Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

finals week.

thats all i have to say.

2. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

waited a year and a half to get my bonus at work (he gives out year end bonus at the fucking end of March). Check has been delayed for weeks now (meanwhile only one partner has received his bonus) and everyone else has been in the dark. I find out today my bonus checks have finally been printed but across 3 checks with them being given to me at an undisclosed time in the future

I want to break so many things

I like this thread

3. drewinseries

Drew

That's rough man.

I left my job with a week of PTO left so that I would get a full check upon leaving. Little did I know once I left what the company had been referring to as PTO, and what was written as PTO on my HR account online was actually sick time so they don't pay out for it upon leaving. It also took them 5 pay cycles to get me the correct amount after my raise into the new year.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

My shoulder is jacked up and I'm almost convinced I'll have to get surgery or risk it getting seriously damaged.

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea what i'm doing after I graduate from college in a month and everyone keeps asking me if I have a plan and I hate it. I also hate that I don't have a plan.

6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Ooooo god. that sounds awful

My boss is such a fucking dick when it comes to that. If a person quits he always always always makes it the most impossible mission for these guys to get their checks

He's still holding one person's check (who moved back to fucking Wisconsin or some shit) and says if he wants his check he has to come and pick it up

dumbfounded that this guy hasn't sued him yet but all in due time I'm sure. I've learned to always make sure I'm paid up before leaving a position though.

7. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I'm 3 and a half years out of a college with a full time job and I still don't have a plan. You'll figure it out as you go. I got pretty depressed for a while because I just took a job at a call center that I didn't care about at all but if I could go back and tell myself anything it would be to just relax and enjoy everything as it comes. Shitty jobs don't have to be forever and figuring yourself out for a while after college is normal.

Mokena likes this.
  8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Stop playing obnoxious EDM in commercials. Thanks.

9. omgrawr

You mean like...

10. For some reason I got scheduled really shitty hours this upcoming week. (The manager isn't the primary person that does our schedule anymore.) While the girl who no one likes to work with and sucks gets more hours and more days. Makes me angry. I really hope I get that job I'm interviewing for tomorrow. Then I can put in my two weeks and leave that place. So tired of all the shit I deal with, people constantly asking for a cover or getting called in. I'm over it and I need to move on.

11. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Somewhat. I've actually given Truth a little bit of a free pass. They're still annoying, but at least they've got a good cause. I can't remember what commercial was on when I made my last post, but the Quesalupa commercials from Taco Bell immediately come to mind.

12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I keep trying to keep in mind that so many people in my situation are also facing the Great Unknown of what's to come and that I should roll with the punches of whatever's next. I just wish my parents would chill, especially my dad, who has never had to look for a job because he's been doing his trade for 45 years.

13. omgrawr

Good luck w/ the interview! The guy who's been my manager for three years quit last month and, while it sucked for me because he was an awesome boss, I'm happy for him because he is so much happier at his new job.

14. Thank you!! I'm so ready to leave food service and this is a new facility (from what I was told) so I hope I have a chance. Lol

15. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

It annoys the crap out of me that after months of waiting, they finally opened Le Pain Quotidien by my office, which serves as a much better breakfast option than anything else around the block, and you have to wait at least 15-20 minutes to get anything from a simple drink or a breakfast order. Not to mention, I was the second person in line to order yesterday and afterwards the girl at the register loudly announced "I'm going on break!" when they clearly didn't have anyone else to manage the register--aside from people who needed to make drink orders. Thanks for applying to LPQ only to obviously hate your job for the week that you've been doing it.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I hate when this happens. What do you wear? I like the "Alec" line from Express. I can't find a decent pair of "nice" skinny-work pants though.

17. omgrawr

Looking for a house blows. In the area we want to buy you have to put in an offer basically the day that it is posted to have a shot at getting it. That combined with finding a house we like to begin with is stressing me out more than it probably should. I'm sure we'll find something but while we're in the middle of the process it seems like it's never going to happen. The stress is compounded by the fact that our apartment contract is up in less than three months and I'm not sure what we're going to do if we don't find a place in time.

18. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

Got a paper cut opening a hospital bill. Ugh.

19. omgrawr

The worst. I got a paper (plastic?) cut from the thick plastic of a toothbrush package once and I couldn't believe how deep that cut went. I could flap my skin open and basically see inside my finger.

20. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

That sounds so awful. Thankfully mine was just paper so it really wasn't that bad.

21. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

My parents don't try very hard to maintain a relationship with me, even though there's no bad blood between us and never has been aside from typical teen-angst-induced drama (which was over ten years ago). If I don't call them, I never hear from them unless they need something. It's the same with my siblings. They're both in their 60's and starting to have more health issues and they need to be more open with us - I think they think they're being a bother if they ask for our help (which is not the case whatsoever). They also have been failing to tell me when concerning things happen to them. My mom was in a minor car accident and when I was over at their house they casually mentioned it like it was nothing. I'm planning on talking to them about it, but it just upsets me that I have to explain to my own parents that it's okay to ask me for help.

22. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

That sucks. This is how my family is too and it's completely frustrating to deal with

23. omgrawr

Parent relationships can be hard, I feel like especially between dads and sons. My dad used to be pretty bad about talking to me until recently after I graduated college he calls me just to talk sometimes. At first I seriously thought something was wrong but I think he just started missing my sister and I after we got into the real world. Definitely let them know that you'd like to hear from them more often and maybe call them yourself to let them know you'd like to talk. Hope you can get them to open up a bit!

24. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

My back literally always hurts.

25. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The entire male cast of iZombie is so much better looking than me and it makes me intensely insecure. Those beautiful pieces of shit, fuck them.

muttley likes this.