Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vent Your Frustrations

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by omgrawr, Apr 12, 2016.

1. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Has something happened to you today or in the recent past that you'd like to rage about a bit? Here's the place to talk about incompetent bosses, ridiculous arguments, or just not getting the last slice of pizza.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have to wait six more months for more iZombie.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't travel into the future and watch every season of Lucha Underground consecutively.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Chez Viking isn't on Spotify

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have to go to work in the morning, but I'm so stoked on iZombie, that I can't go to sleep.

6. omgrawr

I'm getting the sense that a lot of your current problems can be traced back to iZombie.

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

My uncle is arguing with people I know on FB about schizophrenia and why he doesn't feel bad for Jake Lloyd because he was a celebrity and has money. Seeing that go on first off, is super embarrassing for me. Second off, it's heartbreaking to me that my uncle can be so cruel and heartless. I looked up to him growing up, wanted to be as cool as he was. Seeing him now acting like that, I just feel ashamed of him. Sorry I got kinda dark in this funny thread, I just had to get that out right now.

8. Kiana Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

A non iZombie related problem:

Despite how I whine about every mundane detail of my life on here, I'm very private irl. I'm not on social media. If there's something I wanna tell someone, I'll tell them myself. I hate when people post stuff about me. I go to the pharmacy and the pharmacists reference personal details of my life, like hew r u??? My mom posts stuff about me and tons of ppl I don't know like it which is weird. Also my brother in law has cancer and the whole town and the surrounding areas know and ppl will ask me about him and I didn't even know they knew we are related. They're near strangers and I don't want to talk about it with them. Like get outta my life tbh!!

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

these skinny jeans aren't as skinny as i wanted them to be.

Liz, Quin Stack, Essie and 2 others like this.
  10. omgrawr

I can totally relate to this. I feel like Facebook kind of perpetuates the ignorance of a lot of people that I've respected throughout my life, including some of my family members. I grew up in a small town and didn't realize until later on in life that the views of a lot of people I care about are actually pretty effed up. I try to kind of look at it through the scope of them not having an opportunity to learn about and understand what others may go through. It's hard to not think less of people who spout out ignorance but I think you can still care about someone and be let down by their intolerance at the same time. Honestly my dad has been a bit of a racist my whole life and I think I've finally turned him around on that because I never hear him say a lot of the shit he used to say.

lightning13 and DarkHotline like this.
  11. omgrawr

Social media has ruined so many things, hasn't it? If you're not posting constantly about your awesome ass life, something must be wrong. If you post non-stop you're a vainglorious d-bag. I much prefer Twitter to FB because I can at least just post some funny stuff on there and nobody really cares. Facebook has become a land of depressing posts and people arguing about politics and things they don't really understand like what DarkHotline's posted about.

lightning13 likes this.
  12. Kiana

I've never had a FB but I pretty much avoid it for that reason + the trauma of my embarrassment from myspace put me off social media for a while lol. I live in a conservative rural town and I know it'd get messy fast and ppl would prob dislike me more as well lol. Seems easier to just avoid it.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I've honestly put so many of my family members on ignore because of stuff like this, people I grew up with too. My uncle has always been this pissy, antsy person about things growing up, not the best but nowhere near the level of apathy on display. It really makes me think just how much I've grown as a person since he was last active in my life, it's been leaps and bounds.

lightning13 likes this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Moving blows

omgrawr likes this.
  15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

just to bounce off what y'all are saying about FB/Twitter - it's why i keep my "friends"/following to a minimum and don't check it as obsessively as I used to. it's helped a lot. man, some people really are terrible.

omgrawr likes this.
  16. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I hate to present my thesis at an undergraduate conference on Friday as part of my requirements to graduate and it's frustrating because I don't feel like this is contributing to my education at all. Upon reflection I feel like I have had to do a lot of things to earn this degree which have had nothing to do with the major or degree itself. I am bitter that many of my friends did not have to do these kinds of things to finish undergrad, but I have to suck it up and finish this presentation because I work all day tomorrow and have to leave my house at 4:30am to get to campus on time to travel to the conference. First world issue.

17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Type 1 Diabetes. 11+ years with it, this week has just been one of the bad ones.

18. omgrawr

Rough man, hope it gets better!

19. Kiana

Trying to switch insurance to new car. Was hoping to do it while avoiding human interaction. I cannot for the life of me navigate their website tho so I'll have to call. Also my mom sold my old car for a lil more than nothing which, I thought it was worth nothing so that's cool. But she had like no details on who bought it and then got mad at me when I got irritated. Like sorry I have to fill out a form with the DMV and know who bought the car. She was like "I thiiink it was Firstname Lastname. There was a guy named Kip there too. idk his last name. Put him down if you can" like wtf who is Kip?? like what am I supposed to do with that? You can't just put someone's first name on legal documents! I'm sure even Cher has to put her full name on stuff.

20. omgrawr

What are you majoring in? I remember getting frustrated with some of my work in college that I didn't really think was relevant to what I was working toward. If I had to do it all over I would've gone into Physical Therapy because I think I would've loved it. I was too scared of all of the work it would take to do it and I could kick my own ass for that. I ended up with a major in Organizational Leadership & Supervision which is fine but is pretty broad and I'm not sure that it will ever lead to anything I'm passionate about.

21. omgrawr

I'm actually pretty sure that Cher signs her name as:

First Name: Ch
    Last Name: er

>-p

DMV is frustrating enough when you have all your info straight. Hope everything works out without too much hassle!

22. Kiana

So far the DMV stuff seems okay. I just turned the form in online so that was cool. Hopefully the person I put down is the owner and not the mysterious Kip. The insurance stuff is irritating. I'll have to go down to the DMV in a few weeks but honestly compared to DMVs in bigger cities it's not bad. It's intimidating tho knowing nothing about cars or the process of things

23. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

may have unnecessarily delayed my admission to grad school by an entire year :~)

24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Had a wisdom tooth yanked out of my face a week ago, and the pain from that has mostly subsided, but now all my molars feel... weird. Like... my upper jaw isn't resting on my lower jaw the way it used to... or something. My teeth are touching each other in ways heretofore unexplored. It's weird and disconcerting and annoying the living goddamn shit out of me and it's making me just hate having teeth altogether.

25. Louie

Takes a Bit More

I'm an econ major. We are the only major in the school of business that has to write a thesis to graduate, and the only major, that I have heard of, in the entire school that is required to present their research at an undergraduate conference to just to graduate. I also have to present it a second time at the school. I wish I had picked on of the other majors in the school of business, you get almost the same education up to the last year and they are much easier and less stressful. I plan to get a job right out of school and go into the private sector, I don't understand why they make it mandatory to rear us all like we are going into post-grad studies...not to mention all the other useless classes I had to take which didn't even pertain to my major or even business at all to fulfill their lame requirements. The real kicker is econ majors also have to take some classes to graduate that usually count as senior capstones for other majors, so while other people are fulfilling their last requirement in a hard class you're not even close to done lol. We also have to take one extra exit exam that counts as 15% of our thesis grade. I'm like the Atlantic Ocean level of salty over here right now :redanger:

thenewmatthewperry likes this.