Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 57

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i'm really sorry that you feel this way. i can definitely relate to feeling unwelcome here sometimes. for what it's worth, there are plenty of good people on this site and there are definitely threads where only those people hang out. it's usually just the news posts and the tour forum that get really bad. if you're ever super frustrated or feel like you need back up w/ shitty men, i'm your girl. feel free to reach out whenever. :heart:

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

The frustrating part of my job is you’re not allowed to leave unless someone comes in to relieve you. I was feeling ill yesterday and wanted to leave early but couldn’t until someone else got there. Which was 2 hours after I asked to leave early. This is what happens when they intentionally short staff evening shift. So I was miserable waiting unable to be productive.

3. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Hate customers who immediately get an attitude if they have to think/explain what they want or GOD FORBID have to wait for service be it because of a line or something with the computers. Everyones got the same amount of time in the day and dealing with tryna flex this life shit like everyone else. Don't be a rude impatient asshole. Decency and understanding will get you far.

bachna84 and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I think my co worker asked to have the day off just for “date night” or something. Which is pretty messed up imo considering the fact that she JUST had a few days off, has another day off within the next 2 days AND it’s her weekend off rotation -.- also she’s been trying to get by not doing certain tasks when I’m off so I’m stuck doing them. I’ve been by myself doing more work than her. Don’t understand it

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate when people argue about phones. Literally who cares what phone someone else uses?? Then apple users will be like wow android users always bashing iPhones pathetic!! And vice versa and I'm like no you are all equally annoying and weird lol. What kind of phone that's worth it to u depends on how u use it and what u want so like wheres the argument??? An expensive iphone will never be worth it to me cause I don't use my phone a ton but for someone who does, I'm sure it is worth it. Like... who cares.

ChaseTx, Carmen SD, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Sounds like something a droid user would say

justin. and St. Nate like this.
  7. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

It bugs me that I can't get immersed in video games like I use to.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don't like the fact that I have to ask my 62 year old mother how her job interview went.

This situation sucks.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. Kiana

My coworker/friend/mom figure is almost 60 and makes less than me and it isn't enough to survive off of. Once her kid goes to college and stops helping with rent she's basically screwed if she doesn't get a second job. I feel like at a certain age u deserve security and I rly hope it went well for ur mom!!!

St. Nate likes this.
  10. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

People. Who. Cannot. Take. The. Hint. When. Its. Time. To. Leave. . . . . . . . . . .WHY!?

I'm sorry but I don't even like myself enough to wanna be around me longer than I need be, why you completely ignoring or oblivious to "Alright, well that was fun, but time to go." cues, especially when it's late or I'm with someone (usually my lady), what make you think you're the special one I secretly NEVER WANT to leave?
    Only person that is is my girl, and even she has "Leave me alone" moments.

Don't be the guy/gal making your friends/peers feel awkward feeling the need to literally tell gtfoh, pick up on the cues, I don't like being so blunt and suddent, makes me feel rude but fucking hell smh

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

Yet again I come into work (I’m by myself btw and I’m suppose to have another staff member with me) and everything is a mess, yet again. But get this...morning shift had not two, but THREE people. And things that should have gotten done didn’t get done. There shouldn’t be an excuse. So called “friend”/co worker was trying to tell me “why” it didn’t get done (eye roll emoji) excuses she always make to not do things so I can do them. I told her she knows I’m by myself, then she tries telling me that we’ve all done it (bs. Another eye roll emoji) because this is slightly a different situation and this is very recent so no it’s not an “we’ve all done it” situation otherwise I wouldn’t have said anything about it.

I’m also frustrated that she tried to be shady and get out of paying me gas money again (never got what she owed me). Luckily things changed last min (the current situation above). There’s no way she’s going to intentionally set it up so I have to drive (as always while she makes an excuse why she can’t while not giving me gas money)

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

Co worker was super rude for no reason. Asked a simple question and got a snappy response of “I just told you” and ran out the door. So quick to leave I didn’t get a good report. Next time I’ll notify the admin. Also the question I asked him is opposite what’s documented! That’s false documentation and that’s illegal! This guy also acts like a know it all at times like he thinks he knows what’s better and when is a better time to do certain duties. He also does things he’s not “suppose” to and kinda does his own thing. Can’t stand him rn

13. David-

Trusted

So I dunno how many of y'all work(ed) in fast food or specifically a Sonic, but holy shit I'm so mad. So we have the cash we give the car hops and stuff. They count it every night at close. We're kinda supposed to count it in the mornings, but isn't a huge deal if we don't.
    Well, I'm the opening manager. The closing manager left a LOT of stuff unfinished. Trash was full, stuff wasn't stocked up. So I did it myself. Whatever. Well, I didn't count the cash. So I get a text from him basically being like "You can't tell me you were so busy you couldn't do something so easy." Bruh. Y'all don't know how pissed off I was. So I was like, okay, you wanna talk shit we can talk shit. I explained to him that it could've been done if I didn't do his job for him. So now he's literally not talking to me, and on the slip when he opened the other day, he wrote "took 5 minutes". I'm so done with adults acting like they're 12. Like, if you don't like me, cool. Whatever. But don't act like a kid and make our shift way more difficult than it's gotta be because you wanna whine .

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

I am very upset at the fact that I was gone for several days and looked at charting and certain care hasn’t been done! There’s literally A LOT of time due to several people on leave. NO EXCUSE! I don’t know what went on for 8 hours but there’s time! Same person who tried telling me there’s time for the same task with no one on leave. I don’t understand. I’ve always had a feeling this person always didn’t do things purposely just so I have to do it when I get back. I’m very angry

15. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I got involved in a facebook group thread that got me heated and reminded me of a conversation between a close friend and I. It was basically a conversation about tipping and both in the thread and my friend used phrases like "entitled" and "unskilled worker" and just ugh the condescension is incredible.
    What I really don't understand is when someone in a field says tipping is standard according to etiquette (for the example in the thread, it was a hotel maid saying it. In my case, I deliver catering to businesses and set up catered lunch etc) and someone's like "nah I don't think it's standard, I've never done it" and it's like ok so first off you're not listening to THE PERSON WHO DOES THE JOB and, I would think, has far more experience and expertise. Second off, it's a simple google solution. Google will tell you how wrong you are. Etiquette is not something that I personally decided on. It's something society already abides by. I'm not even saying it's right or wrong but it IS on some level "expected"

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah idk when people are paid a separate minimum wage based on the existence of tipping, that seems pretty standard to me. people will find any reason not to tip smh

17. David-

Trusted

Working a job where people get tipped, yeah, it's pretty frustrating.

Lady literally handed me a $20 one time, and said "I just need $19.50. You keep the rest"

GrantCloud and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

someone tipped me in the loose change they had in their pocket and the remaining two dollars on their gift card to our restaurant once so i definitely feel you

David- likes this.
  19. David-

Trusted

Omg my favorite thing is when people give me gift cards to where I work.

Granted something actually threw they're loose change at me one time cause of a price so I guess a gift card isn't the worst thing .

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  20. Carmen SD

Trusted

Ugh I can’t do attitude. Co worker came in for night shift and I was sitting there to give report while he was chit chatting and didn’t acknowledge me. (He’s given me attitude quite a few times before and it’s gotten worse since I told him not to forget to document). When I told him if he was ready after 10 minutes he had a tone to his response. Like Jesus Christ clam down. It was so bad that he pretty much ignored my presence I wanted to clock out and leave

21. scroopy.noopers Mar 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2018)
    scroopy.noopers

: (

Tried buying a DJ controller from someone on Craigslist and after agreeing on a time and place to meet, they ghosted me. Here I am, trying to give them money, and they don't get back to me. Its possible they sold it to someone else, but at least have the decency to tell me instead of letting me wait around.

Update: found a seller for a cheaper price and after saying he accepts PayPal, he blocked me. I've been trying to buy a used controller for months and this always happens even when I have cash on hand. Its ridiculous.

22. Kiana

-I hate Spring. The sun comes out so everyone wants to hang outside but it's not actually warm yet so it's unenjoyable. Also has the dumbest holidays tbh.

-My door handle fell off to my bedroom one day and I could not find the lil screw that keeps the handle on so I couldn't fix it. But then I found the screw in my bed randomly???? but it's a tiny screw and my screwdiver was too big so I stashed the screw away so I wouldn't lose it until I could borrow a screwdriver from my dad, but yeah I lost the screw again

23. Jams

Trusted

I’ve had no internet for 3 days now. Which means I haven’t been able to work for 3 days so that’s 3 days without pay. I’m so mad rn and no one can give me any answers about what’s going on or when it’ll be fixed.

24. Jams

Trusted

I finally got the internet people to send out a tech to see what was happening. Turns out a squirrel chewed through all my wires so he replaced them and got my internet back up and running. Gooood I can finally get back to work....or not!!! Today I find out work has no jobs for me to do so I get to lose another day of pay:redanger:That's 4 days of no pay this week. Last week the system crashed so I had to miss a day. Then they had bad weather so work was slow so I had 4 half days. My paycheck is going to be basically nonexistent. Time to stresssssss!!

25. Jams

Trusted

Apparently this is now the Jamie whines about her job thread so here I am again lol But I am so irritated with the company I work for rn. I get paid 2 different pay rates depending on the type of job I do. One is significantly more than the other bc it requires more work on my end. Well guess who hasn't been paid the higher rate 2 days in a row now???? :redanger:I have to manually go in and check after every job I do to see if I am being paid the right amount now which is absolute BS. And when I emailed my TL about it she just said she would "pass it on for consideration" Like whattttt?????? Y'all had better give me the money I EARNED. I need a new job so bad bc they pull shit like this constantly and I'm over it.