Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Andy Serkis; October 1, 2021…?) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Dec 28, 2019.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Batman has been delayed to October 2021

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wonder if they always planned to move it but wanted to wait for other studios to make their calls first.

Makes me think similar conversations are privately under way for Spider-Man, too.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Venom and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Cletus Kasady

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

F34E9E0D-CBAE-42DE-AADD-8D2C02301A56.jpeg

official logo

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Okay okay

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

On a serious note, Venom is one of those films that is great to watch while relaxing on the couch with a snack.

It’s a very feel good movie thanks to Hardy.

8. Tim

Something about that logo reminds me of Spider-Man: Homecoming, which isn't an association I love, lol.

9. Maverick

Trusted

Maximum Carnage is such an obvious go to title I’m shocked they didn’t use it, so they’re saving it for a sequel or Carnage solo? My guess is they might use it for an actual Spider-Man heavy film like the namesake comic itself.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think we’ll definitely get Tom’s Spider-Man in a film with Venom and Carnage set after Spider-Man 3 with another MCU hero or Morbius and they could save Maximum Carnage for that. That’s if Sony doesn’t kill Carnage off in this film.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was my 10,000th post evidently

13. Tim

There's no way we get an MCU character in a film of Sony characters.

Could definitely see something w/ Spider-Man & supporting characters from his films who Sony has, plus Venom, Morbius, & whoever else shows up down the road (Spider-Woman?), all against a common threat. Heck, they won't, but you could even call it just "Maximum Carnage" instead of "Spider-Man:" or "Venom:", & then make the protagonist/point-of-view character someone they have the rights to who hasn't appeared yet. Like, Black Cat or something.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You’re probably right, but I feel like if the Sony Universe continues to follow and try to blend into the MCU and it’s successful then after a while it will be kind of awkward for the films set in the MCU to just flat out ignore them and they don’t try to find a way to balance it out.

15. Tim

If you remove your knowledge of the contractual stuff, though, is it really that different from, like, some of those solo movies between Avengers & Age of Ultron not having the other Avengers? (Not to mention all the comics where that’s a thing.)

I think it’s just something inherent in the comic book shared universe suspension of disbelief, which either works for you or it doesn’t.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

We are getting a One Punch Man movie from this creative team. lol

justin. likes this.
  17. Tim

Oh. I don't watch One Punch Man, but I think the premise sounds fun & could make a good movie from this creative team. But, I googled it, & it's... not actually this creative team, lol.

Not Kelly Marcel, who wrote the final draft of the last one & is the sole writer of this one. No Ruben Fleischer or Tom Hardy or Andy Serkis.

It's Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner, who wrote the first draft of the first one. Which wasn't good until Tom, Kelly, & Ruben got their hands on it, lol. They also worked on the two recent Jumanji films (which, the first was surprisingly fun; didn't see the other). And, Pinkner worked on The Dark Tower. :teethsmile:

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

well that sounds less promising. lol. One Punch Man is totally worth checking out if you have the time.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

One Punch Man is hysterical and would be fantastic with a team that understands how to make a deconstruction of the mediums tropes into a hilarious storyline

I have no faith in that creative team lol

20. Tim

Oh my goodness, don't taunt me, Donny.

The current Venom comics rule in a way that's tonally very different from Tom Hardy's Venom. If Sony actually adapts elements of that run into one of their films, it'll seriously be dope as fuck, y'all.

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'd be so in for that

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ooh I remember reading about his series, that’d be sick. Would be a really cool way to expand the series

23. justin. Sep 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 10, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

We might have to wait a little longer than June.

"What we won’t do is make the mistake of putting a very, very expensive $200 million movie out in the market unless we’re sure that theaters are open and operating at significant capacity,"

- Sony Pictures Chairman

Tim likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

shots fired at WB

Tim likes this.
  25. Tim

Hate the idea of waiting even longer, just selfishly, but also all about this coming out at a time it can succeed like it ought to.

Only way it’d be a better statement is if it ended with “...Morbius, though, we’ll just put out whenever. Fuck that movie.”