Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Looks like I need to see this movie lol

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

It's streaming on the Starz app if you got that

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh wow, didn’t know. Thanks!!

Serh likes this.
  4. As long as the sequel has more of Tom Hardy violently eating food, I'm all the way in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kingjohn_654 and phaynes12 like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

still the best buddy cop movie

6. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The last half of this barring the final fight (having two nearly indistinguishable dark blobs fighting at night is borderline unwatchable) was a ton of fun. I didn't love the movie, but now that they've gotten all the setup out of the way and they can go all in on Tom Hardy's Brock/Venom, I have a ton of faith in the next one. Actually pretty similar to how I felt about the most recent Power Rangers now that I think about it, but at least Venom isn't getting rebooted...

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Why?

8. Eh, we'll see I guess. Did anybody see that Mowgli movie he did?

9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Did not like Mowgli at all which makes me nervous

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he's good, maybe that's why. whom can say

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Mowgli didn't look good to me, but Serkis is certainly legendary at motion capture work. As I said before, as long as he's following the lead of Tom Hardy & writer Kelly Marcel, it should still be a good sequel. Seeing him share a picture of himself w/ a quality 90s Venom comic is certainly promising.

Kingjohn_654, Dodger and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Serkis seems to know dual personalities so that's good for a project like this. Hopefully he'll find a way to make Woody's Carnage interesting.

coleslawed, Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Bingo, he knows dual personalities and motion capture very well. People should concern themselves more with the writing, which was arguably the worst part of the last movie

Kingjohn_654 and Dodger like this.
  14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yeah, I didn’t like it

15. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

yall are making me feel better about this. Keep it coming. and yea the writing was what bothered me more than any other aspect so hopefully Kelly Marcel seemingly being the lead writer without the other two from the first leads to better results on that end.

16. Tim

The script elements that y'all hate so much probably mostly came from initial writers Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner, before Ruben Fleischer or Tom Hardy signed on. Kelly Marcel wasn't brought on to revise the script until Tom brought her in the same month they were starting production, but this time she's the screenwriter from the start.

My only potential concern is that some of the fun (like the lobster tank) was Tom improvising on set, so hopefully Serkis is as down for messing around as Fleischer was. That whole process seemed pretty rushed, though, so now that they know what works & have the important pieces in place from the start, plus Tom & Kelly being friends, I'm hopeful the special energy that first one had carries over.

17. Did Venom use motion capture? Is Venom 2 going to use motion capture?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Hardy co-wrote the new screenplay.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Tim

"I'm right in the beginning stages, so I've got some very clear ideas about the journey, [and what] I'd like to see visually, and how we can take the characters into another direction," he explained.

However, Serkis also revealed that Tom Hardy, who stars as the titular Venom, is hard at work on the film's story. "Tom was very involved with the writing--with [screenwriter] Kelly Marcel--of the new story," he said. "So it's very much centered around their take."

So, a script by Kelly from a story by Kelly & Tom? With both also credited as executive producers (as they were on Venom). Glad we have this confirmation from Andy Serkis that this is, indeed, still their show.

To answer the question @Joe asked, the first Venom did not use motion capture, so I'm guessing that's gonna be Serkis' biggest contribution. The way symbiotes were utilized in Venom didn't really lend itself to mo-cap, & I didn't miss it, but for a more established Venom facing off against a character like Carnage... As much as I personally dug some of the bonkers Venom vs Riot stuff, Carnage could benefit from Serkis' touch.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I was a tad confused too but Hardy sounds fairly involved in the process. We'll see who gets credited.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

michelle as she-venom was one of the most fun parts of the first movie

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.