Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. stars143

Trusted

Note: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

This does not sound legal and is possibly wage theft. I would check with your state's department of labor or see if you can find a labor lawyer who will offer you a no-cost consultation on your situation.

Jams likes this.
  2. Jams

Trusted

[
    Last time I talked to someone about it they basically said I'm pretty much considered an independent contractor and the minimum wage, overtime, etc. laws don't apply to me. I don't know how this shit is legal but it's very frustrating. They told me I'm supposed to negotiate my pay but my boss flat out told me I'll never receive a raise and if I don't like the pay they can find someone else so that's not happening...

3. stars143

Trusted

If you talked to a professional and they said you are an independent contractor, then you probably are. Though just because a company classifies you as one doesn't mean they did so properly. These types of practices by companies make my blood boil.

I hope you're looking for a new gig!

Jams likes this.
  4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’d love it if spiders would stop finding their way into my car

SEMUSIC likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I never kill spiders anymore. I'll never help anyone kill a spider. Spiders are the guardians that kill the more annoying bugs, like gnats and flies and shit. Long live the house spider.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. My newest podcast episode, edited for time, is over two hours. I can’t wait for this to be ready to post and be out there because I’m sick as hell of it.

7. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Being a store manager is cool because 2 years ago I was making $12/hour as a supervisor and now I make a lot more than that.

What isn’t cool is 60 hour weeks, 18 hours straight, and 24 hours on in a 30 hour period when someone calls off. Fuck.

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I hate everything

9. Iain

Regular

People that talk during a film in the cinema? GTF

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like living in an apartment because I find it comforting to hear muffled sounds that remind me others are around and I'm not alone, but my God my upstairs neighbors are rly pushing it. I think they're newer cause I don't always remember it being so loud. Just constant like scraping as if they're rolling things or moving furniture or opening and closing drawers and their footsteps and their dogs paws scraping against the hardwood. It's worst when in my room which is where I sleep so I'm not a fan lol.

Also it's a no smoking building but ppl constantly smoke pot inside which is annoying cause I think it smells awful like sry I'm a square but if u wanna get high it's fine just like do it in a less smelly way?? It's a small building so I feel like the smell just gets trapped and lingers forever.

11. Applying to college is fucking terrible

12. stevie boi

sadness

Yes

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It would be so great if the woman who lived below us would stop smoking cigarettes in her apartment!! We all signed the same lease about this being a smoke free community and if my pack a day former smoker bf can quit so can you!

Also I’m sick and congested as fuck and I do not need your contraband cigarette smoke filtering into my apartment all goddamn day!!! Just go outside!!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Kiana like this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Cigarettes, the world's slowest assassin.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I always thought Steven Seagal was the world's slowest assassin.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Lmao I rly feel like she is trying to kill me bc I feel like I notice it most when I’m sick. I have like, a superhuman sense of smell though (which is, completely useless and annoying.)

Having been a smoker and having dated a smoker, I’ve tried to be like super patient abt it- I waited a few months before saying anything to the complex and said I couldn’t be sure where it was coming from because I didn’t want her to get evicted over it but it’s become an every day problem and I kinda just want to pin a “buy a vape” note to her door.

dadbolt likes this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You actually should do that, haha.

dadbolt likes this.
  18. Carmen SD

Trusted

Already frustrated with my new job. They have poorly communicated any information with me I asked 2 weeks ago before I left for vacation about training and never got back to me. I had to ask today yet no one told me anything. Also after I told them at the interview I don’t do mornings they’re putting me on mornings *angry face*

19. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

All I do is try to appease to others in my life. Besides my son I'm pretty sure no one gives a fuck about me. I'm outcasted by my family because I don't drink.

20. Kiana

I hate having stuff like I'm always wanting to get rid of things and I get overwhelmed by owning a lot, but then I also like shopping. Darn you, capitalism!!!! But rly I need to get rid of like everything I own. There's just too much. When I see all the stuff people who've lived in the same house for years accumulate I get so overwhelmed and anxious for them. Like when you die ur loved ones are gonna have to go thru all ur stuff! Don't do them like that! Throw it out or donate it or sell it or something! Except don't be like my moms side and try to pawn ur clutter and junk on family because they don't want it.

Tldr I love stuff and I hate stuff.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and mad like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have no idea where it all comes from, like I get logically if you buy a little at a time for years and never get rid of any of it it adds up but still
    it's also sad knowing that I'll have to just throw away a lot of my old clothes, no one is gonna want my graphic tees from high school those deserve to be burned

22. Kiana

I feel that way with my makeup. I have so much! I honestly wanna get rid of my vanity and just downsize everything. I throw out a bunch of makeup every so often but I srsly need to just stop buying it cause I have enough for a lifetime over here and nobody wants my used junk even tho I guess it could technically be sanitized but nah. I also have a lot of pajamas which is ridic but most of my pj's are old shirts with sentimental value

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. Kiana

Also I'm gonna whine

Plastic grocery bags suck. Here they don't even offer paper bags so when I forget my reusable ones or dont bring enough I have to get plastic. I just went under my kitchen sink and found so many plastic bags I have to take to recycling. I know I should remember my bags but I'd like a fall back plan!!

Also my parallel parking success rate is like 85% but I still hate the ppl who smoke outside the building and watch. I never have the guts to do it in front of others. Smoke on the other side of the building cause I'm a scaredy cat who doesn't like being watched!!

24. midnightxtaylor

Regular

My car died on the way to work yesterday for a shift I wasn't even supposed to be working but accidentally agreed to work. Like I was accelerating on the highway on ramp and it just turned off, coooool. Can't really afford a new car.

25. It’s so hard to give a shit about high school right now when I’m applying to college for music. Like I’m sitting in physics and I don’t have the motivation to pay attention cause it’s pointless after this year.