Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

One of my most exciting things about this sequel is the primary writer being Kelly. Not just for a different/female perspective for once but it should lead to a much bigger role for Williams and hopefully allow her to use her Oscar-caliber talent.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I say make Michelle Scream

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm imagining people who don't know the character Scream seeing this post w/out context, lol.

But, yeah, if we got a proper Scream, symbiote hair & all, I'd be super into that. Though, while I want Michelle Williams given something to do, I also still want her to have moments as the comedic straight man to Eddie's shenanigans.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and ghostedaway like this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:crylaugh:

Yeah that came to mind after posting it. Agree with you for sure on everything. Especially the hair!

5. Tim likes this.
  6. Tim

Yeah, I'd say that counts, lol. Word. :venom::peace:

awakeohsleeper and Joe like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Comic book movies are finally listening to you - long may this continue!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Finally got some time. Gonna pack a fat bowl and see what shenanigans I’m in for

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

I think I need to plan a time to watch this with Hannah again :venom:

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

I’m having an absolute blast with this

11. sawhney[rusted]2

Wow so I never thought I’d say it but that was actually 15 minutes too short. The third act was rushed.
    y’all were right about it feeling like an early 00’s action film, and it’s all the better for it. Super cheesy, and not at all a turd in the wind

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Watched it again a few weeks ago and had a blast.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Carnage and Shriek were a pair in the Maximum Carnage storyline so that's cool

Don't know a ton about her outside that storyline

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah wasn't she in love with him because he was a murderer or something? lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Tim

I love Shriek, though I frickin' love all c-list Spidey characters, so no surprise there. Hope they don't just have some non-costumed goth chick that they call "Shriek" (unless she's a super cool goth chick), but instead let this be a step towards a truly fleshed out cast of Spider-characters.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Tim

...though, if they don't start shooting until early next year... maybe they should mess around w/ the release dates? Like, maybe movie Morbius to that October date, since I doubt it'll be a big summer film, & then find a new slot for Venom 2? Not sure how realistic it is to get this film from principle photography to theaters in a nine-month period.

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm 100% sure that I'm gonna read Shriek as Shrek every single time until the movie comes out

20. I remember her performance in Moonlight. Can't really remember my impressions of her in the 007 movies, but I've only seen the ones she's in once or maybe twice.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I doubt it'd happen, but Spider-Man in a Maximum Carnage film would be really sweet. No need to have a rivalry between him and Venom going into it since they have a common enemy.

Since Venom never bonded to Spidey, maybe have the hatred start due to Spider-Man not wanting to use lethal measures against Cassady and doing something to thwart Venom/Brock

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. Tim

Not a fan of this suggestion, lol. Why do Eddie & Pete have to hate each other? They've been reluctant, somewhat antagonistic allies for years.

I love how current Venom writer Donny Cates describes the dynamic: They're basically brothers who often don't get along, but who will always be there for each other when needed. Eddie is, as Donny describes it, "the fuckup" (he applies his own experiences as a recovering addict to Eddie a lot), & Pete is the golden child, but they're still on each other's side.

The way I see it, if (or, more likely, when) they meet in a movie, they should just follow the basic modern formula for crossovers, which'll get their dynamic down just fine in spite of the tweaked Venom origin. Just have them fight each other when they first cross paths, & then grow to be on the same team, ready to fight some outside threat together by the third act. (And, since it's been established that this symbiote moves between hosts pretty nonchalantly, also let there be a moment when the symbiote ends up on Spidey. Maybe get the Venom chest logo that way? I don't need an explanation for the logo, but they clearly didn't wanna do it w/out one, so yeah, there's your explanation.)

Then, if people really wanna see more Spidey vs Venom action later on... I dunno, Mac Gargan already exists in Holland's world. Just give him a symbiote?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Tim

This news is apparently a couple weeks old, but I just saw it:

'X-Men' Producer Hutch Parker Signs on for 'Venom' Sequel

Hutch Parker was Simon Kinberg's co-producer & has his name on The Wolverine, Days of Future Past, Fant4stic, Apocalypse, Logan, Dark Phoenix, & New Mutants. Apparently Sony brought him in as a producer "months ago," alongside Amy Pascal, Avi Arad, & Matt Tolmach.

Fox seemed to figure out a little too late how to develop interesting, varied projects w/ their Marvel IP, but I did like the direction they were going at the time of the buyout. So, w/out knowing the breakdown of what was whose idea in that studios' various ups & downs, my thought is, hey, why not?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Only 2 of those movies listed were any good so I can't tell if that's a good thing?

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

How much weight does a production title really hold? I feel like I constantly see "from the producers of *good movie*" and I never see much correlation

RyanPm40 likes this.
  26. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'm not one to pull out "this wins halloween" so easily, but...

jkauf, Joe, joe.boy.fresh. and 4 others like this.