Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 75

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

so I got the apartment! she was very understanding of my "concerning" credit score being lack of history and lack of open accounts. phew

NEW PROBLEM

my current landlord who I told at the start of October I was moving and has been showing my apartment (and being telling viewers it will be available start of Nov) has now told me that if he can't fill it I will have to pay rent for November and December. The signed lease when I moved in was up until June 27th and we agreed via a text message only that I'd stay on until the end of the year.

Now I don't know what California rules are like but to me, that makes it a month to month lease agreement and even though we agreed to the end of the year a text isn't a signed contract or a considered an in writing agreement. Could be wrong. When I spoke to him at the start of Oct he didn't mention this might be the case.

Really trying to avoid double rent for two months. I have offered to pay November rent (to be refunded should he find someone at any point) but I"ll be moved out by Oct 31 so the apartment will be cleaned and empty.

Anyone got any advice? Am I totally up shits creek here and will have to pay him and the new landlord.

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Without a signed contract, and by the wording, that makes it month-to-month IMO. Do you have an original signed contract? Usually that'll say something in regards to it. I know mine has wording saying if we wish to continue to rent past the end lease day it becomes month-to-month.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I was a bitch to my mom this whole trip but I couldn't snap out of it. I had a feeling I'd act this way and it sucks because it negatively impacted the weekend. It's just all that resentment and frustration built up and it comes out passive aggressively. It's just hard. Like it's normal for people to wanna drink in Vegas but I have so many negative associations with my mom and alcohol that I just got annoyed. And I should be sympathetic about her disordered eating but eating with her just makes me angry and resentful of the food issues she projected onto me a teen. So when she does little annoying things I overreact and snap. I feel guilty that it would've been a better trip with someone else.

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

this site has been less... friendly & less of a place to get away from things for me lately. it's my own problem but whatever

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

My coworkers doing 30 seconds of extra work to greatly decrease my stress

supernovagirl and ChaseTx like this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Today was pretty irritating, I'd scream in frustration but I live in an apartment

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sounds like a month to month lease. Put in your 30 days notice when you’re planning to leave then they can’t make you pay

8. Kiana

For whatever reason I remembered a science project in 7th grade. We did a leaf project and had to collect and identify like 50 different leaves and keep each leaf in a page protector of a binder so you had this book of leaves and then keep it for the entire school year because he had a part 2 to the project u had to do later. But if you lost any of the leaves between the first and second project you had to do an alternate project with the highest grade possible being a C. And of course one of my leaves fell out and got lost and I didn't notice so I had to do the alt project. But anyway I just remembered that and how dumb it is and I am re-mad lol like it's one leaf who cares??

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. Carmen SD

Trusted

Had a disappointing dinner experience. Went to eat at a Thai restaurant I’ve been to many times. This time service was terrible. Got placed in a section where it seemed like the tables there get ignored. Food got out fast but no one came by for refills or to check on us. Not even water. I went there for the Thai ice coffee in which they ended up running out by the time I was able to get a refill (like an hour and it would have to be to go) didn’t even get asked if I’d like a soda instead to compensate for them running out/not getting asked for a refill during our meal. I was very irritated because i feel like i would have been able to get one refill if someone came by. I kept looking over at the person that took our order and she didn’t bother to ask or have someone come over and ask if we needed anything. She walked by hour table a few times yet nothing.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Its completely irrational and I dont really mean it but I officially hate working with women right now. I'm borderline about to lose my job because of their inability to communicate when somethings wrong, their ability to become friends and gang up against me, and just be completely irrational and have no interest in helping out anyone but themselves.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

that's quite the blanket statement

12. Kiana

Yeeeah that post is :chin:

I get work things are super frustrating espesh if a job is on the line, but I feel like just cause u preface the post acknowledging it's irrational and u don't mean it and stuff it's still not cool to post sexist things....

dadbolt, supernovagirl and Joe4th like this.
  13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Echoing what everyone else said but also why don’t you consider this: women literally are ingrained by society to NOT communicate when something’s wrong and are expected to just take one for the team/are expected to sit down and shut up.
    It’s bizarre that their ability to become friends frustrates you- does this speak to your ability to make friends? I for one 100% understand the frustration of feeling ganged up on but assert that this happens with both sexes and has little to do with the ‘ability to become friends’

As for the end of that post honestly I can’t think of a single response besides please fuck off with that shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

I came across something that says it’s on Etsy that appeared to claim “one of a kind” that someone said was handmade. False because it has to be a replica someone made of something they’ve seen or use to have because I have the exact same thing that belonged to my grandfather that I liked since I was little. I ended up taking the item and have it and compared the two and it’s basically a remake. Good remake since the remake looks more like I remember the item looking

15. Kiana

Like 25 days out of the month I'm all wooo being a woman is awesome and amazing and I wouldn't change it wooo girl power!!

And the other days of the month while on my period are very BEING A WOMAN SUCKS WHY ARE WE PUNISHED LIKE THIS I HATE THE WORLD SCREW THIS FOREEEEEVERRRRRR. but srsly this is stupid. My back hurts and I'm uncomfortable and the world is terrible.

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

My friend wanted to get dinner so I asked her if she still wanted to go, and was like "oh i can't..." The "oh" part kinda really irritated me and I felt like a different response would have been better. She said she's exhausted, but then it comes off like I'm not tired when I wake up at 4:30am for work so I have to be in bed super early. I even hung out with her when I had work the next day. It's like I try to put in effort to hangout but she doesn't do the same thing at times, she wants to plan something then bails last min, but doesnt seem to bail on other people? Its just annoying

17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

my day so far:

1) last night i responded to a housing ad on craigslist to rent a house for $1000/month which I knew was too good to be true, but the reply was so fishy that i did some digging and found the same house listed on a reputable realtor's site. I emailed him and he responded, apologizing profusely because this scammer keeps doing this and I'm like the 3rd person to email him. So really cool that some grifter has my name, number, email, and work address.

2) it snowed, and I slipped and fell down the stairs in my parking garage. Luckily I'm not seriously injured, but I'm very sore and my tricky knee is extremely unhappy.

3) outside of the office, I fumbled my umbrella and dropped my nice glass water bottle and it shattered EVERYWHERE. Then I cut my hand trying to clean it up.

4) work laptop keeps freezing and shutting down every hour or so.

who did I piss off jfc.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Feel better Kayla, on the bright side if romantic comedies have taught me anything things will look up for you now

kaylasananjou likes this.
  19. Kiana

Ugh I'm so tired. I am like a busy person in certain aspects of life lol and I barely have time to follow up on something once, so when people don't get back to me and I have to keep calling and following up like I legitly don't have time for this but it ends up falling on my shoulders if they don't respond soooo it sucks.

20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’ve mentioned this before but my dad got me a job at his work. I told people how my dad helped me get the job and they are like “oh life must be easy for you” when it really isn’t.

My dad went from being where I am right now to a regional manager in the 15 years he has been there. This also means he is well respected so I have to work 10x harder to basically match what my dad did.

It just annoys me people think life is easy when in reality, I have these extremely high standards I have to follow from being his son.

summertimejesus likes this.
  21. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

My sister passed away two months ago and only one of my three cousins has reached out to my family and it was only because my mom told him to give her a call when he could after she wished him a happy bday on FB. I just messaged one of my other cousins and asked if she even heard about my sister (which I'm sure she has) but it feels ridiculous that I even have to do this (I mean I know I don't have to but it was really starting to bother me). I'm not close with my cousins in general but we're not on bad terms or anything. :-|

Kiana likes this.
  22. Kiana

When people have an issue with me and don't just tell me. Like. If something I'm doing isn't working for you then let me know and we can go from there. Like when I think things are going fine because literally nobody has told me otherwise and then I hear from someone else that apparently there is an issue it just sucks. I can't know unless someone tells me. And it's not a situation where I can be like FINE CUTTING U OUT. so. I'm venting here because I'm not in the right headspace to ask them what's up rn. The passive aggression just gets me. U have my contact info. Just tell me if something is up! This isn't the first time this person has done this and I already talked to them about it the last time it happened so I'm just over it.

Carmen SD and summertimejesus like this.
  23. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

That sucks, I feel especially in work environments!!

24. Kiana

Lol yeah I just have to accept that I can't please everyone and some people legit will never like me or be pleased by whatever I do, and that they most likely wont. Which is hard for me because I'm such a people pleaser and need to stop and have like inner peace in knowing that I can only do what I can do. But when I know I'm right like I KNOW I'm right and part of me wants to tell people off because I'M RIGHT but I need to let it go lol

25. Kiana

The website for my local cinema makes you download the show times instead of just displaying them on the mobile site and it's like the most annoying web design decision I've had to experience and I forgot every time until I wanna look at showtimes again.