Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 50

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

imma be selfish for a moment and whine about all my friends who have kids now and how that makes it harder to do fun things. But rly. I had a good friend and we would often just hang out impulsively and have all nighters and stuff and now that she has a kid I don't have a person like that anymore and it bums me out. Everything has to be so planned out in advance for a babysitter and I do enjoy her son a ton, but idk it's hard to just have one on one hang outs now or to plan fun trips.

My other friend and I haven't hung out in like a year now. The last time we did we went out for dinner and she brought her son and he cried the entire time so we couldn't talk. Then when I suggested hanging out over the summer she suggested watching her son play at the park or doing some gardening and I'm sry but I cannot.

It just sucks and I'm sure it makes me a terrible friend but idk at the same time it's weird to not feel like ur in the same place in life anymore. With the first friend we still make it work, but the second one and I have just drifted apart.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Not by any means a terrible friend, its definitely a hard reality to get used to, i have a lot of friends with kids and its hard to see them. Some make time and some dont, just how it is and it defn sucks to be on this side of it. I hear ya for sure

Kiana likes this.
  3. Kiana

yeah I've noticed that it depends on the kind of person if the friendship gets maintained? Like I know ppl who are so into being a wife and mother that it becomes their whole life and identity. And I'm glad it's important to them but idk how to relate to them and they don't know how to relate to me anymore cause literally all they talk about is their husband and kids and I'm not interested in that. I think those ppl end up befriending others living that family life who can relate, which is fine. But with my friends who aren't like that, we seem to make it work. I also work with kids for a living so I don't want to hang out with kids or talk about kids constantly with my free time cause then it's just like work only I'm not getting paid for it lol.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's so weird to me that I am technically old enough to have kids, not emotionally of course, like one day all the moms with babies started looking my age and it blew my entire mind

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think my girlfriend's friend is the worst. She made us move our plans for a bonfire to (last) Sunday so that she could go to it and then she tweeted a few days later how she was excited to go to Disneyland on Sunday. Straight up never even told us she couldn't make it after making us move the plans just for her

6. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

I wish people were more considerate - in all areas of life. Here's to wishful thinking!

7. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have to friend who does that ALL the time. She'll want to get together so I make myself free for her to never hit me up. She also never listens. Always keeps wanted to make plans while I'm working. I don't know how many times I've told her I work a late shift and which days I have off. Like it hasn't changed for over a year I've been at my shitty company. You'd think she keep that in mind

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

My work makes it difficult to call off. They're understaffed and if you call off they either tell you no you have to come in, try to get you to come in for a little bit or get mad at you. They actually only do this to certain people. While the frequent call-offers have nothing happen to them

9. Kiana

Yesterday my sister came over and left my nephew's fave blanket that he can't sleep without. She text me to arrange for someone to pick it up and she was rude af because I had plans and wasn't home. I wasn't planning on being home until late, and was with a group of friends. I wasn't trying to be difficult. I offered to carry the blanket around with me and let her know where I was when her mother in law got off work to meet me, but that wasn't good enough. I was supposed to be celebrating a friend's achievement but instead was getting really stressed and upset. I have a history of going out of my way for ppl, espesh family, so being treated like that for the one time I was busy and couldn't was upsetting. I ended up arranging it to get her the blanket, but my feelings are still hurt. When I tried to explain how I felt yesterday she told me she didn't need a lecture which upset me more. I'm not lecturing - I'm standing up for myself. But I don't want to tell her to apologize cause I'm not about forced apologies. So I'm prob not gonna get an apology or explanation and will once more be the doormat who goes out of their way for ppl and gets stepped on constantly.

10. scroopy.noopers

: (

i just got a chromebook because i needed something light and simple for school, and i'm realizing now that it doesn't have a right click function. whoever thought making the entire finger/mouse pad a left-click button is a fucking idiot

TSLROCKS likes this.
  11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Forgive me if it's been said, but Rodan and Fields "consultants" on social media. Your posts are annoying. The other "consultants" that automatically comment on them like bots are also annoying. Get a grip people.

12. Kiana

My friend recently had me look at her expenses to help her budget and I was like wtf is Rodan and Fields and why do u spend so much on it??? When she told me it was skincare and not a loan or something I died. I'm sorry but these people who sell each other these products... it's usually such a ripoff. Not only are they overpriced af but the consultants are cult-like and never shut up about it.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, it's all so bizarre. I'm all for side hustles and making a buck, but it is so cult-like.

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I really dislike having to talk to sales people at like cars/phone places.

I just wanted to look at phones and this dude kept asking me all these questions and I was like chill homie just let me look.

I then had to do the awkward way of trying to leave and everything makes me feel awkward and I just wanted to walk in and check out phones and leave. Blah.

15. Kiana

Today we all received a work email that was like take care of yourselves when you're not feeling well, but.... we are short-staffed and have no coverage whatsoever if you're gone so don't actually be gone but also take care of yourself, but also be here always. It sucks. Super frustrating and demoralizing on a Monday morning.

16. Jams Sep 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2017)
    Jams

Trusted

Work messed with my account and ever since then every day when I log in, it tells me there are no jobs for me to do when there are like 100. I have to email support every single day only for them to tell me "everything looks normal" and reset it. It works but then as soon as I log back in the next day, same issue. And since I'm paid on production, that means I'm not producing any lines. When I don't produce any lines, I don't make any money. So I have to sit here until they figure it out and not get paid. I wish they would just not change my account settings bc this shit happens every time they do! I am so frustrated and feel like I'm wasting so much time and it's not fair I'm not getting paid for my time when it's THEIR fault!
    Edit: So after 2 hours I was finally told by my boss that this is not a mistake and how she decided to set up my account. Because that makes a ton of sense. I'm sitting here with no work, they are BEGGING people to help, but she set it up so I can't work for that client even though I'm trained to. I hate this job so much.

17. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Trying to listen to something and someone talks to you about (anything really but in this case) something you don't give 2 shits about and you entertain it at first to be decent and not rude; get it over with, right? However, soon as you think its over and go back to whatever they say something more.... over.... and... over... again...

[​IMG]

18. cheesus

Im an introvert and most of my friends are extremely extroverted. A lot of misunderstandings and communication problems happen as a result. Gets super frustrating

19. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

TV remotes need to be made with some sort of beeper or something you can press a button to find when it inevitably gets lost.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

people who employ guilt trips as any sort of mechanism against people are trash, people who divert from their blame/the topic to guilt trip are even worse.... and I am progressively more and more short (like literally not having anything for, even verbally "yeah okay" level type) with people of that ilk cus I find their backpedaling/struggling for strawmans annoyingly amusing... like if youre gunna dick me around ill dick you around with how you dick me around type shit. maybe that makes me not much better but if even in the least I don't have to deal with those people again, that's too soon so I'm fine with that.

cheesus likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’ve mentioned before on here about how my mom is super into this “financial guru’s advice.”

She kept critiquing me on what I was spending on my money on and then she had the nerve to buy a financial package from him that cost over $120.

I was like are you serious!? I spend my money on mostly food and you buy this pointless package.

22. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

My Mom isn't into the gurus and stuff but she will do stuff like this and it annoys me endlessly cus I know she hates spending money and counts her kids, but will do random shit like... Getting on me how theyre broke for weeks then turn around and drop 1k$ on my sister who will literally call her a slut and all this crazy shit, or my brother (who I love, just not in a good place atm) a car; well cosigned, under the premise he kept a job [he didn't, which complicates both the car situation and the fact he has a case over his head and needs a job].

And I'm here like you're (inaccurately) trying to compute what me and my girl make to give to you.... they don't give you shit.. but you drop all this money??? You got on me for dropping 34$ on some sweatpants but you do all this? Get outta here.

23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

What does this guru even do?

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I never wanted to quit a job so badly. The hardest part about wanted to leave is my patients. Some of them are so happy when certain people are working (I am one of them), but management/corporate suck big time. Management keep creating these stupid "policies" that make no sense and actually create more issues. We're understaffed so if someone calls off (which usually happens on morning or night shift) and screws evening shift over the most. Evening shift gets asked to come in early or stay late the most out of all other shifts. They also post the schedule a week in advanced (stupid), and then last min they ask you to come in stay late or come in early knowing certain days have no one working. They get mad at people constantly calling off, like people get sick, you have your weekly call offer that should be put on probation because you never know when they're going to show up, then when someone calls off sick one time out of a year of working, you make them feel guilty. They also lie through their teeth when you bring something up- and try to justify it with a bs lie/excuse.

25. Jams

Trusted

I feel like the harder I work the less I get paid and I'm just over it.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.