Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Andy Serkis; October 1, 2021…?) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

CEFC7532-BA87-4B53-A876-B1BFF08E35E6.jpeg

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Maybe Venom being in Spidey has something to do with it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Post credit scene (audio) leaked. And oh boy, they're doing it.

Why Bother? likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

seems like most parts of the US aren't getting screenings. i've yet to see anything for boston at the moment, either. what the fuck sony

6. lol critics tagging and threatening boycotts for not getting to see stuff early really crack me up

I should start trying that for album advances.

awakeohsleeper, neo506, jkauf and 3 others like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i believe "don't make me blacklist" was in jest, not sure

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah boo hoo who cares? They can just see the film when it releases to the public

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Much like with video games, reviews are generally more helpful when they come out before a movie releases to the public

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They can be but the critic in that tweet shouldn’t be complaining about not being able to see it early.

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I hope Sony specifically bans those dweebs for all of their screenings

oakhurst likes this.
  12. Anthony_

eh it’s no different than video game reviewers complaining about not getting review code in advance. They can’t do their jobs properly without it.

Zilla likes this.
  13. As someone that gets a lot of advances for all sorts of forms of entertainment for like 20 years ... we've really just made up the idea that any of us need them early. It's there to provide some hype and make people feel special, none of us need free shit early to do our jobs well and engage readers with good criticism/opinions.

I like getting shit early. And bragging is super fun for the ego. But very little would change if I never got anything early ever again.

jkauf and DrAlanGrant like this.
  14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the reason for not doing advance screenings outside of NY or LA have to do with COVID in any way? If that's the case, then I think complaining is a little naive, isn't it?

15. Anthony_

Generally in the both the film and game industry, advance screenings/review code are withheld because the studio/publisher has something to hide. As in, they would prefer reviews not be available until after a good chunk of people have already spent money on the movie or game. For obvious reasons.

16. Why are we pretending for some reason I don't know how screenings, advances, and embargos work ... or the many political reasons they're employed to craft the narrative the person putting out the thing wants? It's literally been a massive part of my job for over two decades.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  17. Anthony_

correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think anybody is addressing you directly lol

18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I certainly wasn't, if there was any confusion. Tate's post wasn't even there when I was typing my post.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just remembered that if Venom is in the MCU then so will Morbius

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hate being reminded Jared Leto is a thing

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

24. Anthony_