Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 37

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. crazy nate

Harumph

I'm getting really tired of people that think logic is the end all and be all of explaining our reality/existence. Don't get it twisted, I think it's one of, if not the, greatest tools humans have......but as time goes on I can't help but feel like humans are inherently illogical creatures.

Logic is not what drives most actions of most people. Emotions (positive and negative), associations (real or imagined), hunches, addictions, marketing, superstitions, indoctrination, etc. are what really drive people to do what they do.

I'm sure this is not an original train of thought, and some great philosopher(s) have written extensive masterpieces on the subject, but I haven't read them, so apologies ahead of time for the hack thoughts.

nl5011 likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I truly dislike every single person that doesn't use the turning signal in a car.

LightWithoutHeat and johnnyutes like this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

I'm not 100% but I think I had money stolen from me at work. It all depends if I kept 40 in my wallet (I mostly use my debit) Then 20 was stolen from me. :redanger:

edit: I found the other $20 in an envelope in my room. Luckily I hadn't had anything stolen

Jdaniels likes this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I don't even know how this can be the case, other than literal first time drivers that are practicing for their test. Forget doing it because it's courteous and safe - how is it not an instinctual habit of every driver on the road always, you know? Seat belts too.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

i hate when i'm in public and a stranger nearby says some insane and/or inappropriate comment and i turn around to look at said person who then looks at me like "why are you looking at me?"

i'm looking at you because you just said some insane shit in line at Wendy's

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

So you're the guy from Wendy's who shot daggers at me when I said I prefer the McFlurry to the Frosty

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

You were right

angrycandy likes this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

First thing I did when I got home was scream into my blanket. Can't recommend it enough.

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I genuinely read that as "screamed into my bracket" and thought you were mad about your march madness picks :crylaugh:

iCarly Rae Jepsen and muttley like this.
  11. muttley

The old Freudian slip haha

12. Jams

Trusted

Every single time my mom gets a phone call, she puts it on speaker. Doesn't matter who it is or where she is, they go on speaker. In the middle of the grocery store? Speaker! Wandering around the house? Speaker! She yelled at me one day for cussing because she was "at Walmart!" and I'm like um so??? They can't hear me. "Well, I have you on speaker!!" Well maybe I don't want everyone at Walmart hearing our conversation and I think that's rude to be in a public place and have it on speaker. She doesn't get it though.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

my mom does the same thing! It's the worst!

Jams likes this.
  14. Jams

Trusted

Omg I thought my mom was the only person who does it! I had to yell at her the other day bc she answered her phone in a restaurant and put them on speaker!! Why???? I try telling her it's rude but she doesn't think it is for some reason.

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

My work has a strict no cell phone policy for the aides. Most of the aides have kids and think they're an exception to the rule. They'll make excuses like how the babysitter needs to get a hold of them or the SO needs to reach them to ask questions. Or their kids need to reach them :sly: They can call the facility if it's an emergency. I'm so tired of hearing "but I have kids" when I tell someone to put their phone away. I don't care. It's policy. You signed an agreement. Work somewhere else if you have an issue.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jdaniels like this.
  16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I would agree we are illogical creatures, who are lost in an illusion of logic to describe an ultimately illogical universe.

Universe/mind is a blank page, and our logic is just drawing patterns on the page. Logic only works when contained in and referenced to its own logic.

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The Verizon store here is so bad, just like generally. They have high turn over so employees rarely know what they're doing. When I got a new phone they hooked up my old one to the machine that transfers everything to the new one. I told them my phone had been dropped in water and would turn on before it overheated and shut back off so you gotta work fast. I could tell they didn't believe me since it has no visible signs of damage and they took their sweet time, going kinda slowly, letting it sit around a bit before transferring stuff. Then surprise surprise it shut down in the middle of the transfer, and after that it kept shutting down quicker so nothing could be transferred over. I'm still kinda bitter lol even tho it's also my bad for not hooking that phone up to my Dropbox account.

18. Carmen SD

Trusted

More of a rant.

Bad attitude boy at work gave me a bad attitude during rounds. I was explaining something to him camly and he interrupted me and got snappy at me. I nicely told him to please let me finish what I was trying to tell him and he rudely told no, but in different words. I didn't let him do that. Then he goes off on saying the I have a bad tone when I talk to him and I talk down on him and make him feel inferior. I have done nothing but try to be helpful and give reminders. Nothing wrong with trying to work as a team and remind each other about things. I told him that I'm not trying to make him feel inferior or anything that it's only simply a reminder. (Not my problem if he gets but hurt eas and takes things the wrong way). And also I heard he doesn't like people telling him what to do, which in that case he's in the wrong job. If someone reminding you of something is going to tick you off that badly, you have issues. All this and he raised his voice and used a bad tone with me, yet I'm the one using a bad tone when I'm talking camly and softly?? Makes no sense. I can't even have an adult conversation with this guy without him getting snappy and start raising his voice. Oh and he tried making it sound like I'm better than him because I've been here longer wtf!??! I told him I haven't been here that long either. Dude needs a chill pill. He pisses me tf off with his attitude and makes me want to be a bitch towards him.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I can rant/vent for days about bad attitude guy. His tone is still bad and idk if he realizes it, but he comes off unfriendly. In a way he pretty much straight up lied saying my shift claims his shift skips out on rounds and says it wasn't true and they were there. That's only half true. I wait an hour sometimes for rounds and no one comes so I do it on my own. Like you need to clock out and took your sweet ass time so yeah in a way you weren't there, I waited so you also weren't there. he also tried to make it seem like I lie about things aren't being done, like srsly dude, if I feel like it's not done, then it's not done. If you were nice to me then I'll let not taking garbage slip by

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I know the subject of tips has been beaten to death, but grr when people don't tip well. The person I was eating with, their meal cost 3x as much as mine yet they put down the same tip as me and then I had to pay more tip to make up for theirs cause they refused. like naw that's not cool. And how does someone not feel like an ass when someone else is covering for their cheapness?? I'd feel ashamed!

21. muttley

These 10 hour work days can fuck right off. And you want us to come in on Sunday? Are you fucking mental?

22. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

tl;dr...this is going to be a long one. It honestly might just make me feel better to type it all out. IDK.

To sum up my two weeks here. I was at work 3/21 and received the call to get my kidney transplant finally..we hit the road and arrived in Rochester around 230 am. My husband and I were the only ones that went. My Dad wasn't coming up until 3/23 with my Sister, her husband, and my niece. (so a day after what would have been the transplant) I did all my pre op testing and relaxed with my husband until around 12:30pm.

Surgery was set to start, the last thing I remember was them sedating me. When I woke up, I was on a ventilator and didn't have a new kidney. I remember waking up to my husband and basically giving up the thumbs up/thumbs down? look and he told me no I didnt get it. Before they ever cut me for the kidney, they gave me an antibiotic. I went into cardiac arrest. They did CPR on me for 15 minutes. Typically, after 6 minutes, you have severe brain damage/ death. I don't think its really even hit me yet. It's an absolute miracle that I am alive.

My Dad and the rest of them still didn't come up until Thursday. My sister and her daughter were already at my dads and they were waiting on her husband coming from missouri. They were set to leave without her husband if they HAD to. She asked my Dad several times if they needed to just go and he said no. This all makes me so angry. If your daughter, who is not even 30, goes into cardiac arrest, wouldnt you leave AS SOON AS YOU CAN? So right around the time they got up there Thursday, I was coming out of emergency surgery because I developed a large hemotoma at my femoral artery that basically burst and I started bleeding internally and fast. I could have bled to death. My sister and my niece didn't leave my side along with my husband. I felt so bad for my husband because he had to endure all of this by himself. In a cold lonely hospital, alone. Over a 3 day span, I think I saw my dad for 30 minutes. That is no joke. When I did see him, he spent his time complaining about how tired he was and how he needed to go to the hotel to nap. Now, I understand he doesn't see my sister and her daughter that often, but he was so concerned with taking them shopping or out to eat. He just wanted to spend time with them.

After they left Minnesota on Saturday, I sent my Dad a text expressing my hurt over all of this. It hurt my feelings that he thought it was okay to just wait. It hurt my feelings that he didn't once think of how my husband was doing. And do you know what kind of response I got??? "Theres a lot I could say right now but I chose not to. This wasn't the first time that i have been the target of anger from any of you and im sure it wont be the last"

I asked him how he could blame me for being upset? and I reminded him that I should be dead. I shouldn't even be here to be upset. I then told him playing victim is unbelievable and that I was not harsh or over the line so I'm confused where the blame is coming from...((3 months ago he was officially diagnosed with diabetes that he knew he had...and when i tried to offer my help he acted like i knew nothing)) i got this wonderful response
    "im not playing victim. you dont seem to realize nobody offered to help drive up or back *which is a lie, i was there when my sister did*. stopping in wisconsin was not for entertainment but we need to get out and stretch (in my orig message i told him i was hurt that they went out to eat and shopping while in minnesota, not while they were on the road) and you of people know that i have to eat at certain times of the day. i have worked very hard to get my heath back to as close as normal as possible i guess i will pat myelf on the back nobody else is"----so he made it about himself AGAIN.

Did he really think giving him a pat on the back right now is the biggest of my concerns? I'm an EMT, hence the name, and when he first got diagnosed, he came to me to check his sugar. and when it was in diabetic coma range and i begged him to go to the hospital, he refused, and told me i didnt know what i was talking about. So i gave up on that.

After this i explained to him that I cannot handle any extra stress. My body and my mind needed to heal and by taking on any extra stress, I will not be able to do so. For the next 3 times he texted me, he harped about my car payment being late, going over the data on my phone, and fire department stuff that I cannot deal with right now. Things that are just sooo low on my priority list. The day we got home, he ran into my husband at the local bar picking up our dinner and proceeded to yell at him because the car was a mess and "you people are fucking disgusting"....yes because we had a couple of food bags in there and all the shit he threw in the car in the mad rush to MN. My husband is never usually upset by his little outbursts he has but he came home a shaking, livid mess. He picked me up for Dialysis Monday and it took him approximately 13 minutes before he picked a fight with me. I cannot drive. My husband cannot miss work to take me to my appointments. (And mind you, in all of this during our trip, he shattered his big toe on his right foot, so we're both a hot mess right now)

If any of you are still reading, thank you. I can't believe you made it through. I've pretty much talked my Sister and my Husband's ear off. I think I have some issues I need to talk to someone about. I've tried the whole counseling thing and it just didn't work for me. It was very uncomfortable. I felt like I couldn't totally open up.

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I don't feel like I can trust anyone.

24. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Holy fuck, I'm mad at your dad too. Sounds selfish af. I can't imagine the white hot rage you must be in.

25. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed - sounds infuriating