Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

message me for LA recs!!!

2. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

In New York you should check out Delice & Sarrasin which is a vegan French restaurant!! I also love Bodhi Vegetarian for vegan Chinese, Adelina’s for excellent Italian, and Jungle Cafe’s buffet bar. Franchia in midtown has good Korean food and Natural Blend has delicious vegan Carribean food.

In SF you must check out Shizen, which is a vegan Japanese restaurant with some
    of the best damn food I’ve ever had. Ananda Fuara has some really yummy stuff over by Civic Center as well. Also check out Papalote and El Matate for burritos (El Matate doesn’t have any mock meats or tofu on their menu but one of the best burritos I’ve ever had was from there and it was just squash and beans and rice and guacamole and salsa and lettuce). In Berkeley you have to check out the Butcher’s Son and Flacos and in Oakland you must go to Timeless Coffee and if you’re looking for a fancy dinner spot, Millenium has the best food I’ve ever had. Oh also if you want some excellent Thai food go to Golden Lotus! Golden Era in SF is delicious too but I haven’t been in ages. If I ever move back to the Bay, it’ll be because I miss the food SO DAMN MUCH.

Kiana likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'll always be a lil bitter that if I order a dish without meat 99% of the time I pay the same price as the dish with meat, but if I order the vegetarian substitute of something (tofu, beyond meat, etc) I get charged like $3 extra. Sorry I'm trying to save the world!!!!

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

someone already mentioned homegrown smoker and i'm just reiterating you should def go to homegrown smoker. get the mac and cheese, i always make a pit stop if i'm in the area. portland has so many good vegan options. way better than seattle's options.

seattle: wayward cafe. amazing vegan dining food. we eat here almost every week. highline bar on capitol hill has some good vegan bar food and you might even get a metal show with it. araya thai in udistrict is pretty good if you're craving thai. there's also a vegan grocery store next to it if you want some vegan snacks. pizza pi is also on that street but it's okay.. not that great. if you want vegan pizza, i'd just go to sizzle pie.

chris likes this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

Wayward cafe rules

Also in Portland: Dingers Deli, one of my favorite carts here now, the Cuban sandwich and vegball sub are very good. Also Food Fight is an all vegan grocery that carries some cool harder to find stuff

also Sweet Hereafter, Bye and Bye, and Black Water are a few bars that serve all vegan food

Arry and summertimejesus like this.
  6. Supernova Jul 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2019)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Got a vegan pizza from Dominos yesterday and it was actually pretty great. Pacific Veggie with no cheeses and on a thin crust. It comes seasoned with a garlic-herb seasoning.

It was for work and we always buy the typical pepperoni, sausage, and a cheese so I never eat any of it. Didn’t know you could squeeze out a vegan option at Dominos but now I know I guess you can. Sure it’s prepared in the same area as everything else so there’s a “may contain” type asterisk.

dylan likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I just ordered two of these. Hope I got the right size
    :teethsmile:

dylan and sonder like this.
  8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Oh sweet! Hope you end up liking them.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I've had a pair of the Ramos for like 4-5 years now and they're still comfy as fuck

ChaseTx and sonder like this.
  10. ChaseTx

I got the Ramos in Herringbone and the Homer in black. Size 11 which I hope is big enough

dylan likes this.
  11. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

That's sick. If I get another pair I really like the herringbone.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. Burger King is rolling out Impossible burgers nationwide next week

13. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Just tried the Impossible Whopper and it's fine. Veganizing it just takes omitting the mayo, but that leaves a dry-ass sandwich, so I suppose add mustard or something? Cool for people without access to vegan-friendly restaurants nearby, though.

sonder likes this.
  14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, they are fine overall. They taste good and it’s nice to have something widely available. But it’s important to keep in mind that depending on someone’s goals/intentions, they are not particularly healthy. Definitely better for the environment though.

Orla likes this.
  15. Had one yesterday and enjoyed it considering that it’s a fast food burger. Definitely good to know it’s an option for things like road trips

sonder and Orla like this.
  16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Carls Jr Beyond Burgers are def superior if you have access to them.

sonder, Orla and dylan like this.
  17. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Yeah and it's about the same price as the whopper if I remember right. Add that carl's jr special sauce too when you remove the cheese and mayo.

18. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I didn’t even know this is was happening until my friend told me but taco cabana has a beyond meat bowl and taco now just make sure no cheese or sour cream. This is good for me cause I’m also gluten free and Taco Bell doesn’t have corn tortillas like taco cabana. And del taco doesn’t exist in my area. Loving how this fast food thing is steamrolling! We doing it y’all.

Michael Schmidt, Orla, Kiana and 2 others like this.
  19. ChaseTx

Impossible Whopper is great, I am firmly down with this plant based garbage

Hoping to hit up Taco Cabana this weekend

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. I eat that Gardein orange chicken at least once a week

21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

ITS SO GOOD. Even better leftover once it has longer to sit in the sauce

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

insane to me that KFC is doing fake meat before Taco Bell.

TylerDrumming likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

I want to start avoiding dairy as much as possible but lunch options are extremely limited near my work. So I guess I'm getting the Impossible Whopper again today

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

today's my 1 year vegan anniversary!

25. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

AWasteOfATime likes this.