Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 61

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m so frustrated with the location I’m at. We literally have no ingredients to make meals that are assigned. It’s to the point where you’d have to change the entire meal but then there’s nothing to substitute because theres no food. It’s ridiculous. Everything is like 20+ years old too (not the food lol) so things are broken and need to be renovated. I’m so exhausted from how physically demanding this is and it shouldn’t be this way.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is like prime example of something small and ridiculous that bothers me, but my mom says "gal" instead of "girl" like "oh this gal from work" and it kills me. Idk why. Maybe it's because it's not regional slang and it's not slang anyone else around says for her to put it in her vernacular and I'm just like... say girl!! Like the way she stresses it in a sentence I feel like saying the world girl would be easier. #petty

3. Ken Apr 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2018)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

We need to make highway driving part of the driver's exam in PA. People have no idea WTF they're doing. You can't merge at 35 mph onto a 65 mph road.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’m making $600+ less a month now. It really sucks

5. Kiana

I hate when I get into a sanctimonious mood and can't snap out of it. But when something is morally wrong and there are no consequences I have a hard time accepting it. I need them to know they're wrong and face reprecussions. It kills me when they think they are right because I NEED them to know they're wrong. But certain people always see themselves as the victim and will never have perspective and it's hard for me to handle. I just seethe in frustration for the rest of my life because they won't take responsibility for their actions. Idk how to let certain things like that go.

6. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I really hate those generic as fuck "generate what your deceased loved one would say if they were here right now" posts going around on FB right now. Maybe that's cathartic for some but it just seems crass...

skogsraet likes this.
  7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’m not on FB so I haven’t seen it but that sounds like a really handy way to harness peoples’ grief only to collect their data and sell it

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

Last night I invited my friend to join my bf and I and his friend on an outing she’s been wanting to do for a long time. She tells me she’s tight on money so can’t. Then I see her tagged with someone doing something costly. Doesn’t make sense. Just say you already had plans for the day and will tag along another time.

This friend always does this. She wants to double date and when I invite her she can’t because of money. But when it’s the other way around, half the time it seems like I should just spend the money I don’t have anyway.

bachna84 likes this.
  9. skogsraet Apr 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2018)
    skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

My roommate’s boyfriend’s singing is the most annoying fucking thing to wake up to. Our living room has very high ceilings, so everything echoes, and he’s singing in the most annoying falsetto possible

10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

well, I got turned down for disability AGAIN

what's one more time tho

11. Jams

Trusted

When you have an item in your cart and by the time you get to the last page of the damn check out it sells out. Damn you Sephora and damn your sun safety kit!!!!

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I know it's not just as easy to 'get a lawyer!' but I feel like that would help. Either way I wish you luck!

angrycandy likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I'm getting one. enough is enough. thank you

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

It's frustrating how at my work you're made to feel obligated to work a double because they're so short staffed

15. angrycandy

not gonna call you out in front of everyone but you seriously get more and more intolerable every single fucking day. I have no idea how anyone can even stand you tbh

Ken likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

People who don't turn their headlights on in shitty weather. And they always seem to be grayish colored vehicles that blend in with the fog / rain / sleet.

skogsraet likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

one of my coworkers cried today bc she only made like 40 bucks in tips (which admittedly is a shitty way to end the day after spending hours carrying out the will of whoever sits at yr table) but like it really rubs me the wrong way how everything is conspiring against her in her version of events when that's usually not true. she blamed one of our other coworkers for "stealing her tables" when that's not what happened at all, not to mention no one made a lucrative amount today bc it wasnt particularly busy. stirring up shit for the sake of it is annoying

HOWEVER crying bc you made 40 bucks and being pissed yr income fluctuates so drastically which leads you to want an hourly wage that makes a difference on top of tips / a livable wage which in turn makes you see the exploitation of yr bosses no matter how nice they are and puts into perspective the evil that one experiences at the hands of a system that only cares about a select few? that sounds lit as fuck in the version of this that ends with positive change

tl;Dr work kinda sux and it's a pervasive bummer

18. Carmen SD

Trusted

My company will put you up in a fancy hotel with a full kitchen so you can work a different location because they’re “desperate”, but they can’t afford to replace 30 year old blackened cookware that you can buy at Walmart for probably under $20

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I asked this guy at the gym how many sets he had left and he was like, two.

But he didn’t and kept using it and he was like shouldn’t wait for me.

Like wtf mannn

20. Kiana

I hate job application processes that are super long and repetitive. ur rly gonna make me restate everything multiple times in multiple different places??

I'm sure jobs think they're being all slick by making the process bloated and time-consuming to gauge if someone is rly interested/dedicated but all it does is start me on a bad foot where I think they're extra af.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It pisses me off when they ask for a resume and then ask you to fill in all the information already on your resume

And then spending like 30 minutes on a job application that doesn’t even need to ever reply to you

22. Kiana

Lol yep i had to give then my resume but then fill in an app that asked for everything on my resume. They also had me submit references electronically but then asked for references again on their application. Like at this point it feels like more work for me and for them.

23. Kiana

I woke up two hours before my alarm and then started finally getting sleepy again when I have to get up. Life is cruel.

24. Jams

Trusted

I love my OB/GYN. She is a wonderful doctor, but omg the scheduling at her office is the worrssstttt. I had to get a new phone and for some reason everything transferred over but my calendar didn't. I couldn't remember exactly when my appt was but I remembered it was a Tuesday at 9:15 in May. I was gonna let it go and wait for the courtesy call but it was making me anxious not knowing so I called just to see. Yeah they changed their days around and instead of giving exams on Tuesdays and Thursdays are now doing Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and never bothered to call me and let me know or reschedule my appt. Now I have to take off work on a Monday bc they can only get me in that day at 11 a.m. and I need an appt before I run out of my pills. They do this allllll the time and I'm just sitting here wondering how many people are going to show up for appts that they didn't know got cancelled.

25. Kiana

I'm frustrated with where my life is. I did nothing today. An entire day wasted. I keep telling myself in a few years when I have more job experience and can move to a bigger city and have the money to go out and do things I'll finally get my life started. I always feel like my life will really "start" eventually but I'll I'm doing is wasting time. I need to make something happen but I'm not necessarily sure how to kickstart it. Thus... frustration.

Jams, Zoshchenko and skogsraet like this.