Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Andy Serkis; October 1, 2021…?) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Tim Dec 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2021)
    Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Sequel to 2018's Venom, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. Produced by Columbia Pictures, Marvel Entertainment, Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Amy Pascal, & Hutch Parker.

Directed by Andy Serkis
    Written by Kelly Marcel
    Cinematography by Robert Richardson

Tom Hardy - Eddie Brock/Venom
    Woody Harrelson - Cletus Kasady/Carnage
    Michelle Williams - Anne Weying
    Reid Scott - Dan Lewis
    Naomie Harris - Shriek
    Stephen Graham - Patrick Mulligan

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Tim

Figured it was time for a thread.

There's a report out there on the internet (you know how it is) claiming that Tom Holland is in talks to cameo as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in this movie. The timeline of the Marvel/Sony deal & the way Kevin Feige referred to Spidey as someone who crosses universes makes it possible, & I'd love if it ended up being true, even if it's a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo. But, claims like this float around all the time, so we'll see.

Anyways, principle photography started in November.

Also, worth noting that Matt Tolmach noted they saw how Eddie & Venom's relationship worked & want to lean into that, which is promising.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hope he eats more policemen

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Give me some good Carnage (and a Tom Holland cameo, I suppose)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Aw man, Woody dropped the shitty wig from the post credits scene from 1. What a downgrade.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

definitely going to hurt the comedy potential of this movie, that reveal was probably my biggest laugh of the first one

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Tim

That picture's a really good Cletus look, a perfect blend of goofy & threatening. Can't wait to see what Woody brings to the character. Hope the symbiote design is good, too.

Also, funny seeing how tempered my reaction to the Tom Holland rumors were, now that the Morbius film has a confirmed Vulture appearance & Spider-Man references, plus some heavily rumored stuff. I'm still unhappy w/ how Far From Home turned out, & Morbius starrring a creep is frustrating, but otherwise, man, it's a great time to be a Spider-Man fan. Especially if that October 2021 film really ends up being Spider-Woman.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I really hope Tom Holland has a cameo and the suit somehow is connected to him. I just want their to be somewhat of a link between Peter and Eddie with the symbiote

10. Tim

That definitely won’t happen in this film, but they’re for sure gonna have something like that happen down the road.

It’ll never be exactly the same relationship as in the comics, which I’m fine with. But, I 100% expect a film eventually where Peter wears the suit (even if it’s a more nonchalant event, like when Anne did), conjures up a white spider on the chest, & then Venom carries that influence going forward.

Kingjohn_654 and oakhurst like this.
  11. Tim

Kuri44 likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Woody looks ridiculous with that haircut hahaha

RyanPm40 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  14. Tim

The Venom credits wig wouldn’t work for a whole movie, but I’m glad Cletus still looks awkward & silly. Really is the spirit of the comics character.

ghostedaway likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't mind the hair, but honestly Idc how woody looks as Cletus as long as Carnage looks comic accurate

ghostedaway likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love how they insist on giving Woody hair as if that's such an important part of the character lmao. Just really wish they had stuck with the Carrot Top wig.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Tim likes this.
  19. Tim

Still on schedule, & no longer has that Morbius mess (which I still really wanna see, against my better interest) dropping just over 2 months beforehand. :venom:

Not sure how much work was done before quarantine or how much is being done now from people's homes, but would love a teaser before too long. Would be a wonderful warm hug while stuck here at home, lol.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Glad that Venom 2 is on schedule. I want to see Venom vs Carnage asap

zachmacD likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. Tim

Thoughts:

I would've gone w/ "Venom: Maximum Carnage" (not like Civil War, Age of Ultron, or Infinity War actually used their namesake's stories, lol), or if they really wanna save that for later, maybe just "Venom: Carnage." But, "Let There Be Carnage" does have a pretty fun, dumb energy to it that I dig a lot, lol, so it works.

Venom being a June movie & Batman an October movie is... so weird to me.

Having to wait so much longer is gonna suck, so sad I'm not getting this in the fall, though it's probably for the better. With both this & Eternals moved back, guess Birds of Prey is set as my favorite comic book film of 2020.

Since that's less than a month before the original third Spider-Man film's date, really curious what happens to that one, especially factoring in how it has to fit into both Disney & Sony's schedules.

Can't wait for the inevitable comic book called "Let There Be Carnage" to be released next year, lol.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Bummed it got delayed but I like the title

Tim likes this.
  24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Title gets me so pumped

Tim likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wait was that the initial batman date