Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 55

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I think I’m by myself yet again at work. They don’t find any covers because there’s no one to cover literally. We were told that this doesn’t happen that you’re by yourself but I guess it does. This makes me want to find a new job

2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I made it into a fairly prestigious philosophy forum on Facebook. I just left the group and I can't process why I did it. People immediately messaged me asking why I left and I deactivated my entire Facebook account over it. I guess its like, those were the only people I felt could understand me so when they couldn't understand me, they were the only people I could understand and it freaked me out. I thought I had more composure than this.

Kiana likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

People who cannot communicate effectively should not hold positions of power.

angrycandy likes this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

If you're my best friend in the world and you don't even have the common courtesy to ever text me first, to ever ask how I'm doing, to ever ask how my health is, to ever try and make plans with me, then I guess you aren't much of a best friend, in fact I would say you're not much of a friend at all. I'm so sick of feeling like you put others before me in any and every given situation. You can't even tell me that you're having twins. This is exactly why I don't put stock in friendships anymore. I'm beyond disappointed and hurt by all of this but hey, what are friends for, right?

5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Poop

6. Oscyy

Pity the living

Started a new job this week. Still sitting alone at lunch during orientation even though I told myself I wouldn't be so introverted this time around. Ughh the feels

fame likes this.
  7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Rent is too god damn high in the nyc tri state area

summertimejesus likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Rent is too high everywhere

Carmen SD likes this.
  9. Kiana

I am putting an embargo on ppl moving to Oregon. Y'all need to stop raising the rent.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I visited Portland once and really enjoyed it but I've pretty much ruled out ever living in the PNW because I can't stand how passive-aggressive the region tends to be. I'm from the SF Bay Area and it's bad enough there and seems to get worse the farther north you go on the West Coast!

11. Kiana Jan 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2018)
    Kiana

tbh I never rly get it when people say stuff like this. Not just cause it's my region but I always hear "oh in California/the south/NYC/etc people act like this..." and I guess I never really notice. I do tend to be in my own lil world and I admittedly don't travel much but also ppl are so different I never rly get the sweeping generalizations of regions. I have spent a lot of time in southern California and Oregon and haven't noticed any sort of differences like that between the two areas.

It's funny cause when I lived in pdx I thought ppl were so nice. ppl would jump to help if anyone needed it and were super friendly to myself and others I witnessed. But when my sister lived in pdx she complained about how rude everyone was and how they were all just in a rush and didn't care about anyone else. ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE RIGHT. WHO IS IT??

a billion edits later. I need to go to bed wtf lol

summertimejesus likes this.
  12. Kiana

also my actual vent is ppl who can't use technology. At work we just switched to a new system to log our hours. It used to be paper and now it's electronic and people are BUGGING. And I'm no expert. I have like no socials and barely use my phone so if anything I feel behind my gen usually. I shouldn't judge because I've grown up with tech and it's prob more intuitive to me for that reason, but sometimes I'm like SERIOUSLY. The amount of time I spend showing people how to get to their email or upload a picture... IT ppl around the world, bless u

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

My roomate is a turbo-bro and grossly homophobic.
    I've gone out of my way to lie to him to get him off my back.
    I usually just don't talk about my sexuality unless asked directly about it but this is the first time I don't feel safe disclosing it.
    This is also the first time I've felt vindictive about it.
    He's the type of guy who will apologize profusely but continue to use the same language to perpetuate a paper-thin concept of masculinity when I'm not around.
    I don't just want to tell him, I want to have fun with it.
    He's very explicit about his exploits so I'm thinking something in a similar vein.

14. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I flew cross-country on Monday on a plane full of coughing people and now I'm sitting at work feeling like death. Tomorrow I'm supposed to work a long shift too. This is why I avoid people ugh.

Oscyy likes this.
  15. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

That sucks!! Feel better!!!

16. SEMUSIC

I have plans to move to another city in the spring and I'm most likely going to be doing it by the skin of my teeth because I really wanna follow my dreams again and I hate where I live now (which is also somewhere I sort of moved to go follow my dreams as well). Work is slow, I'm not making money, can barely afford to eat and I had a short lived fling with my manager who sort of lead me on and then it crashed and burned. I'm glad I did it in a sense because now I now and I never have to wonder what if? But I also am sad I took the risk and ruined our friendship we had. I talked to him everyday for the last year or more and now I hear nothing. I'm just sad the way things turned out and I got myself in way too deep too fast like always but I'm so used to rejection that I shouldn't be surprised. I know it will pass and I know it's for the best and now I have zero roots tying me down for my move but I'm still hurt.

17. Oscyy

Pity the living

I just started working in an emergency room lol I feel the same. Kill me now.

18. Kiana

I hate when supervisors have no backbone. Like they get a complaint about u and say something like "just go along with it." Trying to make it seem like they are on ur side without making u mad. Like pick a side. Either reprimand me or defend me. None of this playing both sides bs.

This didn't happen to me recently, but it has before and I just remembered how much it annoys me lol.

Mr. Serotonin and Joe4th like this.
  19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can’t with the attitude of the night worker at my work. She is honestly so lazy and only wants to do the minimal or doesn’t/refuses to do certain duties that are her job. She refused to put a client to bed because “it’s not her job” yet she’s on the clock and it’s her shift!! I was so angry when she pulled that attitude “that’s not me” when it is because it’s her shift.

I also can’t with the admins forcing you to do things your not comfortable with. They don’t care about my anxiety and how I literally not comfortable doing transportation but they don’t care. Complainer girl tried saying “everyone’s who knows me knows I hate driving and I do it” -.- like it’s going to change anything for me. I’ll go into an anxiety attack which has happened before. I need to find another job

20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Double spaces after a period.

People who turn one direction slightly before turning another.

People who exit highways without turn signals.

Joe4th likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

ken

I just want to say I approve your avatar

Ken likes this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I hate that I posted in the rogue one thread about liking the movie a lot and how it's become my favorite and several people rush in just to shit on my opinion. The best part is seeing some jabroni post a link to a shitty youtube review that's over half an hour long lol. fuck off.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Feel like if someone can't articulate their opinion without a YouTube link they should consider more deeply whether they actually care at all or if they're being mean for the sake of it lol. Rogue One is definitely one of the better SW movies but even if it wasn't........no reason for strangers to jump down yr throat

thenewmatthewperry and Ken like this.
  25. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Fucking redlettermedia. You want to incite an argument in the entertainment forum as of late, that’s a pretty solid go-to.

Ken likes this.