Vent Your Frustrations • Page 74

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Regular Supporter

I know it's easy to feel like that, especially in your senior year, but depending on what you're going to be studying for music physics is very important to know as a foundation. Just my $0.02, and I'm probably biased since I'm an engineer, but try not to blow it off completely. It may be very beneficial in the future.

stars143 likes this.
  2. ryanfears

Trusted

Physics was just an example but yeah I’m applying for music tech lol

3. I Am Mick

I AM GRAVE BUG Prestigious

I forgot to renew my health insurance in time and can't get anybody on the phone to tell me what I should do

4. Carmen SD

Regular

Work already getting me to come in on my day off and I haven't even been there a week. Working mornings isn't so bad so I'm staying with it. It is though to get up tho. I'm wondering if someone called off or something, but it really messes with my plans because I had plans and I have to wake up at 4:30 am to get ready for work. Plus when I get back I'm already working 5 days in a row instead of the usual 4, so it will turn in to 6 days in a row if I say yes. Plus I have an appt thats past due. Not like they offered to give me the next day off if I come in too. ugh

5. Jams

Regular

Bees. There are bees everywhereeeee!!! These dang hornets are trying to build a nest outside my windows under the siding and they are getting in the house. I'm also allergic so I'm just dodging them left and right screaming. I feel bad cause I don't wanna kill em but I bought some spray bc I can't deal with this anymore!!

6. BlueEyesBrewing

Regular Supporter

Oh man, fuck hornets. Last year when we moved into our new house we had some that built a nest in the walls of our front window. I tried spraying under there to get rid of them but it didn't work and we would occasionally see one in the house, usually the basement. We had a 2yo and my wife was 8.5 months pregnant so we decided to call someone to come spray to get rid of the nest. Well when we got home that night after they sprayed I went in the basement and there were 100+ dead hornets on the basement floor and a few others that were still hanging on to life. He had just pushed them from in the walls to in the house as they were trying to escape the poison. It took the company coming out 3 times and me going down almost every day vacuuming them up before they finally disappeared. It sucked and we couldn't use our basement for 2 or 3 weeks.

7. Jams

Regular

That is what I'm afraid is happening at my house! My grandma's boyfriend had them build a huge nest all behind his siding and they had to rip it down to get them all. I'm hoping my spray works but I kinda doubt it does bc I can't really get to where I think the nest is. And of course it has to hit right now when I just loaned my mom money for car repairs so I'm really short on cash. Damn you hornets!!! But like I really don't wanna get stung and my nephews are over a lot and my dang dog keeps chasing them everywhere ughhhh!!

8. David-

Regular

So my little sister is going to EMT school right now. And one of her classmates groped her. I'm so beyond mad right now. And the only thing that's gonna happen is he's gonna get a citation. And that's IF they charge him. System is such bullshit.

9. domotime2

It's an Albany Expression Prestigious

is there a 'vent positive things' or 'say random positive things thread'? I just wanted to say how much i love the fact that bands are making big budget awesome music videos again. After MTV was dying, the music video was becoming a dying and useles medium, but with youtube being such a massive thing, it's back (for a long time now). Even small bands have these large epic movie type videos....and it's awesome.

Kiana likes this.
  10. scroopy.noopers Oct 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2018)
    scroopy.noopers

: (

I'm really disappointed with my new job. I was hired on as an associate being on track to becoming an assistant manager, and after 4 weeks, it seems like that isn't going to happen. before I was hired, I did 2 trial shifts to see if I would like it. My first trial was with someone who was only on their 5th day of working there, so she couldn't tell me much (also shows she hasn't been trained properly). Within the first few minutes of meeting the GM on that shift, she looked at me and this new employee and said "can you guys go clean, or do something that is actual work." Didn't even introduce herself or anything. Since then, she has talked down to me and everyone other associate. She is unpleasant to speak to about anything which makes asking her questions difficult. She runs around trying to micromanage everything, stressing herself out.

I talked to this GM recently about why I've been coming in late everyday. I wasn't told this prior to being hired, but they have me working 6am shifts, and I have IBS that is brutal in early mornings. I told her this, and said that the mgmt shifts don't start until 11, which would be easier for me. What does she do? Cuts my hours from 36 to 20 a week. Two ppl have already quit last week and its a small store so its not like there's much to rely on. The GM is picking up the shifts I should have now. I want to give the owners some feedback on this woman, but I don't know how to approach that. If the GM wants to run the store on her own, which is how she acts, then this store is going to fail, and I'll be out of a job either way.

11. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

Nobody in this town ever calls parks by their real names and it drives me crazy lol like everyone makes up their own names and then they confuse me. The parks have signs, okay!! You can't rename them!!

12. Carmen SD

Regular

Got a packet for benefits for my job so I can look over it before I am able to enroll. Vision is TERRIBLE. There are hardly any providers in my area that take that insurance. My current eye center doesn't take it so I'm kinda out of luck unless my bf can get me benefits thru his work. Medical has less options, and dental appears to let me stay with my same dentist, but idk how well the insurance is.

13. summertimejesus

Wordplay all day. Supporter

Dude I'm so sorry to hear that the GM at your new gig is like this! I'd talk to the owners for sure if you have a chance.

14. summertimejesus

Saw my neighbor taking his dog out without a leash yesterday and I live in Brooklyn! And his dog is tiny! I really don't get folks who don't bother putting a leash on their pup even if they're just circling the block. And also if you have a dog you should do more than just circle the block unless your dog is old or can't move well.

15. Carmen SD

Regular

I was told/found out today at work that if I don’t get the flu shot I have to wear a mask during flu season... I had mentioned that the flu shot wasn’t mandatory and optional and I never got it in my life and don’t want it. Let me also add I’ve never been told I had to wear a mask (if I wasn’t sick) if I didn’t get the flu shot

16. ryanfears

Trusted

Submitted my first college application (NYU!) yesterday. The idea that you have to pay so much money to submit an application is absurd.

17. summertimejesus

Best of luck!!!!!! And agreed.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

In a two week span my girlfriend broke up with me after approx 3.5 years, my car got ransacked at my folks house, and then a tree fell on it and totaled it. In my opinion...things have been less than ideal!!!

19. summertimejesus

Sending you good vibes!!

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. DickyCullz

Trusted

why does America put so much stock into your credit score??? I'm about to lose out on an apartment because my score is "concerning"

my last bank statement claimed it was 692 but the one I received today says 660 so I'm not sure what happened? I have a healthy bank balance and over $30k in savings (thanks divorce). I have one single credit card in America that only has a $500 limit (its what my bank gave me when I moved here last year) and it has about $100 of purchases on it. I usually pay 100-200$ off each pay cheque if I've used it which is rare. I have a car lease but otherwise I'm debt free, here or back in England. I don't even have a student loan.

I have a well paid job, steady income and moving in with my girlfriend is going to cut my current rent outgoings by $700. And I can live comfortably now! How does this make me a concern?

Sometimes this country is baffling

21. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

It's srsly the worst. Being in debt stresses me out so much. Its stupid you have to prove u are worthy by having credit cards and debt. I pay off my credit cards in full each month cause I can't stand to let interest grow lol. Debt gives me anxiety. When I was in college and working and had no loans and nothing but disposable income and thousands in savings but zero credit I couldn't even get a store credit card to help build my credit. I didn't get credit until I had to take out student loans and go thousands into debt. I think if you understand the system and play it right it works out, but like for me my parents declared bankruptcy and struggled with finances growing up so they were of no help. I had no courses in high school or college to help me understand credit or loans either. I try to read up but I have a difficult time with numbers so when articles discuss interest rate and cash back percentages and stuff I get overwhelmed and confused. I just like to spend the money that I have but it's like I'm punished if I do that??? I guess I compromise by using my credit cards as a month-delayed debit card lol cause I only spend what I have, but the entire thing is silly imo.

stars143 and DickyCullz like this.
  22. DickyCullz

Trusted

Exactly, I only want to spend the money I have. Live within my means, and I'm totally fine with that. I don't need to rack up credit card debt to get by. Its so strange that this is what gives you a "good" credit card score. Why can't be debt free be considered good? She's calling me tomorrow to go over my score, so hopefully she'll understand. It would just be so shitty to lose the apartment because I didn't put myself in debt.

23. scroopy.noopers

: (

just recently got denied housing due to credit score too. also got laid off yesterday and the company hasn't even told me yet lol.

24. summertimejesus

Sending you love hon ❤️.

25. rebecca

Regular

I have Hashimoto's Disease, Fibromyalgia, and bipolar disorder. My bipolar disorder is currently stabilized. I am experiencing severe fatigue likely due to one of the first two. I read my after care summary and my doctor wrote down that my fatigue is "due to depression." Either of the mental health professionals I'm seeing will say that my medications are working and I'm not depressed. I never mentioned anything related to depression during my appointment. If my mental health is suffering in any way, it's anxiety over my health and frustration with the poor care I'm receiving from doctors. I am so sick of this. Having a chronic illness is bad enough without having issues with doctors who don't care. Because I have multiple diagnoses, they'll just use one of them as a convenient explanation - I've been through this multiple times.