Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This film was confirmed to take place in San Francisco (the setting of Venom: Lethal Protector) and to predominately take its inspiration from the 90s comic storylines Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes. Sounds fun.

2. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Tim

Nothing really new here, just an image of Tom Hardy looking like Tom Hardy plus an "official" look at a panel appearance that was previously reported on:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/01/1...d-full-brazil-comic-con-panel-video-ign-first

Still, everything about this movie continues to excite me. Tom Hardy seems to really care about this character the same way Ryan Reynolds does for Deadpool.

If this embraces all the pathos, violence, and ridiculousness of Venom in the right ways, I'm gonna love it so much, lol. I'm not ashamed of this being my 4th most anticipated 2018 comic book film (behind Black Panther, Infinity War, and Spider-Man) in such a crowded year.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 and carrytheweird like this.
  5. slimfenix182 and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kuri44, airik625, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Just the look of carnage and venom is one of the things I’m looking forward to most this year.

AP_Punk and Mrplum5089 like this.
  8. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is this confirmed rated R or just heavily assumed?

9. Tim

I hope Sony puts a relatively minimal teaser on Black Panther and every other comic book film until Ant-Man and the Wasp, at which point they should drop a full trailer.

Have that visibility throughout the crowded summer, and then let loose once we enter that 3-month span between Ant-Man and the Wasp and Venom.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Mrplum5089 like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

We're definitely just getting a teaser tomorrow because filming just wrapped

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s alright for a teaser. It showed as much as I would expect.

13. Tim

Oh my gosh. I was 100% expecting the teaser to be like this, except with a quick, slightly shadowy shot of Venom at the end. But, no, Sony decided to do the opposite of Homecoming and not show Venom at all, lol.

That being stated, I do really dig the tone of this. And, I think it's smart to withhold any looks at the suit until they have a shot they're completely happy with.

We'll see how the skeptics respond, but I'm still pumped.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I was really wanting to catch a glimpse of what venom looked like.

15. drewinseries

Drew

I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM.

Cool teaser otherwise though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

people are already complaining about this from the teaser on twitter :eyeroll:

17. Tim

I'm sure nerds who still don't "get" this movie will spin the complete lack of Venom suit in a negative light, even though the common trailer narrative tends to skew (I'd argue sometimes too far) towards "less is more." But hey, that's fine. This nerd right here is content being the only person consistently excited from initial word of this film happening through today.

The crashed satellite or whatever looked cool. Seems like Eddie Brock will be a journalist investigating the crash, and the Life Foundation will be a typical evil organization trying to keep secrets for their own purposes. With the "Planet of the Symbiotes" influence, I'm guessing the costume coming to earth with have some sort of alien invasion agenda, with Brock caught somewhere between that and the Life Foundation stuff. Which is just enough to be potentially convoluted, but if the idea is that Brock is supposed to be in over his head, I could see it all working really well.

When the opening shot showed Brock being examined, my first thought was that maybe the cancer angle of Ultimate Venom would be incorporated, but by the end of the teaser, I threw that theory aside. He's definitely being examined post-symbiote. Wonder if they'll do some of the night time adrenaline-seeking sleep-Venom-ing that Spidey did before finding out the suit had a mind of its own.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

I mean we aint entitled to anything. I'm not mad at the teaser lol. I just really am excited to see what he looks like as Venom.

19. Tim

Ha, so do we all. Maybe they should've withheld the teaser until they got a quick shot ready to include. It'll be interesting to see how the narrative around the film evolves between now and October.

20. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah, this came out really quickly from wrapping filming I think? Maybe it's just not ready yet.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Yeah filming finished 2 weeks ago

drewinseries likes this.
  22. Tim

The best opportunity for a teaser release, timing-wise (and tonally), was probably New Mutants, but that got pushed back to next year. So, as far as comic book movies go, it's this or wait until Infinity War.

Still, we've gotten looks at Ant-Man and the Wasp, Solo, and Deadpool 2 within the past week or two. Maybe it wasn't worth trying to get something onto Black Panther. I like the teaser, but unfortunately, Sony is going to have to work extra hard to avoid the narrative they have working against them.

I'm personally more excited for Venom than I am Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, or New Mutants, but considering my weird Spider-Man movie opinions, that's kinda par for the course, lol.

Shakriel likes this.
  23. Tim

Also, let's take a moment to appreciate that the last word of the teaser was "demons," not "venom." Could've made an awful decision there, lol.

justin. and drewinseries like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The main thing I wanted from the teaser was to get an idea of Hardy in the role and I like what I got with that.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Because it's an awful teaser/