Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations • Page 108

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Carmen SD

Trusted

Hot water that I pay for wasn’t even working. It worked for a minute then ran cold. Waste of a salt soak bath

2. Jams

Trusted

Apartment next to mine was up for rent and I was praying so hard it would be someone nice and quiet. Nope. It's someone with a baby lol Now every single apartment surrounding mine has a baby or small children. It's never quiet. I get woken up every night almost. I know kids are noisy and that's just how it is but ughhhhh And more annoying are the parents who love to constantly scream at their kids (specifically my downstairs neighbors....). The dad will wake me up every weekend without fail at like 7 a.m. bc he's SCREAMING at his daughter. Just stoppppp. Also for some reason my bathroom is sooo fucking noisy which is a giant bummer bc to relax I like to get a bath and read but nope. Can't do it bc I can hear EVERYTHING in there. It sounds like they are in my apartment it's so loud. And the one woman let's her toddler aged son just run up and down the halls screaming all day so that's great!! I'm trying so hard to buy a house. I finally have enough for a down payment and just need to get enough for closing costs, etc. but now all the houses in the area I'm looking at are all out of my budget when like 4-5 months ago I would have had no problem finding something so who even knows when or if I'll be able to buy at this point!! And every time I look the prices just keep going up :verysad:My mom saw one for sale so she called for me. It's right down the road from her house that she bought last May. It's comparable to hers, slightly bigger but her house is in better condition. It's $50,000 more than what she paid for her house. Whyyyyyy???

3. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

ive been lucky ive never had to deal w a noisy obnoxious neighbor. if i do in the future and their belligerent assholes about it ill simply be petty and beat them at their own game. could start off w the ol' coins in the dryer trick and if that doesnt work ive got an amp that can shatter windows and know how to play master of puppets very poorly.

Jams likes this.
  4. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

What do you do if a check arriving via USPS got delayed because of an ice storm and now you might miss your rent deadline by a couple days? And your landlord says you gotta bounce asap if you can't pay in time?

Follow up question, if you needed to make $60 dollars in 24 hours to extend your rent deadline to prevent eviction, what's the fastest and most effective way to go about it?

5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Do you have a Venmo or some such?

6. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

oh lol, I was thinking there might be some options out there i haven't considered for getting the bones online, but if you got the means to lend a quick sixty today, that's obv best possible scenario, much obliged bud. ^_^ cashapp ok?

7. Nyquist

Absolutely. I’m more than happy to help.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The housing market is insane. Kinda scary. I'm not tryna live in a town house for several more years. So jealous of friends who purchased their home 4-5 years ago. Their homes have already appreciated over 100k so they're pretty much set now.

Jams likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

Wow, Nyquist a real one :thumbup:

10. Nyquist

Hey I tried sending you a message on here, but it’s telling me your profile is private. If you want to shoot me a message with your info, I’ll send it right over.

11. Iain

Regular

Man, i feel like i cant go to the cinema without someone grinding my gears.

I went to see Death in the Nile. Ok, not going to pretend I’m overly excited for it. I got to our seats, and there are people sitting in them. Done the polite “oh, i think that might be our seats”. To be met with “yeah, our seats are just 2 down, do you mind sitting there. The rest around them are free we checked”. I’m a bit like? Wtf? So you actually know your in the wrong seat, but thought fuck it? Totally would have got it if they went “oh shit, wrong seats sorry”. But it was deliberate?

stars143 likes this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

We were told we were getting adjusted salaries to account for inflation and to be more competitive with other employers. I got a fucking $100 raise. Not $100 per check, $100 per year. Such a slap in the face, I’m absolutely livid. Fucking keep the money, time to look elsewhere.

13. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

More money chasing fewer goods. Gonna be a rough few years… or longer.

Dyablo likes this.
  14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Went to pick a prescription at CVS today

cops were called on me

pharmacists had to tell the officers nothing was wrong multiple times

every last pharmacist had to say “no I don’t call the police”

i Just kinda stood there awkwardly and let them do the talking thinking about how I could be fucking killled for no fucking reason.

waking season likes this.
  15. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

I'm so fucking tired of watching my partner struggle through physical ailments. It's so incredibly defeating to know there's not much I can do and ultimately any changes will either come from time, luck, or advances in medical technology.

For context, she's a long-COVID sufferer. She started developing POTS-like symptoms last year after initially getting COVID in October 2020 (before vaccines were available, of course), and they've just been coming and going ever since. Heart-rate fluctuation issues (often when moving from laying down to standing up), temperature/exercise intolerance, increased anxiety/depression, digestive issues, headaches, and more. On top of that, we also believe she likely has endometriosis and has suffered for years, which can only be diagnosed via a laparoscopic surgery. We still need to get that surgery, and it is towards the top of the to-do list.

All of that to say, over the last couple of years I have watched her struggle and suffer most days with brief reprieves in between. It's so hard to see the person you love constantly hurt and have almost no power in managing it.

We know that we face a long road ahead, and even then there's no absolute guarantee that she'll ever get better or that the symptoms will be better managed, I just wish that day were here. I know that we will continue to push forward to get answers, help, and ultimately hopefully a resolution of some kind. We just want normal lives that can we enjoy. It shouldn't be so much to ask for, not just for us, but for anyone.

Thanks for reading.

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have to take my car in for something small. Person I spoke to said it’s an “all day drop off”. I asked if they have a shuttle or something back home because I’m not paying for a Uber or Lyft. Girl says they can Uber or Lyft the first 15 miles. What’s really frustrating is what I need to have checked has never worked since I purchased it a few months ago. I then asked how would I get there to pick my car up. Couldn’t give me an answer and said they’ll me let know day of. Also said if they need my car for a few days what am I going to do because I work and I’m not paying for Uber or Lyft. Especially since something has never worked since day one and that’s not my problem

17. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have this co worker that... well I can’t really explain it. But she’ll put words in my mouth like say I said something but I didn’t. It’s like “you said...” and I have to be “no I never said that”. It’s more like me saying maybe or might about something turns into he thinking I actually said yes. I’m just so irritated. Also certain things she acts like aren’t a big deal, maybe because to her it’s not a big deal but needs to take in to consideration why it’s a big deal for me. Like girl I am so much older than you, stop. I don’t have time for her childish bs

18. Jams

Trusted

I hate when things that should be really simple are made really difficult. I just wanted to request 5 days off work for a vacation in June, 3 of them using PTO bc that's all I have (love that it takes me a year to earn 3 days!!! so great!!!). But instead of just emailing my boss that, I have to fill out this extremely complicated form that makes literally no sense. I asked my mom if she understood what it meant. She had no clue. I called my brother and asked him, he had no clue. He asked my SIL, she had no clue. I emailed my boss but she never replies so I just did my best and told them if I did it wrong, let me know. Like why can't I just put the days I want off and how much PTO I wanna use?? Should be pretty straight forward but I had to bust out a fucking calculator and do a bunch of math and all of the things I had to fill out were extremely vague so probably did it all wrong anyway!

19. Mr. Serotonin

Lol it sounds like they just make you do payrolls job if you want to take off :crylaugh: that sucks.

def get outta that place when you’re able. Anywhere that gives you only 3 days off after working a full year is garbage.

marsupial jones and Jams like this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Fractured my elbow and have no idea how I can do my job as a coder with only my non dominant hand :-/

21. Jams

Trusted

This is the first job I've ever had that even offers PTO and I'm 30 :verysad:I knew we were offered PTO but we have to earn it and it's a certain percentage so I had no idea what it would actually be. So I was pretty pissed when I saw I only had 3 days. And that's for sick days, vacation days, personal days, holidays, etc. Basically, fuck this place lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i was gonna say - this sounds like whoever is in payroll doesn’t want to get blamed for fucking up time off so they make the request system so convoluted either nobody requests time off or is able to figure out if payroll fucked up or they did because of the confusing process lol

Mr. Serotonin and Jams like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Attempted to apply for a REAL California drivers license which the deadline was pushed to next year now but wanted to get it out of the way. Did all the right steps and there is even a video they have you watch to be certain you’re doing it correctly. I somehow applied for the REAL license and renewed my current license which still has plenty of time left on it. Called the DMV and said all I can do is when I get my accidental renewal in the mail to bring it in when I go to get my real license and “hope” they don’t charge me twice….

24. Mr. Serotonin Mar 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2022)
    Mr. Serotonin

Work is insane. We've been trying to hire 20 or so OPS staff since November and haven't hired 1 yet....and that's because OPS means full time no benefits, low-end salary...which NO ONE really wants ever, but even less during a pandemic. Management's reaction - just keep re-advertising the positions :eyeroll: The candidates all just use our positions as leverage to get more money from other divisions/companies, which...good for them.

I'm one of the "lucky" enough ones to have a full time position WITH benefits (1 of 4 in the section). Since we can't get anyone else though, we have to do SOOOO much work. For reference, I JUST started managing grants (passed the test in January) and will have 65+ to manage. The average used to be 20-30.

Not a good way to learn. Not a good way to keep employees around. The people who actually ARE currently employed in this section are essentially being punished because management "can't" find a way to hire capable people.

At least pay the people who are here and working.

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm in the middle of a self-reinvention and I don't find as much joy in hobbies/interests that used to define my identity.