Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 112

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Jams

Trusted

Omggg my grandma is frustrating me to NO END!!! She has something seriously wrong with her health. She's on oxygen 24/7. She had to be put in the hospital last month. A doctor came in and told her she has congestive heart failure. Her cardiologist came in and told her no she doesn't. She has pneumonia and "something" is wrong with her lungs. So I went with her to see her pulmonologist bc even though I'm not a dr or nurse, I am a medical transcriptionist so when they start speaking in medical terms, I can translate it to simpler terms for her. He showed me her chart from the hospital. Everything from her labs to her echocardiogram said it was her heart. He was so upset and told her I'm so sorry, I cannot help you and I strongly advise you find another cardiologist bc this is BS. So what does she do??? Call her cardiologist who says "No I don't know what chart he's reading but none of that is true." Bullshit. I literally SAW IT MYSELF!! I told my grandma you need to get a copy of your records and that will show you who is telling you the truth but she insists she can't do that. She will not listen to me or my brother. So she made an appointment with a different pulmonologist but can't get in until March. Fine. Go for it. but in the meantime since you have to wait all this time, go find another cardiologist!!! Or better yet, we are in Ohio with Cleveland Clinic literally an hour away with some of the best fucking doctors in the entire country, skip the BS and go there! I'm about to pull my hair out I'm so mad. The hospital she went to has an app where you can see your labs and shit so my brother's going to try and get her signed up for that and hopefully her results will be on there and she will finally listen to us!

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I need a place to fuckin rant

I’ve been in Seattle for the past 2 weeks visiting my girlfriends family for Christmas. Today was our scheduled flight back home. Originally scheduled for 7:20a pst on Delta, we woke up at 3:30a to a notification saying our flight was cancelled. Delta only refunds me $100 out of the $1000 we paid. Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal, but she’s in residency and does NOT have any more days she can take off this week. She has to be at the hospital by 5a est. So I try calling Delta, they tell me the wait time is 2+ hours. That’s not an option, so we search for new flights. We manage to get seats on an Alaska flight at 8:45a to Charleston, SC with a 3 hour layover and connection to DC on United. $1200 later, we’re on our flight and managed to get exit row seats. I’m tall so this helped. We do the flight, and then the next flight. We land in DC annnndddd they lost our bags. We’re looking for people to talk to. Nobody is at any of the help desks. Finally someone shows up. They lost 20+ bags. The kicker? Our bags never got on the flight from SEATTLE. They’re just sitting there in Seattle. 15 hours, $1200, no bags, I might have covid who knows. Truly a great day

Nyquist and TSLROCKS like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I am very bad at like... mirroring movements. It's such a specific thing to be bad at but like my brain can't figure it out. One of the most blatant examples is when I was younger and getting a dental xray and they used to put a heavy apron thing over you and she was showing me how to cross my arms to do it and I could not figure it out and it was so simple. It was a huge struggle when I took a sign language class as well. I have a much easier time when the person is next to me showing me rather than in front of me. It continues to be a struggle when I try to learn pilates or Barre type workouts via video. I don't understand what they're telling me to do and I struggle to mirror the movement. People always say try X person on YouTube and I still struggle. It's so rare that I actually find someone who does it in a way I can understand but it's so satisfying when it happens. Idk if there's a term for it but I feel like it contributes to like 75% of my phyiscal awkwardness.

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Goddamn, that sucks and is a horrible experience and shitty way to end a holiday / vacation time. I guess the news keeps babbling about all the delays and issues but idk it sometimes seems blown out of proportion unless you’re experiencing it or know someone who is.

Some friends are having the same issue. They were supposed to fly back to Florida on Saturday. Their parents drove them to the airport (1 hour each way) only to have to drive them back because their flight was cancelled like 45 minutes before it was supposed to depart. So it was a total shit show since everyone was already through TSA. So they came back and have been desperately trying to book new flights and finally today got one but it doesn’t leave until this coming Sunday. And they have an 8-month old with them. So now they’re stuck here, at their parents house, with an 8-month old for an extra week. They’re supposed to be at work tomorrow, they have nothing for the baby since everything they brought ran out yesterday so now they’re buying baby stuff on the fly. I told them to consider renting a car and driving if the weather looks ok. I know many are in worse situations but my god the entire experience (workers and passengers) just seems like absolute hell in every way.

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My wife said some pretty forever shit today and it’s gonna be a real challenge to just move past it.

6. Jams

Trusted

Trying to change something with my phone plan and I can't do it online. I call customer support, go through the very long automated thing, get an error. They transfer me to a representative. On hold for 30 mins. Representative says they can't help me, need to transfer me. On hold for another 15 minutes only to get hung up on. So I try to do the online chat instead. It says I'm 47th in line and it's been 30 mins and still in line!! Just let me do this online!!

7. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

This is such small thing but I was just walking on the side of the street to the mechanic because I'm getting my car checked out and I don't have anyone in the area to drive me to and from places because I live alone and have no friends or family the area.

So I was just walking and I had a hot beverage in my hand and some young guy, a tool, just decides to blare his horn at me to scare me for no reason and he and the girl in the passenger seat looked like they were laughing at me.

I just really fucking hate people sometimes. I don't get it. It makes me so discouraged. Like, what compels you to do that? What if I spilled all that stuff on me? I am so distrusting of people in general and things like this make me just want to hideaway.

Carmen SD and AgonizingFir like this.
  8. Halitosis Jones Mar 8, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

The inherent flaw with production/metric based jobs is that the people who management jacks off as being the "best" because they're fast and get a lot of production done, in reality actually fucking suck at doing the job itself and make tons of mistakes. They essentially get rewarded for being reckless.

Then I get admonished for taking my time and making extra sure I am doing the job correctly. In fact I end up getting slowed down a lot fixing the mistakes of the "high performers".

9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Either that or the "high performer" is adept as cheating and juking the stats, and management has not caught on yet.

On time there was a guy management praised endlessly as being the best. In reality he was a guy that found a loophole and exploited it. He would brag about it off the clock too lol. He only got caught a year after they made him a manager they realized he taught all the people under him how to cheat the system too lol

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Sounds like a smart guy who would benefit from not speaking so much :crylaugh:

Halitosis Jones and Aaron Mook like this.
  11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

His downfall is one of the people he taught his little tricks to were too reckless and uncareful, and snitched on him immediately after they got caught.

12. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

[​IMG]

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Someone got into my car last night and took $1000 from me. I'm venting about me for a) not making sure my door was locked and b) keeping that much money in my car (it was a week of tips from bartending)

Just so fucking mad. Lived at this complex for 3 years. Very quiet. Very safe. Let my guard down.

I wanna catch this shit so badly

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. Carmen SD

Trusted

My work shorted me approx 10 hours on my last paycheck. I went to payroll when i got it because it seemed less than what I checked and I thought maybe I clicked the wrong days. I just remembered to check the correct days and nope, I was shorted. So now I have to go to payroll tomorrow and notify them.

15. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

I cleaned the dishes and dishwasher with the wrong fucking bleach and now I'm fucking furious. It shouldn't be so confusing just to pick out a product for disinfecting. I didn't find out until afterwards by going through the FAQ that I had accidentally gotten the wrong type of Clorox bleach, because guess what, they don't make it clear on their labels and now I have no idea what to do. I don't know if I just ruined my dishes and dishwasher. Do I clean them again? Do I rinse everything? Do I throw them out? I don't want anyone in my house to get sick or worse from them. I'm just so pissed and frustrated.

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

I thought I read somewhere it’s the same (brands may vary in terms of concentration or something like that), and the labeling is just a marketing scheme (not referring to the chlorine and non chlorine for laundry). I hope I worked that correctly

17. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

They apparently had a lawsuit because of how misleading this product has been or something.

I just don't want to like, kill my family or make them sick or whatever.

18. Carmen SD

Trusted

Ah I see. Doesn’t hurt to clean things again just to be safe. Or is there a 1 800 you can call and ask ?

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  19. Carmen SD

Trusted

I went to payroll to them about my shorted hours. They tell me I’m wrong and that the system calculates it differently than the payroll calculator. is 7.9 hours verses it being by the 60min- not sure how to describe it. I say it’s off by a significant amount. I get told I’m wrong and that I need to use my lunch break to come in a review it. I look and the screen photo I took and I calculated everything that wasn’t .xx. Guess what. That’s more than what my paystub shows. Also we get told to check our hours so what’s the point if it’s not going to match. The payroll person isn’t going to be there today and it’s really frustrating.

20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My parents have given me nothing but grief so far about how often they get to see my 5 month old son. I live an hour and a half away from them, and they somewhere in their broken mines believed I moved further away (all of 15 mins) on purpose to creative distance. Madness.

So today is the first time they’re gonna hang with him alone. They offered to drive down and watch him so we can get a break and grab some lunch just us.

This has been on their calendar for weeks. Turns out they didn’t bother to get a dog sitter or bring their dog to daycare or anything so they can only stay for two hours. So now us getting a break and relaxing is more rush rush rush eat fast mom and dad have to go.

What I’m annoyed by is I can just hear them already with “aww we barely had any time” or “I don’t wanna give him back” nonsense despite the fact that it was their poor planning that created the time crunch. They’re really good at the whole “there’s a thing we don’t like and we’d like it fixed but we will contribute next to nothing to fix it” thing.

21. In a real Banshees of Inisherin situation with my coworker and I don't know what to do about it (besides lopping my fingers off). I feel bad because he doesn't really have other friends or family in the area, but he is so inconsiderate and difficult to be around... I've never felt this desperate to get out of a perceived relationship.

22. domotime2 Mar 28, 2023
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2023)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So I'm going through something real emotional right now so take this with a grain of salt but

Man. Does anyone else feel like American society right now, when it comes to companies, places of business, etc just like...everyone is just trying to screw eachorher over? I'm thinking about how many instances in the past few months where I talk to someone on the phone knowing full well they don't give a shit about doing the right thing and what's in my best interest as a customer, as a person, and were all just trying to make the most money off eaxhorhwr as possible.

Like ill go small. Whattaburger, ill order chicken sandwhich meal, they ring it up as the large meal automatically without asking. Bigger places, car dealerships, banks, internet, apartment complexes, car mechanics,, dentists, doctors offices, and insurance companies. I don't need specifics on how they try and squeeze you throughout the process. Constant upselling at all times. Even my fucking dentist can't go an appointment without trying to sell me something. Like every single transaction in my life now I think, "how are they trying to screw me, what are they trying to sell me that I actually need or its actually a good deal...where's the catch".

News media and politics too of course. Hell, even my beloved sports continues to finds way to ruin themselves for bigger profit.

Fuck so even my lawyer (me and my wife are trying to get her green card, very complicated), I can't even trust him in having my best interest at heart. And at every point I'm like, this phone call due to his poor due diligence is going to cost me I'm sure. Can't trust him

Its gotten to a point where I emailed a liquor store for an old receipt from months ago, so my boss can reimburse me, and after a few days they found it and emailed me! Like I got normal, decent service, and I couldn't believe it.

We all can't trust each other anymore

I'm in hyper cynical mode but I guess I'm just continuing the circle

23. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

I had to call 911 for a Wellness check for my nearly dead father in law Easter. I put my crew on standby just in case. I find him, barely alive. Professional opinion? I beat death by hours.

Unconscious but alive. Admitted to the critical care neuro icu team. We rule out strokes, bleeds, infection.. He comes to on Tuesday and agrees to go to a rehab facility then to home or assisted living or nursing home if needed. That was the plan. Doctors agreed. FIL agreed. We agreed.

Today, he calls to say he’s getting discharged home!!!! He’s actually REFUSING extra rehab to make him stronger. And he’s now in sound mind and even though I’ve reminded the doctors the horrific state I found him in (shirt only, atleast one bowel movement, 94 temp, somehow wedged under his L shaped office desk)

Im so mad. It’s not safe for him to live alone at home anymore. the fact that he’s fallen 20x more than he tells us, he lied to the docs about his alcoholism and weed use, they’re still sending him home.

He fell about a month ago and told us 3 days later. We went to his house. His arm was fucked up, sitting forward with right arm extra forward. I told him he needed to go to the doctor. Guess what they found on xray? Approx month old collarbone fracture and 3 VERY broken ribs, not just cracked.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sorry to hear that hopefully you or your passengers if any are ok

devenstonow likes this.
  25. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah I'm completely fine, the guy in the other car was completely fine. Lame shit of being on an offramp with an F250 coming up behind me, I didn't stop yielding quick enough I guess, got honked at and "truck's not gonna stop" according to the other guy.