasingly disruptive and uncomfortable. It all came to a head one Saturday morning when his girlfriend runs out of their house and he comes running after her screaming incredibly vulgar things in the middle of the street. I was in shock. I don’t know what happened, and it’s really none of my business, but it was crazy. I understand getting in fights but once you bring it into the neighborhood for all to hear, that’s when things change. We have families and kids walking by all of the time.

My wife did not take too kindly to this and decided to say something to him in the middle of it. He replied by yelling vulgar things at her and everyone else that was now watching. He also went on a rant about how we’re all a bunch of liberals and whatnot.

Since then the police have been to his house a couple times, there’s been a couple other instances, and I’ve been fairly on edge as he seems completely unstable. I was able to find his name and found a record of him being arrested a few years back for shooting a BB gun at some random person in a park.

Where my frustration lies now is with his car. He has a muffler on his car that’s incredibly loud, and every single night at 10:30 or later he just starts his car and let’s it run for at least 40 minutes. It just sits in the driveway and he hangs in his house. Eventually he’ll get in it, back out incredibly slowly, and then peel off up the street.

Every. Single. Night.

It’s incredibly annoying and wakes me up frequently and it just happened again.

I’m not even sure what to do. I don’t know if it’s something to call the police over, or if they’d even do anything. I’m just tired of it.

I know this whole thing probably is poorly written. I just needed to vent. I desperately want this guy to just move, but I don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon.

19. theagentcoma

does he by chance have truck nuts on his truck?

EarthShifts likes this.
  20. EarthShifts

Trusted

Surprisingly no.

21. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Not poorly written at all. I was anxious just reading that. Definitely not someone I’d want as a neighbor.

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

People who ask you to do something for them because they’re busy with other stuff but by the time they’re doing explaining what to do it took 5x longer than if they just did the goddamn thing themselves

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I had returned an item to pet smart the other day and my money has not yet been credited back into my account. Never happened before

24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I like my job for the most part but I have been so massively stressed the past month of two because they keep giving me new things to fix or work on because I’ve made a reputation as put together and able to handle anything but I feel like that has been greatly exaggerated! I am cracking a bit! I’m not sleeping and I’m breaking out constantly which is rare for me and I woke up today starting to feel actually sick and I kind of just feel like my body is crumbling because of stress!

K0ta and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The dilemma that the better you do at work the more responsibility you have, without more money necessarily, is tough

K0ta likes this.