Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Oof

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This was my lunch today. Thai tofu wrap

Tofu, spinach, cucumbers, carrot, cilantro, basil, peanut sauce. On a tomato basil wrap

Attached Files:

3. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

dude! you're vegan AND love Silverstein???

truelovewaits and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

Relax, he's married

sonder and truelovewaits like this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

I made the best carrot ginger soup the other day, yum

popdisaster00 and truelovewaits like this.
  6. Larry David

Sorry to disappoint, I'm not Vegan, but I do like to eat about 80% vegetarian. I was vegetarian for 10 years, Vegan for a little bit of that time, so I still enjoy the meat substitutes, and try to minimize my meat and dairy consumption.

7. Whatjuliansaid

This is kind of like what I was talking about a little while ago, there's just something about rice paper wraps

[​IMG]

8. Whatjuliansaid

It's probably really hard not eating meat up there, Dino BBQ and spaghetti warehouse and probably other stuff I can't think of

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. Whatjuliansaid

It's so hard to find, dammit. My friend gifted me one a few months ago and since I finished it, I can't find more anywhere. Is there another brand other than bee free?

10. Larry David

Became too hard financially to be honest too! How do you know about Dinosaur?!

11. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

aw man I was gonna say... #onlinebromance? lol

12. Larry David Oct 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2017)
    Larry David

Haha we can't be Just based on our love of Silverstein?(and my love of vegan food?)

13. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

okay, okay i'll give it my stamp of approval! :D

14. Went to a vegan restaurant for dinner tonight. Feasted on buffalo cauliflower wings, a “Big Mac” and fries, and soy ice cream. Kiddo had a vegan corn dog. So glad restaurants like this exist now!

15. Philll

Trusted

What are all y'alls plans for christmas dinner?

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been vegetarian for like 2 months now, maybe 3. Been easier than I expected. I'm unsure if I'll go vegan but I know to truly make an impact I probably have to.

Christmas dinner is really bumming me out though, I loved a proper British Christmas dinner.

Philll and PandaBear! like this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Been vegetarian for 18 months now - this will be the 2nd christmas I experience without meat and it is the only time when it's been even remotely difficult for me. Nut Roast fucking sucks, but it's even worse trying to eat that when you see everyone around you eating 3+ meats in one damn meal and loving it :verysad:
    This year I'm just having roast potatoes, shitloads of veg, yorkshire puddings and just drowning it in gravy!

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Pigs in blankets and turkey man. Fuck.

I'm just gonna do a quorn roast thing I think just for me.

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

My first veggie christmas too. Still undecided what I'll have - I'm not sick of nutroasts yet so maybe. Going out for a work christmas meal tomorrow night and trying a mushroom wellington, so we'll see what thats like.

20. Love the Gardein holiday roasts

skogsraet likes this.
  21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I was supposed to go to my work christmas party tonight where the only veggie option was nutroast and there was no promise of even vegetarian gravy, but I have been sick as HELL the past 4 days so I'm (thankfully) not going. Quorn roast is probably the best option I've had personally, though had mushroom stroganoff on boxing day last year which was amazing.

Philll likes this.
  22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

My family did those for a couple years, so good.

This year we’re doing vegan versions of mashed potatoes, gravy, the usual staples. My bro’s girl is gluten free though so instead of doing gardein’s holiday roast for our main dish, we’re having gf vegan lasagna. It is equally delicious imo.

We’ve been doing vegan holiday meals for a few years now and I don’t miss anything. We have the same meal as we did pre-veganism, just with some ingredients swapped out.

sonder and popdisaster00 like this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My office's Christmas do had blissfully nice veggie options, to the point where quite a few of the people who are a bit funny with vegetarianism had the same things as me.

Still haven't told my mum, but my older sister knows and she's the cook so this will be interesting.

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

That always happens in my experience - people either love the veggie options or they say "I hardly ever have meat anyway, just once in a while" and assume the veggie options are for them & hog 'em all!
    This year i'm just with my dad & brother, who both act like not eating meat is embarrassing. Thats why I'm just making it easy for them by not having any meat substitute lol.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My mum is the same, luckily my sister couldn't give a shit. I'm not looking forward to their attitude really though.

PandaBear! likes this.