Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Someone is actually upset?

2. drewinseries

Drew

I was just basing that on the comment that said people we're trashing it on Twitter.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Basically what I expected for a teaser. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of the suit around Infinity War's release

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've seen more negativity than optimism on Twitter, but that's alright. Even if the movie flops (which can't be predicted this early), all I want is a movie I can enjoy a lot. And, that's currently very likely.

Dodger likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

In a perfect world, they don’t show you what Venom looks like until you see the movie. Let it be a big reveal. But that’s never going to happen.

Also, there’s no way any of the Venom stuff looks even remotely done yet, so I’m glad they made the decision to not put in some janky footage and forced us all to listen to the internet experts saying the CGI looks bad while leaving out the fact that production ended two weeks ago. But instead we’re getting people mad on Twitter because they didn’t show him at all. They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t, clearly.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol nothing

7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I gasped when I saw it was a teaser then thought fuck I just realized I want to go in to this movie not seeing anything.

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I liked it. Andd I like how Hardy sounds. Dug the dialogue, though I’m sure some find it corny, too.

“Everyone’s got their thing. Maybe it’s a break-up. A death. An accident. Whatever it is, you used to be one thing. Now, you’re something else. We all have our own problems. Our own issues. Our own demons.”

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

"Who am I? I'm Spider-Ma - Venom. I'm Venom."

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wouldn't it be ''We are Venom.'' though?

airik625 and Nyquist like this.
  11. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

ghostedaway likes this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

It’s weird to hear Tom Hardy talk lol

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

chewbacca110 and Why Bother? like this.
  14. Tim

I mean, that'd be accurate for Suicide Squad, but so far, not really for this movie.

There are fair criticisms and concerns to be had, but that's really reaching. This is way less in that vein (so far) than it easily could've been.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

I think it’s jist referring to the font??? Could be wrong tho

carrytheweird likes this.
  16. Yeah that font is.......... not good.

17. Tim

I have no problems with the font. It's very Venom, and way better than every Spider-Man movie logo besides Enter the Spider-Verse. A flat design would look better and maybe be a better fit than a metallic one, but I dig it for what it is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

We've gone full internet with font criticism, time to abandon the thread

19. drewinseries

Drew

I think that's the goal with the Spawn film.

Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Bummed YouTube doesn't seem to have closed captions for the teaser because I can't listen to it at work, but I'm so excited. I'm happy they at least showed the symbiote in some sort of container, I would've been impressed if they could have gotten Venom in there so quickly, so I'm content.

But yeah that font is fucking terrible.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You would watch a trailer for the first time with no sound?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

You underestimate just how obsessed I am with Spider-Man, my home office is like a shrine lol

Tim and Dodger like this.
  23. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Question. I heard Carnage was going to be the villain in this movie? was that just a rumor or is he confirmed?

24. The type's good. The chrome on it is a poor choice. But the type? It's good. Great movement and character.

[​IMG]

It's a nice update.

25. Reach for the sky!

You are a sad, strange little man. Prestigious

What’s a good book to start with Venom? Especially the Eddie Brock stuff. I have The Hunger and Birth of Venom in my Amazon wishlist but just wanted to ask around here.