Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom (Ruben Fleischer, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Honestly I’d probably adore a final cut that was R rated and more resembled Zombieland (there’s something hysterical about how Venom is eating people’s heads in this movie and Eddie and Annie are like “ahh shoot, that sucks”) but i had fun regardless. It’s great for if you feel like eating a bunch of popcorn and laughing at something.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I eat butter pretzels now because its like eating popcorn without the bullshit kernels and burnt pieces.

3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That was pretty much exactly what I was thinking during the fight.

And the problems with this movie would not have been fixed with an R rating or the inclusion of Spider-Man. It has fundamental problems that stem from the script, direction, and acting

ECV and Zilla like this.
  4. I thought it was funny that Venom says “oh don’t forget that fire is my Kryptonite” (literally a kryptonite reference!!!) and then the final fight scene takes place barreling toward a Rocket that’s about to launch. Talk about Chekhov’s gun.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hilarious how the last scene has Eddie going into the convenience store in broad daylight and then when he’s leaves, it looks like it’s well into the night.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I wish the movie as a whole lived up to the level that Tom Hardy was on, but it wasn't bad. I kinda like that it felt like some vintage, generic space monster film, with a dash of early X-Men films. Fit the character. Still, this would've landed with a thud without Hardy, who was clearly having a ball. A sequel w/out the burden of origin, w/ Harrelson as Carnage for Hardy to play off of, would probably rule.

The Venom kiss was good content. The one dead astronaut having the last name Jameson was a nice Easter egg, though if they try to connect their live action films (assuming more is still to come), I want Man Wolf to be an option, lol.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

So much of this was just not great but the actual Eddie/Venom relationship was so well executed I think it makes up for all the other short comings. Really loved this!

RyanPm40 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Because it's impossible to be a nerd and not make pointless comparisons, I did like this more than Ant-Man & the Wasp (which I liked more than some people seemed to), and also more than Deadpool 2. And, more than Spider-Man 1 & 3 (but less than the other 4 Spidey films, though there's a lot of room to grow in a sequel).

And, just to officially confirm what I predicted all along: None of the shortcomings of this film had anything to do with the lack of Spider-Man. Venom doesn't need Spider-Man. Period.

9. Dog with a Blog

coleslawed likes this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

And there was clearly no body on the floor when he walked out. Unless he ate the whole body instead of just the head?

Zilla and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

My dick is SO READY for this slimey beast

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I mostly agree but some of the effects shots of the two symbiotes kind of expanding/breaking apart were friggin awesome.

Dodger and jkauf like this.
  13. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It was neat aesthetically, but they just looked way too similar.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As long as this continues to make money we’ll get a sequel despite critic reviews. $10 million Thursday night opening.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, if you're planning to see this movie regardless you might as well do it in the first weekend or so while there's still big enough crowds going with

16. I enjoyed this. It was fun and that’s about all I want out of my movies

End credits stuff was cool as well.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Just watched it. It was better than I thought it would be. I’m still not sure why Venom’s mind was changed so easily because of Eddie. The two didn’t seem to have that deep of a bond and seemed rush. I want a sequel for Woody’s Carnage

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The big battle scene at the end was terrible. BUT I did really like the apartment scene, car chase, and the other action scenes. It was a good popcorn movie, but nothing more. I enjoyed the post-credit scene and saw it coming.

jkauf likes this.
  19. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this was so god damn stupid but I enjoyed it?

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I could not help but think of Upgrade during the apartment scene. That whole sequence from the apartment up to the news building or wherever it was Eddie worked was a lot of fun, but man the Venom/Eddie dynamic there just felt like it was pulled right out of Upgrade, down to discount Tom Hardy playing the main guy in Upgrade lol

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just googled Upgrade. It looks cool

22. drewinseries

Drew

I had fun with this, some missteps, but everything relating to Eddie and Venom was great. Hope there’s more. The music queues really annoyed me though.

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Upgrade is dope

jkauf likes this.
  25. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I liked Upgrade much more than Venom

jkauf likes this.