Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 111

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My dad and his boyfriend broke up and I'm heartbroken at the places he's looking at to move to. They're just no better than something me or my sisters would look at and I feel like he deserves better at his age. Just sucks.

2. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Bear with me with all of this because it's like a million different thoughts at once and I'm trying my best to keep it concise.

- I was in a hit and run car accident recently. Long story short, some fucker in a truck sideswiped me, tore my entire front bumper off, and then fled the scene like an absolute fucking coward. Like, legit floored it right after it happened so that nobody could get his plates. I do appreciate the strangers who witnessed it and were incredibly nice and helpful, and all things considered, it could have gone infinitely worse. But I am still seething about the guy in the truck just leaving. Absolute coward behavior. And it's always fuckers in trucks who pull shit like this.
    - My mom and I are looking to move. We love the apartment we have, but we also live right above our landlord and he's constantly complaining about the absolute dumbest shit. We're not rowdy tenants, at all. We're quiet and don't cause any sort of trouble. But it's getting to the point where the constant stress of "will this cause him to call us and complain" is giving us headaches, and we deal with stress headaches enough from other things. He's absolutely the type of cranky ass boomer who will complain "why can't I keep any tenants" and then refuse to look inward and maybe realize the reason he can't keep anyone is because of him.
    - This one might be a little hyper-specific but it's frustrating that most of the communities I'm involved in are incredibly supportive and cool about my gender identity (or lack thereof), and then at work I basically have to hide who I am because of all the transphobic boomers. And it sucks because I legitimately do like my job and it's the first time I can actually say that. Maybe I'll eventually reach a point where I just stop giving a shit and stop hiding that part of me from coworkers, but I think I'm still relatively early in my "journey" so to speak and I don't want it to become a spectacle for them to talk about behind my back. At least not yet.

3. Carmen SD Aug 31, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2022)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

We ran late at work and my lead basically denied me my lunch. She told me “no i need you back at x time. We have patients” which was not even 10 min. So I didn’t clock out because it’s not legal. I went to the accounting lady since my manager was with a patient to tell her I’m going over my hours and I get my meal penalty pay and I thought i let her know. I came back in the building and my manager asked if i was upset (I guess my face isn’t good at hiding it) so I said yes. And if I took my break. I told her no I was told not to take it and I was needed back at x time. My lead straight up lies in front of our manager (she shakes her head like she didn’t just tell me no you have to be back). I’m going to confront her about this tomorrow. She’ll tell me how the manger lies about stuff. But yeah like no. My manager then told me to go on lunch. Either way I still get the penalty pay

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My cat had explosive diarrhea all over the back of her legs and I'm so grossed out. No idea what she's walked on. The carpet is a tan color so there's like no way of knowing. Ugh. Had to hold her hips like a wheelbarrow while my fiance scrubbed her legs with wet paper towels, but her fur is still a slight yellow.

Her food addiction is hilarious though. She squirmed while I was holding her hips, so we put treats in a bowl and she freaking devoured them while I was still holding her without a care in the world.

5. Jams

Trusted

Today has been an absolute awful day and I'm just exhausted. I woke up with I think a pinched nerve in my neck and had pain shooting from my neck to my finger tips. I was on call at work and of course had to work a full day. I forgot to set a timer and burnt my rice. Then I dropped my gauc and spilled the entire container on the floor. Then I'm trying to go to bed and apparently my smoke detector needs new batteries bc it is constantly chirping and driving me fucking crazy. But the thing is wired into the ceiling and I can't get it disconnected. And of course the battery compartment has a pin locking the thing in and I can't get the fucking pin out to change the battery. I have pliers and have been trying but it just broke the top almost completely off and the pin is still in the fucking thing!!!! Like why make it so difficult to change the fucking battery??? I'm cranky and tired and don't wanna deal with this shit!

6. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Very long. Sorry.

I’ve had the worst week since 2014 when my Mom passed. My dad had a stroke. He’s alive, without physical deficits, except for his speech. My Dad was very well spoken in a professional career for his entire adulthood and the treasurer of the Fire district I am in (so in charge of all of the tax money brought in) I can understand him about 40% of the time now.

I live only 3 blocks from my childhood home, where he still lives. I haven’t slept in my own bed, in my own home, since 9/22. I was supposed to go to Mayo for my one year transplant follow up that I already had PTO set up for but obviously had to cancel.

My older sister lives about 20 minutes from here and my very pregnant younger sister lives in a different state. I have been at my Dads house every single day 20+ hours a day until yesterday when I went back to work. I sleep here. My sister that lives the closest to us has been there this past weekend during the day so I could finally go back to work. I need to earn my PTO back so I can reschedule my trip. The very first day that she was scheduled to be there during the day, she had THE NERVE to see if my husband could instead. (He was a huge help the first few days but he also needed to go back to work)

I’m so exhausted. He doesn’t need much besides food prep and help with meds but the stress is eating me alive. I feel like I’m going to get stuck doing EVERYTHING. And I’ll do it, I love my Dad. Every single day that I have off I’m scheduled to be with him for his home health visits.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If you don't mind me asking, how is your health? Its okay if thats too personal. I wonder and think about u sometimes. Hope you are okay. That's a lot of stress on top of your own battles you've been dealing with

8. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Never too personal for me to speak on my health, always want to spread awareness because you never know what can happen. Thank you for asking!

My health is the best it’s ever been! All of my labs are good and I’ve never been better. My kidney is working like it did on day one! I celebrated the one year of my transplant on a plane to the Dominican 8/11 to (also) celebrate our friends wedding!

Orla and Kiana like this.
  9. Kiana

That is great news! Glad you're well. Congrats on your one year!

emt0853 likes this.
  10. Kiana

How do parents with school aged kids do it??? I've been helping out with transport and whoever creates school schedules is unhinged. Granted they also presume the kids live close by and in my case the kids are like a 30 minute commute but omg. It's a sibling group and some kids go to elementary and one goes to middle. They schools are right next to one another but one starts an HOUR earlier than the other so I drop that kid off first and then watch the other kids play on the playground for an hour wasting time before I can drop them off. Then today the middle school gets out TWO AND A HALF HOURS earlier before elementary. Wtf. So I either hang out with the kid for that long or drive half an hour to take him home, backtrack half an hour, wait for the other kids to get off, then drive another 30 minutes to take them where I just dropped the other sibling off and then backtrack again.

Unhinged. Idk how parents can even have jobs with this madness.

Nyquist, Cameron and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honestly I’m really dreading the drop off/pick up situation when my kids get older. I start work early so not sure how it’s going to work. My wife is a teacher and recently changed school districts to a nicer one and it’s closer to home. So the point being my sons will go there as well. We shall see

12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

We have 2 kids (7 and almost 5) that right now go to different schools and it's tough. We are very fortunate that my wife works from home the majority of the time and my job is flexible with schedules as long as I get my hours in. We also live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids so if a parent can't take care of a kids someone else in the neighborhood is usually available to watch for a couple hours if needed

Cameron likes this.
  13. Jams

Trusted

My grandma had surgery and I was supposed to stay with her for 3 days, 4 max. I’m now staying for almost 2 weeks. It’s not my grandma’s fault and I’ll do it but I’m tired. I’m trying to work from home full time while taking care of her and her dog, do all the house work then the yard work. She lives back in the woods and has multiple acres and keeping up with everything is a nightmare. What’s annoying is my stepmom and aunt both live 2 mins up the road and are both retired so idk why no one can help me out!! She’s most likely going to need another more complex surgery too so can’t wait to have to do it all over again!!

14. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Can you get a home care aid through home health? Scroll up a bit, I’m in a semi-similar situation with my Dad. You can find my post recently above. I’m the one that lives 3 blocks away but I also work full time (and then some) at a hospital and am still in charge of the fire depts ambulance.

I’m sure your grandma is extremely appreciative of you being there to help out! You’re doing a great thing for her but being a caretaker is absolutely exhausting. Hang in there. Make sure you take care of yourself too, you can’t help her if you get burnt out. Arrange a day or two that someone else can be there to help her and the doggo so you get a much needed mental/physical break!

Jams likes this.
  15. Jams

Trusted

Unfortunately I have no one who will actually step up and help out so it’s just on me to do it. Sometimes I can get someone to come help with the yard work or something but after a few hours they “need to leave.” Last time she had surgery I lived with her for 3 months and the only “break” I got was 1 day and I helped my mom move lol it’s very frustrating bc everyone has no problem putting their hands out for her money but nobody actually wants to help. If she ends up having major surgery again though I’m gonna have to figure something out bc I can’t be living here for months again. Just not happening! She’ll have to get an aide at least part of the time bc it’s too much for just me. I know she doesn’t want to go that route but if no one else will help out, that’s the only option.

16. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I’ve been seeing my current therapist for almost a year-and-a-half and she’s great—except for any time me being asexual is brought up, she suggests it’s the result of trauma and every time, I have to assert that no, I’m absolutely positive it’s not. The sentiment that asexuality isn’t a real orientation, just something that’s caused by something else, is fucked up and I hate that she keeps failing to grasp that.

17. Ugh. That's so frustrating, especially considering it can be so hard to find a therapist you're actually happy with. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Raku and Orla like this.
  18. Carmen SD

Trusted

I guess the world wants me to be alone because somehow my fb dating profile got deleted saying “they couldn’t verify my video selfie”, when I had been verified several times before. I can’t find a way to have them review it and fix it. And it takes a week to make a new one and who knows if it will even let me make a new one

edit: I’m gonna had that I had 3 photos of showing full face yet there’s so many fakes and people wearing masks or covering their faces that don’t get removed

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Healthcare in this country is such a fucking scam. Just got a letter letting me know my cholesterol medication is no longer covered. God forbid someone try to take care of themselves and prevent future health issues.

Orla, Aaron Mook, Kiana and 1 other person like this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

having difficulty making rent

21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

imma have to skip some meals

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

My rent went up so I’m paying close to 1500 and I’m super underpaid. I’ve skipped meals. I don’t qualify for food stamps. I loos for “budget food” but even then groceries are out the ass

23. I'm really sorry you guys are going through that. If you want to post/send your Venmos, I'll try to send what I can.

Orla likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I think my phone stopped working on me. I've changed to a charger that I know works and it keeps shutting off and on showing charging but 1% (because it died). I cant afford a new phone. I also dont want to lose all my photos and other data on there

25. When nobody helps me around the house or with the dog despite me working full time and using any spare time to be with the dog, clean, and try to see grandparents and friends. Where the fuck am I supposed to find the time? I’m getting burnt out and angry at not having support around the home despite living with three other people. I work morning shifts on saturdays and I don’t think I’ll see my grandparents tomorrow or Sunday bc I need a break even if they guilt me for not being the perfect granddaughter.

Orla, Aaron Mook and Cameron like this.