Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 65

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm so done with being dependent on anyone else. I'm on my dad's insurance and have a Dr appt so i ask for the insurance card and he says we have new insurance but he doesn't know what it is and doesn't have a card, but he'll look up the number. He still gives me no info hours later and I didn't even remind him directly. My sis wanted to go home and was my ride and asked if I was ready but I said I needed insurance info first. Then my dad freaked out how I've asked him "twenty" times and blah blah. So he never found out that info and I'm at the Dr saying lol sry don't know my insurance. I had to borrow my grandpa's car to take to the Dr and even tho I gave him notice he wasn't home when I went to take the car so I was late to my appt that I also don't have insurance info for.

Im just dooone. I should have my own car and insurance again soon which thank God because I'm tired of like having breakdowns about things not in my control and having to rely on others. And then I feel like i can't vent without being a jerk because they're doing me favors. I'm just done.

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m sorry for whatever’s going on. Here if you need to vent :(

angrycandy likes this.
  3. Carmen SD Jun 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2018)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Guy I work with got in a car accident and has been without a car for a few weeks. Now he’s asking for rides home or half way home then he will have a friend pick him up. It’s getting annoying because he asks me last min and I told him last time I don’t mind (once in a while) but let me know a head of time. It’s been like every time he works he asks for ride. Gas is near 4 a gallon and I’m have credit card debt and can’t keep up well right now because i get paid nothing

Edit: I forgot to add after I told him I was super low on gas he told me there’s a gas station on the way -.- I said I didn’t like getting gas at night (because I don’t). Seemed like he tries to get out of paying for a Uber or Lyft. Sucks about his car, but it was his fault and he should pay for the outcomes. If it wasn’t his fault I can sympathize more, but still I told him “once in a while” for ride not each time he works which seems like what’s happening

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

thank you :heart:

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. angrycandy

well you kissed someone else and now our relationship is over

thank you for ruining my life

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm sorry, man. :heart:

Mr. Serotonin and angrycandy like this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm kinda tired of society as a whole acting like I'm weird for not eating meat. It's really tiring to have my own sister be weird about it.

It's been 10 months now and I still miss certain things, but that doesn't mean I want people to offer me meat, and I really don't appreciate people repeatedly being like "Oh I could never do that. I dunno how you don't eat steak/chicken/whatever." It just makes you feel like an outsider and it's really uncalled for, I never make remarks about people eating meat, I just want to do my own thing.

I'm not particularly close to my sister, and we don't see each other much, but for someone who calls herself a "bit of a hippy" and stuff, she has a weird attitude. She is friends with one of my friends and apparently tricked him into eating meat despite knowing he was vegan. She also offered my chicken the other day and was laughing. Not sure what she finds funny but it's lame.

8. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

No need to answer to ANYBODY. You do you, fuck the haters. Enjoy your life as you want to live it, there's no shame in making a choice to be meat free. They feel uncomfortable, therefore they victimize you into feeling you're different, but don't let it bug you. My wife and I have close friends that are vegan, raising their kids vegan, and I absolutely love exploring new food with them. My wife isn't a big meat fan, and has slowly transitioned toward cutting it out of her diet, and has discovered many new food items she never would have considered from before. Had our friends over this weekend and made a ricotta, shitaki mushroom lasagna, that turned out amazing, and it's extremely likely that my wife won't eat meat again for a very long time. I'm excited to cook dishes she'll actually eat tbh...I can always cook a ribeye on the side :).

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Cheers!

I just wish more people were receptive. For every veggie/vegan I saw making meat eaters feel bad before I cut meat out, I now experience 10x that number in meat eaters making me feel bad or a nuisance, and it's very dispiriting. And at the same time, I still have a vegan friend (One of about 5 vegan friends) who is pushing me to go vegan quite intensely. It feels like I'm between two very pushy sides and it sucks at times!

Ah well. I'll just keep doing me. I do enjoy when people I have known for a long time find out I am veggie and act surprised. It makes me feel like I'm proving we aren't all pushy about it.

Ken likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I really feel for you man. Breakups are rough, especially when you're super invested in the relationship. It's a hard transition. It sucks. You'll make it through though.

angrycandy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. ChaseTx

Yeah, that sucks to get that from someone who by all means should understand it. It's fucked up for your sister to disregard peoples' beliefs like that. My family has been pretty accommodating surprisingly, but my sister just happened to go vegetarian around the same time I did. As far as people saying they couldn't do it, I always tell them it was a lot easier than I thought and has been great for my health and I enjoy talking about all the food I eat. Maybe someone will listen to me someday

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm super conscious to not talk about what food I eat now.

The woman who sits next to me at work was talking to two other colleagues about how she doesn't approve of how they eat dog in other countries, and she asked my opinion. I said it's just a cultural difference over what animals are acceptable to eat and it differs from here in the UK, and she said "Yeah but they keep them caged up." It's things like that where I just bite my tongue and go back to work aha. I feel like I can't talk about these things or it comes across as lecturing people and I really hate the thought of doing that!

13. ChaseTx

I just really enjoy talking about food. I don't bring up not eating meat unless it comes up, but it comes up pretty often. I don't feel like I'm lecturing because I'm just talking about myself. If I worked in a more abrasive conservative office or my family gave me a lot of shit about it, that would be something else though

Ken likes this.
  14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My office is pretty chill tbf, I just worry about this stuff a lot haha!

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. Kiana

I've been a vegetarian for like 13 years and it never ends honestly. People get so weird and threatened. My old boss would always say he would get me to eat meat before I ended my employment there and he'd tell new hires about my diet. And everyone always thinks they're the first one to say "haha do you want some steak??" And shove it in my face. Not to mention the interrogations about how I get my protein. I also get told to eat grass a lot. My family isn't super supportive and they get irritated by it but they've learned to deal. Eventually people will start to get over it but honestly I don't think people in general ever stop being kinda weird about it so just do you

iCarly Rae Jepsen and ChaseTx like this.
  16. angrycandy

thank you, Chase :heart:

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I avoided telling my mum for like two months, because she always took the piss out of vegetarians, but she's been totally ace and has been accepting. My dad just said "Eh, I couldn't do that, I love chicken too much. Good for you." which was weird but at least he's cool with it.

Like 50% of my friends are veggie/vegan so that really helps too. I think having a positive support network really helps and I probably would have struggled if my girlfriend ate meat or whatever.

Kiana and ChaseTx like this.
  18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This is terrible news, I’m sorry :(

angrycandy likes this.
  19. Kiana

Lately I've been spending too much money and then racking myself with guilt it's awesome. I have self control when it's just me, but if someone asks me to do something I like cannot say no. I bought all these groceries i need to eat before they go bad and im eating at a restaurant. Instead of eating the food i'd prepped and going to the gym like I was supposed to I spent money eating at a restaurant and didn't have time to go to the gym and tomorrow I will be busy too and it's stressing me out. I used to get off work at 4:00 but now I don't get off until 5:00 and the loss of that hour is way more difficult than I thought. It's like work, dinner, gym, sleep and that's it. I feel like I have so much less time and I have tons of time compared to ppl with kids

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

So my freshman year of college, one of my roommates became one of my best friends ever. We had a ton in common and hung out constantly, and he was ridiculously smart, like could probably be a famous scientist-level smart. Like this dude occasionally read physics textbooks for the sake of it.

But I transfer pretty far away after my first year. I try to keep in touch and text and for a while it’s alright, we talked every once in a while but it was never really about our actual lives. Eventually things drop off more and more and we’re just not really talking at all. This was probably early 2016? Idk.

Then a few months ago he hits me up out of nowhere with a new number and we reconnect as if no time had passed. We keep in touch for several weeks, but then he drops off the map again.

Tonight I tried texting him again, but his iMessage immediately didn’t go through so I tried calling and I got the disconnected noise. At this point I’m half mad but half worried that something may have actually happened to him. I have no other way of contacting him so I have no way of knowing.

So I say fuck it and just google his name hoping for the scarce chance that something would pop up. Imagine my surprise when a dozen news articles immediately pop up saying that in March 2017 he fucking robbed some sandwich shop with an airsoft pistol and was caught like 15 minutes later. I’m looking at his mugshot and just in total shock. He never even hinted at anything like this happening.

So now I don’t know what to fucking think. I just want to try to get in contact with him but have no idea how.

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

One of the article links I clicked was just a Facebook post from a news station linking to their article from back then, and the handful of comments under it make me so fucking mad. So much racist shit (he’s black and has dreds so, you know, how terrifying), I fucking hate all of these people. They don’t know fucking shit about him.

22. Kiana

I srsly hate living so far from venues. I have all these concerts coming up and I didn't rly think about booking hotels and in some cases airfare and now I have to get all that taken care of like sigh what I would give to live a few minutes away or like an hour or two away. And those are just the ones I get a luxury of a hotel and don't have to drive back the same night

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

How far are you from venues then?

The one benefit of being from the UK is being close to stuff. Where I live I can travel an hour and a half and be in London, Birmingham, Nottingham, which is cool, but I have to drive cause our trains suck.

24. Kiana

Closest is portland which is like 3 hours away with no traffic. Farther I'll usually go is Seattle which is about 5 hours away no traffic. I'll also go to Boise sometimes which is also 3 hours away but not ideal cause there's a time difference

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

“New” guy at work is still super slow. I’m running around doing pretty much everything. It seems like he doesn’t know how to cook- like he’s never stepped foot in a kitchen type or way. He will ask common sense questions and it’s annoying because he should know by now (been here for about a month). Today I showed him something for a meal (which was in the refrigerator) then a few minute later he ask the same question again , and I had to be like ‘I just told you’. He just looks so puzzled when cooking and reading the (simple) menu. Hell ask what some stuff is like he’s ever heard of the dish. I’ll give him pointers and he’ll just look really confused. I don’t know what to do. It’s frustrsting that I’m constantly have to keep telling him what to do