Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 110

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

I had a company/manager that took 5 MONTHS to approve a request. I ended up quitting and used my vacay as my “two weeks”

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

School pick up/drop off situations. I used to work at a school and the parents block all the entrances to park when they're in line instead of leaving space. Then sometimes when they would leave space they'd still flip me off or cuss at me if I went around them to park because they thought i was cutting the line. I have to pick up/drop off kids from school a lot now and parents stay blocking entrances to the parking lot for those who don't need to stay in the car line. Some schools let me temp park where the busses go since I have an agency car, but others are way stricter. The differences in policy and pick/up drop off layout give me soooo much anxiety. I know this school is gonna call me for being late but I'm stuck in the line.

3. Jams

Trusted

My time off was finally approved!!!! Can’t wait to call my nephews when they get home from school and finally get to tell them we’re going. They’ve never been on a vacation before so they’re going to be so excited!

4. Jams

Trusted

I'm basically on call on Sundays and of course all the doctors decided to pick today, a holiday, to dictate all their reports from months ago. So instead of getting to spend today with my family, I get to spend it working a soul sucking job I despise. Also fuck my job for saying we get 2 holidays off but every single time I've asked for one off they won't give me it off!! I hope my boss's dinner burns and tastes like shit today!!

5. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not being able to have someone to vent my frustrations to about a stressful day at work is really hard. It would be nice to have someone to vent to and talk some shit.

6. Carmen SD

Trusted

I was backing up out of a parking space and this girl started walking SO FUCKING SLOW behind me. Like on purpose. I looked at her to hurry tf fuck up. She clearly saw me. I can’t with people like that

Victor Eremita and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Folks, here is an “AITA” for you:

about three years ago I moved in with a couple I met off craigslist. I am tenant at will, month-to-month. They are also tenants, but appear to be close with the landlord. We have gotten along well over the last three years, although they have a penchant for being very messy and sometimes being loud at night. Last night around 11:30 PM they came home absolutely shitfaced. I had been watching one of the NHL playoff games on TV, and they told me that they want me to move out in September because they are “a gay couple in their 30s who needs space”. When I asked why they couldn’t move out into an apartment of their own, they answered very condescendingly “we’ve been here 10 years“. It was clear that they had made up their mind regarding this decision.

I plan on reaching out to the landlord today or tomorrow in order to get a copy of the lease. As far as I know they can’t force me out, and I’m not about to let them. Am I the asshole here?

8. stars143

Trusted

Are you on a sublease? Or do you rent directly from the landlord?

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

tenant at will month to month, verbal agreement. I had done it once before and had a great experience.

For what it’s worth, my roommates are also just tenants, not property owners.

stars143 likes this.
  10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

You are not an A, but Id be looking for another place, unfortunately.

It seems like it wouldnt be a good future there.

11. Jams

Trusted

From now on, I'm only going on trips by my damn self. Leaving this weekend for vacation with my mom and 2 of my nephews. We have had this planned since before the pandemic and finally have everything booked. So my mom has had over 2 years to save for it. She let me know last month she basically saved nothing for it. So I ended up having to pay for the entire hotel (she did this to me last time we went on a trip also.....). Then I tell her she can pay for gas since I'm paying for the whole hotel. She said ok but she can't afford to help with food for the kids. So now I'm paying for food for myself and 2 kids. At this point I'm freaking out bc I technically have the money but it's my savings for a down payment on a house. Then my mom says she's not getting a couple paychecks bc her boss is taking vacation and my mom doesn't get PTO so now I have to pay for all the tickets for me and the kids. THEN!!! She calls me today and has the fucking audacity to say she can't pay for all the gas bc the prices are too high. So she's basically getting a free fucking trip from me. Again because she did this when we went to Vegas before. And she has all these fucking excuses. You had over 2 years to plan for this. Fuck off!

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg!!! That is wild. Im sorry she's putting you in this position

Jams likes this.
  13. Carmen SD

Trusted

Sorry to hear that’s happening. I’d just tell her to nvm and she can go on the trip herself with your nephews. It almost sounds like your mom is using you and doesn’t want to pay for anything. Times are though for everyone and if she can’t afford it atm why go on the trip?

14. Carmen SD

Trusted

The guy that lives above me constantly leaves his trash on his balcony and it falls in front of my unit or patio. I’ve complained to the front office before and all they say is they’ll talk to him but it constantly happens.

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

I am LIVID! Almost certain some mf threw something at my car while I was at a stop light... for no reason at all except they couldn’t get over 4 lanes (not my fault or problem). I was waiting and heard a loud THUD and at my peripheral saw something fall but couldn’t tell what. I had to pull over and check for any damage before I see if I need to make a police report. Idk if it could have been a bird but idk why a bird would fly that low. People are fucking crazy! And the radical right wants their guunz. No way!

I need to install cameras for this shit. Anyone know of any good cameras I can install around my car?

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Literally someone just threw something at my car earlier. I have a company car and it was just a coffee it seems but people are so fucking petty

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I couldn’t see what it was that hit my car. It’s scary because I’ve seen those videos of people going nuts damaging other peoples property over no reason really

18. Jams

Trusted

Work seriously just called me on my vacation. They are trying to make me take a new account they got and it looks awful. I’m so pissed. They say it’s bc they can trust me bc I’m one of their best workers but they don’t seem to comprehend I’m paid on production. So every time I get a new account I have to learn it which takes time which means my production goes down which means I make less money. Let me keep my account and leave me alone!!! I’m already underpaid as it is!!

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

Hmm where do I start (work rant)... I was passing along info to this girl at the front desk in regards to a patient. Keep in mind she complains how "the back doesn't communicate with the front", in which I can't speak for other people, but I do in fact do my best to communicate. Also keep in mind the front doesn't communicate with the back. Anyway, I was giving her info about a patient, what they need to be scheduled for etc. She stops me and says "hold on" to help the other girl at the front desk schedule this same patient. I was PISSED, so I just walked away. It was the same patient and it could have waited literally one min to help her schedule them. The info I was giving is in relation to the appt being scheduled. I told my lead what happened. Also this same girl got snappy with me. All because of her poor communication. Going back to the communication thing, and as I told my lead, I think this girl is so overwhelmed that she doesn't listen or forgets, because there's been times where I clearly communicated something, and noting happened.

20. Jams

Trusted

Started my new account at work today and it is even worse than I thought it would be and I've spent the entire morning sobbing at my desk. Great way to start back up after vacation! Probably won't be able to buy that house now bc my pay just drastically decreased. Why does life just have to constantly suck so bad? Every time I feel I moved forward, something out of my control happens and just ruins everything.

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

I relate to this right here.

22. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

A plumber showed up to my apartment this morning without notice to do incredibly loud maintenance. Thankfully I happen to have the day off, because I often take calls for work and there’s no way I would’ve been able to perform my job while they were here.

Not only that, they weren’t wearing a mask when they showed up, so I gave them one and they wore it pulled below their nose the entire time. My apartment is the one place I shouldn’t have to worry about contracting COVID and I hate that I have to weigh being seen as a difficult tenant for wanting to protect my health.

23. Carmen SD

Trusted

Roe v Wade being overturned. Don’t know how the RRR thinks this is maga. They’re delusional. We keep going backwards in time

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Shoot me. Please.

An old lady crashed into my car 3 weeks ago and all of this stuff with her insurance, the auto shop, towing, title change, buying a new car, etc. This process has been a nightmare

25. Jams

Trusted

Having no support system is awful. I needed help with something really simple on my car today. My dad knows how to fix basically everything yet he won't help me. When my brother needs help with something, the whole family is over there immediately and paying for the parts themselves. When I need something, I'm on my own. It's so frustrating. Like my brother needed his mower fixed. My dad took the day off work, paid for the parts, and went over and fixed it. I have the part purchased and just need him to help me (on his day off!!!) but he won't. Now I have to pay someone to do it. I'm so tired of everything. I've always been the least favorite member of my family and I have no idea what I did wrong. And I have no friends or partner so I'm on my own for everything and I'm just exhausted.