Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Kevin probably ordered all of his assassins to keep a close watch on Amy.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

oakhurst likes this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

I'm into that.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Wishlist for actors to play Carnage?

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Matthew Lillard

GrantCloud and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I know this was suggested half-jokingly when Tom Hardy was cast as Venom, but Cillian Murphy would be a good fit. Mads Mikkelsen is too old but could be a cool, different sorta take on the character. My top pick is still Ruth Wilson, if they're willing to gender swap.

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I actually would like to see Cillian Murphy too. There was definitely some seriousness there haha

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They can't gender swap if they make Brock and Kassidy meet in prison.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Cillian should be in every movie but he's already done DC and I don't like how there's like 5 superhero movie actors they rotate around

Shakriel likes this.
  11. Tim

I don't envision them still meeting in prison, though.

I want them to keep the shamed journalist aspect of Eddie Brock, which was over an article exposing someone who claimed to be the serial killer "Sin Eater" before the real one was caught by Spider-Man. (If we keep this separate from Spidey for now, you'd obviously have the police catch the real Sin Eater instead.) If you make either the fake Sin Eater or the real one Carnage, you'd be staying true to the spirit of that character while making the conflict between Venom and Carnage much more personal.

12. Tim

Just as we originally assumed, Venom won't be in the MCU, nor will Silver & Black. Which, makes sense, and is for the better.

Kevin Feige, in a recent interview, also confirmed that the MCU isn't currently looking at anything Spider-Man-related beyond Homecoming, the sequel, and Avengers 3 & 4, but he also praised Sony getting Tom Hardy for Venom and gave his usual diplomatic "you never know" kinda answer, lol.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If Venom is received well then I have no doubt in my mind that Kevin will say it takes place in the MCU, especially if Venom still includes Tom Holland.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Tim

It's not gonna have Holland, though.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Didn't Pascal say Holland is still a possibility?

16. Tim

It's all been ambiguous, but with it outside of the MCU, I find it unlikely he'd show up. He at least definitely isn't scheduled to be in Venom right now.

My guess is that recent hubbub was just Pascal trying to say that a Spider-Man appearance of some sort in the world of Venom or Silver & Black down the road is a possibility. But, she doesn't have the gift of diplomatic wording that Feige has, thus her implying at one point that the Marvel deal could end in a couple years and at another point that everything is in the MCU, lol. Navigating the headline-hungry comic book movie blogosphere isn't easy.

17. Dog with a Blog

I don't know much about comics, but this has got to be rated R, correct? Isn't carnage a psychopath serial killer?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Tim

Neat. Wish we knew who he's in talks to play, but regardless, I'm down for him possibly being in this film.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Definitely doesn't seem like a Carnage type actor. I have no idea what other big character he could be.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

THR has confirmed that Matt Smith is also in the running for the role and that it is NOT Carnage. The speculation continues

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

He's a great actor. Should fit in just fine.

23. Tim

Without having any idea what the role is, I've gotta say I'd rather have Riz Ahmed in this movie than Matt Smith.

I'm really curious who this "major Marvel character" could be. There are only so many characters Sony has the rights to that could organically make sense in a Venom origin film with Carnage and Brock's ex-wife Ann Weying in it, especially if this isn't for Carnage himself. They've gotta be reimagining someone noteworthy from Spidey's supporting cast or rogues gallery into a Venom supporting character, but unless "major" is hyperbole, I don't know who.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Production has been delayed for a little over a month. Its likely due to issues with booking a crew.

25. I want to be excited for this but ehhh. I love Tom Hardy and think he will be excellent given a good script but it's kind of a bummer this won't be connected to the MCU. I've read Original Sin and wasn't in love with it to be honest, maybe I'll gove it a re-read.

Time will tell though in regards to this film.