Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 40

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

After working 100+ hours this pay period and finally have some time off, I'm being asked to come in because they're super desperate. They literally have no one because they approved multiple people time off at the same time when they already didn't have anyone to cover maybe thinking they will by then. I saw the schedule and it was a bunch of blanks and there is no way I'm taking over more than one hall. Plus this past week as been terrible and chaotic and its not even full moon week. I had co worker constantly trying to get me to to bounce from meds to care (they were short staffed due to bunch of call offs and this co worker doesnt stay on task and will ask you to do things they should be doing and take you away from things you need to get done), like I don't have time atm bc I need to do meds by a certain time.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I text my rm about what happened last night and she apologized and said it was rude. I kinda vented more and told her that I feel like I'm living in a college dorm and I hate having to tell her not to do things that should be super obvious. Like the whole saga where she had those randos living with me for months should not have to be spelled out. Her dogs pooping on the floor shouldn't have to be spelled out. Neither should being super loud at midnight on a weekday. I told her I feel like an annoying nagging mother and I don't like to feel that way. She should know these things. I feel like she does know and is just self-centered and doesn't think anything through further than her instant gratification. Then she apologizes afterwards but continues being cluelessly disrespectful.

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's a bummer. Cluelessly disrespectful can quickly get to the point where it's more grating than someone being intentionally disrespectful

4. Kiana

Yeah cause at some point it's like okay you can't just be clueless about it forever. At some point you gotta start thinking about others. Like it was understandable when we were teens but it's not cute or endearing anymore as we get older (I mean it never was, but at least it was more excusable). But then again I always get roped back in so I got issues too lol

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I don't know where to put this or if I should put it anywhere at all, but I've been feeling down more than usual about not really having friends. I rarely get lonely and I feel very lucky to have an incredible partner who is my best friend, but outside of her, I don't really have anyone. There's no one to text, no one to hang out with, chill and talk with... And it's pretty much been a common theme throughout my whole life. I spent a ton of time alone as a kid, rarely if ever seeing kids from school outside of school, so I've never really known what it's like to be a part of a tight knit group or to have stable friendships.

I need to own up to the fact that I haven't been the greatest of friends to people in the past. I'm too introverted for my own good, which often leads to poor communication as well as a complete failing to initiate any plans or conversation.

It's just frustrating. It all makes me wish I was a different person, which is not a feeling I enjoy having.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can relate somewhat. The only things that's different is I have no partner and I get lonely a lot

7. Iain

Regular

wow, I am in a similar boat to you in regards to the top paragraph. When i was younger, I never really saw pals outside of school, so once school ended, I ended up fading away from them. Got a great lady, who is my best friend and we have a blast together. I wouldnt change that for the world.

I guess the thing that is bumming me out at the moment is that so many people around me are getting married and that if I propose to my gal, I feel like i don't actually have a best man, or friends to even invite.

Edit: this was meant to have quoted @Zoshchenko

Zoshchenko likes this.
  8. Kiana

I have my Sims and Forensic Files. Forensic Files makes it so our relationship is never stale. In this last episode nobody even died! Always keeps me guessing!

Yesterday at the thing I was at everyone was talking about their kids and their husbands and all these life milestones and I was like.... i saw Radiohead. It did make me a bit grateful for my lack of baby/husband tho tbh. I can still impulsively do fun stuff, am not always broke from baby stuff, and I only have to answer to the law! It does get boring sometimes tho. Sometimes i wish i had more friends but truthfully i get overwhelmed if I don't get a lot of "me" time. I have like 2 friends and am mostly just close with my family.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've never had more than like a couple of friends at a time and I don't have IRL friends right now, just y'all, I like doing stuff by myself and it's hard to know how much you're missing out on until you try it and see I like this or I don't but trying is mad hard and scary

TedSchmosby likes this.
  10. Kiana

Oh my god this episode of Forensic Files is talking about "mosh dancing" and how its a popular trend of slamming your bodies into one another. Dead. FF keeps me laughing too!

Now they're speculating the connection of murderers and ppl who play dungeons and dragons. I cannot.

11. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

A large percentage of people in this town don't seem to know how a stop sign works. Everyone just fucking sits there, then you finally pull out and nearly get into an accident.

12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

sitting at the stop sign on their phones? the fucking worst

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

or just in general people who use their phones while driving, if I die because you were texting and we got into a car accident I'm haunting the shit out of you, I don't care if ghosts aren't real

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Just seeing another person on the road makes me angry.

MikeyPaine, jjnunn118, mad and 3 others like this.
  15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

^^^

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

People who sit themselves at dirty tables can go eat a dick. Seriously one of my biggest work pet peeves.
    Especially when there are clean ones available, or if I've spoken to them and said "just give me a second to clear it, then they decide to ignore me and sit there and I awkwardly have to clean around them.

AelNire, Carmen SD and Kiana like this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Do you guys know anyone who uses/buys/sells that Plexus weight loss bullshit? My wife purchased a few months supply and tried to get to me to take it. I don't know if she plans on buying anymore, she hasn't been super consistent with taking it. Every time it comes up, we argue about it. She thinks I'm just being a dick and hating on people who are trying to get healthier. On the other hand, I can't believe she actually bought into it and it bugs me because the whole thing is a MLM and those things are never straightforward.

I have no problem with people changing their lifestyles for the better, but spending a ton of money on "plant based" supplements that you mix into your drink that touts itself as a way to help mental health, blood sugar, energy levels, appetite, etc and every other health problem under the sun is bullshit. I can't believe people actually buy into this stuff. There's very little clinical studies available for it and the FDA made them change the language on their website because it didn't follow their guidelines. One of my wife's best friends posts something about 3 times a day. I want to call her out on her bullshit but that would not go over well given her friendship with my wife. Then I'd look like an asshole (but maybe I am).

It pisses me right off.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I drink a "plant based" ("natural") whey protein powder, I don't know if that's different than what you say, but a lot of personal trainers recommend it, so who am I to say no? Granted, there is other stuff I definitely wouldn't touch.

19. Dog with a Blog

What is sleep

20. Kiana

I'm so tired. I knew I would be getting home so late, but my friend last minute was like hey can I stay at ur house and I never sleep comfortably with ppl at my house so I woke up every half hour. Then she forgot to turn off her alarm and it woke me up 1.5 hours earlier than I was supposed to and I almost killed her lol. I feel like I got hit by a truck. I want a redo where I sleep with nobody here.

21. Jams

Trusted

I need a new job immediately. This job is shit for my mental health. The pay is shit. There are no benefits. I keep getting contradictory info from all the higher ups. My client asks me to do it 1 way, my TL says ignore the client do it this way. I'm never trained for anything. They just keep throwing more shit at me and give me a piece of paper with the "rules" but none of it is clear at all and half of the info I need isn't even on there. When I ask questions I get different answers depending on who answers. I never have consistent work so I never know how many hours per day I'll work so I never know what my next paycheck will be. I am so over this.

22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

23. Kiana

People have the most ridiculous ideas of things parents should be reported to DHS for. I don't take reports but I'll hear people complaining about things that should be reported and it's like just no. It feels super classist and kicking ppl while they're down

24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Not to mention this wrecks the system for actual issues that need to be addressed. There's only so many people and so much time to look into all the claims turned in and false or unnecessary claims only hurt those that actually need help

25. Kiana Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    Kiana

Yeah it's hard because you want people to feel comfortable reporting (I know I err on the side of caution). But like people wanting to report families for things that basically all circle around to them being low-income. sry they can't afford better housing or clothing for their kids but they're trying and they know they're struggling and don't need ppl punishing them for it.

I think we only have one intake person (I assume. It's always the same person when I call) and I cannot imagine juggling all those calls.