Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

7C0337E3-05AE-436B-8072-33E14389FB61.gif

coleslawed and Contender like this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I think this movie is (dumb) fun as hell, personally.

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I mean, the Eddie-Venom scenes are very fun for sure, they were just the only enjoyable parts, so there were plenty of dull moments in between. Pacing was all over the place.

Tom Hardy is obviously a much better Eddie Brock than Topher Grace, but I do think SM3 was still a better story, even if I strongly dislike it. There IS something there and I think Tom would kill it in a better-written film. But this was just worse than I even expected based on others' opinions I saw in here.

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah this shit doesn’t come close to actual dumb fun movies, it’s just completely half assed

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Tim

I reject all claims that Tom Hardy was the only good element of this film, 'cause Michelle Williams as Anne rules.

"Hospital. Now."

coleslawed and Contender like this.
  6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I liked it lol

7. oakhurst Jun 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2019)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I didn't think any of the actors/actresses other than Tom were good. They all acted as if they read the script the day of or either didn't care and were in it just for the $$$

Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

Exactly. It just felt like minimal effort was given from the majority of the cast. Almost felt like some of them could have been reading off cue cards as they went heh

The door man at Brock's old job was probably the second best character in the whole movie haha. I did enjoy both (tiny) scenes with him quite a bit. Him and Eddie had more chemistry than Eddie and Anne tbh

9. Tim

Michelle Williams' performance is only bad if you think of her as a romantic interest. She doesn't have chemistry with Tom Hardy in that way, but if you view her instead as the straight man to Tom's comedic nonsense, she's delightful. Helps that Michelle legit had no idea what the heck was going on & was able to channel that, lol.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. [​IMG]

Such a fun movie. TATERTOTS AND CHOCOLATE!

coleslawed, Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RyanPm40

Oh yeah by chemistry I didn't mean romantically, I just meant for characters interacting with each other.

I liked her "Hospital. Now." line. Can't think of much else :shrug:. I do think she could make a good "straight man" with a better script and more screen time

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely got to see this again with the exact mindset I used when I first saw this. So much fun was had in a theater that seemed completely in sync with its absurdities

13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

whoa

15. huh

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Weird

17. RyanPm40

Hardy was the only good thing about Venom so I'm all for replacing just about everyone involved in the first one lol

ECV likes this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

oh wow

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t care who directs this. It’s most likely not going to be good no matter what. I just want to see Venom fighting Carnage

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Travis Knight (Kubo, Bumblebee) and Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) also in talks to direct

21. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

My votes for Wyatt. Loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Nope, give it to Travis. Much better track record.

jkauf likes this.
  23. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Serkis would be last on my list out of those 3

Dodger likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Serkis would be first on my list of those three.

25. Tim

I think Travis Knight would be the best fit. Bumblebee did great w/ humor, nostalgic IP adaptation, & digital effects. As long as Tom Hardy & Kelly Marcel continue to define the tone, the sequel should still be fine.

I do hope the director change doesn't cause Venom to lose its good craft. A lot of the film's success for me personally was its ability to embrace b-movie sci-fi nonsense while still having super strong cinematography & score (from a cinematographer & composer who, in the same year, won awards for A Star is Born & Black Panther, respectively). Almost like a spiritual successor to Punisher: War Zone. I'd hate to see it become as aesthetically flat as much of MCU Spidey has been.